The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Podkolzin will likely be a third liner for a couple seasons.

Reinhart is a legit top 6. Something Bo has needed on his wing for a long time.

Meh I just don’t think Sam is the answer. Risto would have a bigger impact IMO. Bigger hole to fill on Defense.

2 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Meh I just don’t think Sam is the answer. Risto would have a bigger impact IMO. Bigger hole to fill on Defense.

risto sucks too

at least reinhart is a good player. just don’t think he’s a good target

Edited by Tom Sestito
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Well you complain about Reinharts defensive game but that’s the knock on Ristolainen, and he’s a defenseman.

I agree if we’re going to trade the 9th then a defenseman is the much bigger need. But Ristolainen is definitely not the answer there.

If we’re trading the 9th it has to be for an impact player like Jones. Or for a bit cheaper someone like Parayko or Cernak.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Funny how this conveniently comes out after he requests a trade.

Just like Vancouver fans and media trashing players character after they leave.

I would take this with a huge grain of salt.

You should probably listen to the interview, it really didn't come across as BS. Paul Hamilton began the interview speaking very coplimentarily of Reinhart's on ice play. He said he thought that getting Reinhart for the 9th OA pick would be really good value for the canucks. It was only when asked a direct question about his character that he said the thing about top 5 hardest to deal with playersin 40 years. He said he had seen Reinhart treat not just media, but members of the team staff extremely rudely and disrespectfully. It was enough to raise some serious red flags for me. We really don't want to give up prime draft capitol for a locker room cancer.

9 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

You should probably listen to the interview, it really didn't come across as BS. Paul Hamilton began the interview speaking very coplimentarily of Reinhart's on ice play. He said he thought that getting Reinhart for the 9th OA pick would be really good value for the canucks. It was only when asked a direct question about his character that he said the thing about top 5 hardest to deal with playersin 40 years. He said he had seen Reinhart treat not just media, but members of the team staff extremely rudely and disrespectfully. It was enough to raise some serious red flags for me. We really don't want to give up prime draft capitol for a locker room cancer.

Media can be petty and vindictive just like fans.

Im not gonna pretend to know what his motivation was for putting that out there.

I do know we have our own parasite media in this town that love to stir up controversy.

Im willing to bet that Benning and co can do their own intel and get the full picture of Reinhart though.

It'll be like the Tyson Barrie trade that was supposed to happen at the draft back in '19; all the hype was in one direction and the trade ended up being for someone else. I could see the pick being traded, but for a player no one sees coming.

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Miller was a smart add(for a 1st), as he was already signed cheap.

This guy's an RFA, looking for cabbage.

Something like:

Van 1st, OJ, Roussel

Buff: Rhino & a 2nd

After the Hall-charity. They take this or leave it..don't care

Did you miss a piece in this deal? Our 9th and former 5th about to break into the league for Risto and a 2nd? Bit much, no?

5 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Whatever happened to "hard to play against?"

I’m more worried about scoring goals and making the playoffs.

The hard to play against has to be a team philosophy, it’s never going to be fixed with one player.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Well you complain about Reinharts defensive game but that’s the knock on Ristolainen, and he’s a defenseman.

I agree if we’re going to trade the 9th then a defenseman is the much bigger need. But Ristolainen is definitely not the answer there.

If we’re trading the 9th it has to be for an impact player like Jones. Or for a bit cheaper someone like Parayko or Cernak.

Okay obviously Jones, Parayko would be okay at better for the 9OA. But realistically Risto as a 3rd D without the huge matchups he’s currently being used for, seems like good value. Honestly his +/- is not that bad after considering matchups and d partners. As a solid 3rd D he would look really good. IMO

But I agree I would like to catch a bigger name.

Edited by #Canucks

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Reinhart is a much better fit than RNH. You’d have to commit to too much term for a player that’s 28 vs one that’s 25.

Counting on a bunch of UFAs that may not even reach free agency isn’t a great strategy either.

I agree, still I don’t think trading your 1st is ever a good idea 

29 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Did you miss a piece in this deal? Our 9th and former 5th about to break into the league for Risto and a 2nd? Bit much, no?

It's a fair question. Precise value on these things is not something that keeps me awake nights.

Try to see both viewpoints with proposals; but I haven't seen enough of Rhino to throw any bullseyes here.

40 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I agree, still I don’t think trading your 1st is ever a good idea 

It’s a good idea if you believe you’re going to be a much better team next season.

Like with the Miller trade you trade a 20th pick for him all day long.

Hopefully if we’re gonna trade a 1st it’s the 2022 1st and is lotto protected.