The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

I find it interesting that many people are ok with trading our first round pick for Reinhart, but almost no one thought signing Nugent-Hopkins as a UFA was a good idea. I've always thought of them as pretty comparable players. Nuge is 3 years older, but given we'd keep our first rounder, I'd lean more towards him. Not sure where the cap space would come from for either, though, TBH.

2 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

I find it interesting that many people are ok with trading our first round pick for Reinhart, but almost no one thought signing Nugent-Hopkins as a UFA was a good idea. I've always thought of them as pretty comparable players. Nuge is 3 years older, but given we'd keep our first rounder, I'd lean more towards him. Not sure where the cap space would come from for either, though, TBH.

Reinhart is a far better goal scorer and doesnt stink like the edmonton oiler players do

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

I dont really want to pay a big cost for Reinhart or sign Nuge tbh. Neither is really the player we need.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont really want to pay a big cost for Reinhart or sign Nuge tbh. Neither is really the player we need.

How is reinhart not what this team needs? Horvat with Reinhart would be a wonderful thing while pearson goes to the 3rd line like he should.

I disagree I think Reinhart could be great playing alongside Bo. Finally gives him a legit top 6 player to play on his wing.

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Reinhart

Pearson UFA Podkolzin 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

How is reinhart not what this team needs? Horvat with Reinhart would be a wonderful thing while pearson goes to the 3rd line like he should.

He is not really a great skater and is pretty terrible as a C. As a top 6 RW with Horvat he would be decent, but not at his soon to be cap hit.

Re-signing Pearson took up a lot of the cap they would have had to upgrade the top 6 with Reinhart unfortunately.

Pearson without Horvat has very underwhelming numbers. And no way Podz and Hoglander should be strictly bottom 6 guys for 3 more years waiting that contract out.

Should have used Pearson as part of a package for Reinhart or another top 6 guy.

6 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Reinhart is a far better goal scorer and doesnt stink like the edmonton oiler players do

I was bored so decided to look their last 3 years PPG, FWIW:

Nuge 0.84, 0.94, 0.67

Reinhart 0.79, 0.72, 0.74

I think they are honestly pretty close, if you can get over the Oil hate... he's a BC boy, too.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I disagree I think Reinhart could be great playing alongside Bo. Finally gives him a legit top 6 player to play on his wing.

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson UFA Podkolzin 

Paying Pearson 3.25 mil for 3 years pretty much demands he play with Horvat. Take a look at his numbers with and without Horvat. For all the BS we get told how Horvat needs Pearson, the numbers tell us the opposite is actually true. Pearson is brutal without Horvat.

And having both Pearson and Reinhart in the top 6 means Hoglander and Podkolzin are strictly bottom 6 for their ELC contracts which defeats the purpose and stunts their ability to contribute.

Just now, ‹(•¿•)› said:

I was bored so decided to look their last 3 years PPG, FWIW:

Nuge 0.84, 0.94, 0.67

Reinhart 0.79, 0.72, 0.74

I think they are honestly pretty close, if you can get over the Oil hate... he's a BC boy, too.

I cant, sorry bro im on the no nuge camp for life lol

6 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

We would be so set upfront if we could get reinhart and get kerfoot from toronto as well like it is speculated

Miller pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Reinhart

Hoglander Kerfoot Podkolzin

That is a sick top 9

That is a friggen great top 9

Edited by Bertuzzipunch

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Paying Pearson 3.25 mil for 3 years pretty much demands he play with Horvat. Take a look at his numbers with and without Horvat. For all the BS we get told how Horvat needs Pearson, the numbers tell us the opposite is actually true. Pearson is brutal without Horvat.

And having both Pearson and Reinhart in the top 6 means Hoglander and Podkolzin are strictly bottom 6 for their ELC contracts which defeats the purpose and stunts their ability to contribute.

Well it all depends who we fill the third line center slot with. Obviously Pearson is gonna be brutal away from Horvat if he’s playing with Sutter as his center.

Pearson at 3.25 actually puts him more in line with being a third liner. Put Hoglander on the second line with Bo and Pearson on the third line with Podkolzin.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Well it all depends who we fill the third line center slot with. Obviously Pearson is gonna be brutal away from Horvat if he’s playing with Sutter as his center.

Pearson at 3.25 actually puts him more in line with being a third liner. Put Hoglander on the second line with Bo and Pearson on the third line with Podkolzin.

How do you afford a top 3rd line center if adding Reinhart though?

How do you afford a top 3rd line center if adding Reinhart though?

Well we don’t know what kind of cap is cleared out or what Petey and Hughes contracts look like so we’ll know after that.

But we could easily target one through trade on the cheap. Appleton is just one option off the top of my head.

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson UFA Podkolzin 

Lind.

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah we can work on that next offseason no?

Would be better to sign only 1 year placeholders this offseason, trade them at the deadline, and use those assets and cap space to acquire and sign the right guys to really revamp both F and D next summer. 

Maybe you get Reinhart on a good deal as a UFA.