The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Been listening to 650 and they had Paul Hamilton (Sabres Reporter) on.  He's been reporting on the team for 40 years and said Reinhart's in his top 5 for miserable players.  Says he can't comment to what he's like in the room (COVID, etc.) but that he's miserable with others - media, training and other staff, etc.

No thanks...don't need anyone with a bad attitude.  I mean, at least JT takes his out on the ice and it's usually not directed at his own team.

Yeah, don't want to poison what seems to be a great locker room. That said, from what I've heard from others who dealt with him, Kesler was pretty bad when he was here.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

I read a day ago that the Kings were looking into Reinhart and their 8oa pick was up for grabs. Sam may get his wish to be out west but further south.

As nice as having Sam would be I'd rather wait and see which prospect is available at 9, if Clarke is there rather draft him than trade him for Sam. 

Also rumour is Sakic may not have the money for Gabe Landeskog and may hope that he doesn't want to move and try to get him under 6mil on a longer term deal ie: 5 or 6 years. If he gets to FA I'd rather give the 6 mil to Gabe than Sam but that's just me.

Th rumour I heard is that the Kings were kicking tires on Eichel as well. Maybe the Sabres should be renamed to the Sale-rs. Ok, I'll stop now...

2 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Yeah, don't want to poison what seems to be a great locker room. That said, from what I've heard from others who dealt with him, Kesler was pretty bad when he was here.

Kesler was bad when he didn't get traded, but I don't remember Kesler being an A-hole to the media before that though.

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

Kesler was bad when he didn't get traded, but I don't remember Kesler being an A-hole to the media before that though.

He was an asshole to my brother when my brother net him at some card show in kelsers rookie season. Lol i always liked kes after that my brother is very unlikable haha

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Miller was a smart add(for a 1st), as he was already signed cheap.

This guy's an RFA, looking for cabbage.

Something like:

Van 1st, OJ, Roussel

Buff: Rhino & a 2nd

After the Hall-charity. They take this or leave it..don't care

Id be okay with that

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Oh, even prior to being traded, he can be rude with the media depending on his mood. And he can be very, very rude even with regular Canucks fans who just happen to see him and happily greet him. As a disclaimer, I've never met Kesler myself, and I like him as a player. With regards to what I heard on the Canucks fans part, a friend who is as nice as one can get said that the other Canucks' players were pretty nice, but Kesler was just downright rude.

Edited by vinny_in_vancouver

20 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Th rumour I heard is that the Kings were kicking tires on Eichel as well. Maybe the Sabres should be renamed to the Sale-rs. Ok, I'll stop now...

They were, from what I've read they have backed off as the cost for Eichel was too much and now have turned their attention to Reinhart. It may be 8oa for Sam.

1 hour ago, Scottydzik said:

Well if schiemdt and Myers can’t play d one needs be left exposed

schmidt can play D, he was on the fist pairing in vegas, he had a sh1t year like everyone else on the canucks, dunno why people think he's terrible.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, philtbc829 said:

Saw in the province....

https://theprovince.com/sports/canucks-why-theres-buzz-to-deal-ninth-overall-pick-for-sam-reinhart

Initial reaction was NO FRICKING WAY ...that is a no deal!...but after reading the article...it gave me pause....

likely hood of it happening....slim....but on second thought it would be nice...

No fricking way. Why would you give up the 9th overall for the same player you could get in free agency. Reinhart is no different than Hopkins. They both will be in the same $$$ range. Just no. 

20 minutes ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

I read a day ago that the Kings were looking into Reinhart and their 8oa pick was up for grabs. Sam may get his wish to be out west but further south.

As nice as having Sam would be I'd rather wait and see which prospect is available at 9, if Clarke is there rather draft him than trade him for Sam. 

Also rumour is Sakic may not have the money for Gabe Landeskog and may hope that he doesn't want to move and try to get him under 6mil on a longer term deal ie: 5 or 6 years. If he gets to FA I'd rather give the 6 mil to Gabe than Sam but that's just me.

I don't think Gabe finally reaches UFA and then settles for what would be pretty much the same salary for 6 more years.  He's an essential part of his team: physical, pt a game and beastly during the playoffs.  I can see a team with a lot of salary cap available that is on the threshold of making the playoffs (Rangers) paying him in the 8M range.  He's the kind of player that can lead a young team.

If he is that loyal to the Avalanche, he probably takes a short term at the 6m tag. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Led the Sabres in goals and pts, but had the team's second worst +/-  (-28)

Would he or Bo be the 3rd line C?

so funny people dont care about this stats and cares sooo soo much on hughes plus minus??  unbelievable.... remember phil housley. we can compare him to as close to our hughes. 4th highest point getter behand Bourque, Coffey and Macinnis.  IF hughes is as good as housley iam stocked 

17 minutes ago, SirCosmoDuffGordon said:

No fricking way. Why would you give up the 9th overall for the same player you could get in free agency. Reinhart is no different than Hopkins. They both will be in the same $$$ range. Just no. 

What I’m thinking….  Just get RNH and keep the damn 1st…. Or wait a year for a slew of new UFAs and a tonne of cap space.

Edited by 70seven
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 70seven said:

What I’m thinking….  Just get RNH and keep the damn 1st…. Or wait a year for a slew of new UFAs and a tonne of cap space.

Reinhart is a much better fit than RNH. You’d have to commit to too much term for a player that’s 28 vs one that’s 25.

Counting on a bunch of UFAs that may not even reach free agency isn’t a great strategy either.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Been listening to 650 and they had Paul Hamilton (Sabres Reporter) on.  He's been reporting on the team for 40 years and said Reinhart's in his top 5 for miserable players.  Says he can't comment to what he's like in the room (COVID, etc.) but that he's miserable with others - media, training and other staff, etc.

No thanks...don't need anyone with a bad attitude.  I mean, at least JT takes his out on the ice and it's usually not directed at his own team.

Yeah, if this reflects his general attitude I'm back peddling as quick as I can...no thanks.

2 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Yeah, if this reflects his general attitude I'm back peddling as quick as I can...no thanks.

Funny how this conveniently comes out after he requests a trade.

Just like Vancouver fans and media trashing players character after they leave.

I would take this with a huge grain of salt.

• Cheers 1