The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

5 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Well if schiemdt and Myers can’t play d one needs be left exposed

If I had to expose one, then it’d be Myers at 6 million. And if Seattle takes him, then that frees up 6 million. 

38 minutes ago, BlackRedYellow said:

IF... we would get SR... 

Why do you all keep Miller on the first line!?

Clearly I’d rather do this:

Hogs - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - SR

Motte - Miller - Podz

That’s what I call a top 9!

Would Miller be better as a winger than a centreman? Reinhart plays more centre than Miller. 

Would switch Miller and Reinhart. 

Our options are make the pick at 9, hope for a player of Reinhart's capabilities and most likely wait 2-3 years for development

OR 

Buck up and make a deal for Reinhart to solidify our top 6. He is in the right age range, development stage to go forward with our core of Pete, Boeser, Bo, Hughes, Demko, Miller & potentially Hogs/Podz.

As long as Buffalo takes Loui, I say give up the 1st. I think it would be a wise move for us, if we could lock Reinhart up for 4-5 years at 5.5 per. 

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Would Miller be better as a winger than a centreman? Reinhart plays more centre than Miller. 

Would switch Miller and Reinhart. 

I loved Miller at the centre this passed season. But, yeah, they could easily switch... Either way, it would give us three really good lines. And I think by doing that, we’d get a really good fourth line too.

Also, everyone is screaming for better D’s... but I believe with better forwards, we’d play more in the offensive zone which will make it easier on our D’s. Of course they will make mistakes when they’re playing the whole game in our end. 

13 minutes ago, BlackRedYellow said:

I loved Miller at the centre this passed season. But, yeah, they could easily switch... Either way, it would give us three really good lines. And I think by doing that, we’d get a really good fourth line too.

Also, everyone is screaming for better D’s... but I believe with better forwards, we’d play more in the offensive zone which will make it easier on our D’s. Of course they will make mistakes when they’re playing the whole game in our end. 

I’m just worried about the cap, and how much Reinhart’s going to want. Sure he wants to come back to the West Coast. Doesn’t mean he’ll take a discount to play out West. He still wants to get paid. He’s probably going to cost anywhere from 5.5 to 6 million at least. Benning also needs to focus on stocking the prospects cupboard since that’s getting pretty thin. If we can get McTavish with that 9th selection, or Guenther, I’d keep the pick. I think McTavish might be able to break onto the team this upcoming season even, Geunther probably like some have said here, need another season or two of development. No worries. Sign some UFA’s next season, and we make a run at playoffs the next season. Let the prospects stew and develop, and when they’re ready to earn a spot, they’ll take it. 

26 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Our options are make the pick at 9, hope for a player of Reinhart's capabilities and most likely wait 2-3 years for development

OR 

Buck up and make a deal for Reinhart to solidify our top 6. He is in the right age range, development stage to go forward with our core of Pete, Boeser, Bo, Hughes, Demko, Miller & potentially Hogs/Podz.

As long as Buffalo takes Loui, I say give up the 1st. I think it would be a wise move for us, if we could lock Reinhart up for 4-5 years at 5.5 per. 

That’s a great forward group. What about our D? 

6 hours ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

I read a day ago that the Kings were looking into Reinhart and their 8oa pick was up for grabs. Sam may get his wish to be out west but further south.

As nice as having Sam would be I'd rather wait and see which prospect is available at 9, if Clarke is there rather draft him than trade him for Sam. 

Also rumour is Sakic may not have the money for Gabe Landeskog and may hope that he doesn't want to move and try to get him under 6mil on a longer term deal ie: 5 or 6 years. If he gets to FA I'd rather give the 6 mil to Gabe than Sam but that's just me.

How can the Canucks afford 6M for a player like Landeskog given their cap situation? Believe me, Sakic will be able to move out some cap to get Landeskog re- signed. No doubt about it. Landeskog is the top priority for the AV's. They will get it done.

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I’m just worried about the cap, and how much Reinhart’s going to want. Sure he wants to come back to the West Coast. Doesn’t mean he’ll take a discount to play out West. He still wants to get paid. He’s probably going to cost anywhere from 5.5 to 6 million at least. Benning also needs to focus on stocking the prospects cupboard since that’s getting pretty thin. If we can get McTavish with that 9th selection, or Guenther, I’d keep the pick. I think McTavish might be able to break onto the team this upcoming season even, Geunther probably like some have said here, need another season or two of development. No worries. Sign some UFA’s next season, and we make a run at playoffs the next season. Let the prospects stew and develop, and when they’re ready to earn a spot, they’ll take it. 

no way. He played in the second tier league in Switzerland last season which is pretty low level. Even Clarke played at a higher level in Slovakia in the top league than McTavish.

I agree that he already has the frame, the physicality and the shot to play in the NHL but I doubt that he is ready for the pace of the game in the NHL. I think most likely he will need another season either in Switzerland's top league or in the AHL before he will crack the Canucks roster.

11 hours ago, rekker said:

Fair enough. If JB is going to dangle that ninth for SR I really hope he is dangling it for a top dman. Really, we need a top dman more than another winger. 

Maybe we would be better off with Risto than Rhino?

I really like the idea of getting Reinhart. Him with Bo and Hog is a beautiful thing. 

Thats a 2nd line with Jam.

Keep the first line loaded with 6-40-9.

Lots of good options in the bottom 6 for wingers. 

Having 4 players in the top 6 that can take draws is an edge in possession, something we haven’t really had since Hank, Kes, and Manny were throttling teams at the dot. 

8 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's a fair question. Precise value on these things is not something that keeps me awake nights.

Try to see both viewpoints with proposals; but I haven't seen enough of Rhino to throw any bullseyes here.

It just seems like a lot to give up two top 10 picks for Risto and a 2nd. Throw SR to the mix and then you're onto something.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Toffoli....$4.25M x 4  Keep the 9th overall or use it for a RD.

Sick irony isn't it Canuck fans?

tbh I don't get all this fluff over Toffoli, its like he's the 2nd coming of Bure or something. I didn't care for him when he was with LA and the during the cup of coffee he had with us I didn't fall in love with him.

He won't be able to sustain the weird north division production levels when things get back to normal, and we'll have cap space for areas of greater need like 3C or RHD. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

tbh I don't get all this fluff over Toffoli, its like he's the 2nd coming of Bure or something. I didn't care for him when he was with LA and the during the cup of coffee he had with us I didn't fall in love with him.

He won't be able to sustain the weird north division production levels when things get back to normal, and we'll have cap space for areas of greater need like 3C or RHD. 

But this thread is about acquiring SR, which would likely cost the #9 pick, 5.5-6M cap, resulting in less cap hit for those areas of need.

22 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

But this thread is about acquiring SR, which would likely cost the #9 pick, 5.5-6M cap, resulting in less cap hit for those areas of need.

SR is almost 5 years younger and a better goal scorer.... if you're going to spend the cap on someone you'd want to go SR over Toffoli wouldn't you? 

Also, how long are we going to play the "could have had Toffoli" game? rentals come and go. 

I'd prefer we spend the cap on a RHD upgrade but if Benning is determined to get another F I'd want SR over Toffoli hands down.

Edited by Jimmy McGill

8 hours ago, BlackRedYellow said:

IF... we would get SR... 

Why do you all keep Miller on the first line!?

Clearly I’d rather do this:

Hogs - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - SR

Motte - Miller - Podz

That’s what I call a top 9!

What non playoff team puts a near PPG player on the 3rd line...

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

What non playoff team puts a near PPG player on the 3rd line...

Better question is what team puts a LW in at 3rd line center when his stat metrics show he is incapable of controlling play at the position, think his corsi was low 40 percentile playing center... This Miller for 3rd line center thing needs to die, it was done out of necessity, not out of want

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2