The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

16 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

2021 1st + Rathbone +Virtanen *might* get you Reinhart but I don’t think it would be worth it.

Virtanen would actually remove value from the offer. I fully believe that Reinhart has quietly requested trade to the west coast, this undermines Buffalo's negotiating position. If he refuses to negotiate anything more than a 1 year extension with Buffalo, I believe that he can become a UFA next season and eligible to play anywhere he wants. Buffalo may be in a must trade now, to maximize return.

Most I would offer them our 2021 1st, 2022 3rd, and Kole Lind

Reinhart's defensive numbers are not that good, but that could also be the fact that he's playing for Buffalo.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bone is far more important to our team than Rhino.  We will keep our Bone, and they can keep their Rhino.  

I heard John Garret confirming what you are saying...I heard him call Rath will be the best Canuck defence of all time!

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, 4petesake said:

Gotta agree with you there, but then again I don’t have a face that’s worth 3 mil to save. Now if I had been paid 33 million over 5 years for scoring a whopping total of 38 goals and 90 points, as well as only playing one game in a year that the team was woefully  short of manpower. It should be painfully obvious to him that the team has no use for him. So with all that in mind and having some pride, yes I would leave 3 mil on the table and will retire.  Will Loui? Doubtful.

No you wouldn’t.

Feeling unappreciated at a $50,000/yr job and feeling unappreciated at a $6,000,000/yr job; it just ain’t in the same category of decision making.

All Eriksson has to do is sit tight and collect.

Edited by Me_
  • Hydration 1
7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bone is far more important to our team than Rhino.  We will keep our Bone, and they can keep their Rhino.  

If I understand correctly, you are saying that a 4th round pick who has yet to be considered full time in the NHL, is far more important than the 2OA14? 

Aaaiiiight…

• Vintage 1
4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Virtanen would actually remove value from the offer. I fully believe that Reinhart has quietly requested trade to the west coast, this undermines Buffalo's negotiating position. If he refuses to negotiate anything more than a 1 year extension with Buffalo, I believe that he can become a UFA next season and eligible to play anywhere he wants. Buffalo may be in a must trade now, to maximize return.

Reinhart's defensive numbers are not that good, but that could also be the fact that he's playing for Buffalo.

Way too much to give up.

• Hydration 1
15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

If I understand correctly, you are saying that a 4th round pick who has yet to be considered full time in the NHL, is far more important than the 2OA14? 

Aaaiiiight…

Oh for sure.  Bone is on an ELC and clearly going to contribute to our D and winning.  Rhino is a coming UFA (in one year) and overpaid, and is a proven loser.  No thanks to th3 cost to get him, the cost to keep him, and the history of losing he brings.  

“Just say NO to Rhino”.  

31 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Way too much to give up.

Most likely, but he can produce offense.

I wouldn't mind adding him, but would really like to do it for nothing more than a 1st, unless they were willing to say, take LE off our hands as well.

I'd be willing to go higher this year as, we really don't have much knowledge of draft picks past the first 10, we haven't seen them play this year.

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Most likely, but he can produce offense.

I wouldn't mind adding him, but would really like to do it for nothing more than a 1st, unless they were willing to say, take LE off our hands as well.

I'd be willing to go higher this year as, we really don't have much knowledge of draft picks past the first 10, we haven't seen them play this year.

Any 1st rounder Benning picks will be better than Reinhardt in the long term.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Probably at least 4 years out of being an impact player.

Benning doesn’t have the luxury of 4 years.

That pick is as good as gone IMO. Unless we somehow have a big faller drop to us.

Edited by DeNiro
5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Probably at least 4 years out of being an impact player.

Benning doesn’t have the luxury of 4 years.

That pick is as good as gone IMO. Unless we somehow have a big faller drop to us.

Stick with the plan.

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Stick with the plan.

To be competitive in 2 years?

That would give me even more belief that the pick will very much be in play.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

To be competitive in 2 years?

That would give me even more belief that the pick will very much be in play.

Keep drafting superstars. 
Again, Pettersson plays all tear and we’re in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Keep drafting superstars. 
Again, Pettersson plays all tear and we’re in the playoffs.

Less likely we’re getting at superstar at 9.

My guess is the pressure will be felt by Benning to make big moves. A top 10 pick will be his biggest trading chip. No way he doesn’t explore trading it.

26 minutes ago, Me_ said:

In most years, I would say that you are correct. The problem this year is, we have barely seen any of them play. Based on this, yes, I'd be willing to utilize picks, including our first, to strengthen the team on an immediate basis.

No, I wouldn't do that most years, but I think this year is going to be more of a crap shoot than most years. 

• Hydration 2
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Me_ said:

I’d disagree based on the 6 players Benning has drafted in the first.(I didn’t include Podkolzin.  Too early to tell considering he hasn’t played a professional game in North America yet ) 

Reinhart is better than Juolevi, Virtanen, McCann.

He’s different but roughly equal to Boeser.  

Only Hughes and Pettersson seem like slam dunk better players. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Vintage 1

I think it's likely we'll trade our first for Reinhart or another player. But I also think it's likely Benning will trade up in the draft. I'm expecting him to do an "aggressive" move.

12 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I would not offer our 2021 1st. That's 9th overall pick.

I'd only trade that for a young RD.

Reinhart is a nice to have but not a must have. 

• Hydration 2