The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

10 hours ago, KKnight said:

Our options are make the pick at 9, hope for a player of Reinhart's capabilities and most likely wait 2-3 years for development

OR 

Buck up and make a deal for Reinhart to solidify our top 6. He is in the right age range, development stage to go forward with our core of Pete, Boeser, Bo, Hughes, Demko, Miller & potentially Hogs/Podz.

As long as Buffalo takes Loui, I say give up the 1st. I think it would be a wise move for us, if we could lock Reinhart up for 4-5 years at 5.5 per. 

I would make the deal for Reinhart for our 9th OA, wouldn't even thing twice about it.

There isn't a single player in the top 10 of this years draft, who is proven to be able to perform at a high level in the NHL. Reinhart is.

If there's a deal to be made where they take back Loui and let him run out his contract, I'd be happy to throw them an additional pick, maybe a 3rd rounder, in next years draft.

• Hydration 3
10 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I would make the deal for Reinhart for our 9th OA, wouldn't even thing twice about it.

There isn't a single player in the top 10 of this years draft, who is proven to be able to perform at a high level in the NHL. Reinhart is.

If there's a deal to be made where they take back Loui and let him run out his contract, I'd be happy to throw them an additional pick, maybe a 3rd rounder, in next years draft.

Loui has to be part of it if they want the 9th. We just dont have the cap otherwise.

Id love to see OJ and a 2nd but no way they take the lowball.

• Hydration 1
12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Loui has to be part of it if they want the 9th. We just dont have the cap otherwise.

Doesn't Loui have a limited no trade clause?

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Not with Reinhart, they will want a 1st back.

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Not with Reinhart, they will want a 1st back.

For sure. 9th and Loui for SR would be great for us.

I really want to see us get an extra 2nd round pick - theres a few good RHDs there.

• Hydration 2

Cannot help but wonder if our 2nd, LE and Mikey would be enough since they are going to be thin in the crease with Hutton and Ullmark being UFAs and Luukonnen still growing in his game. Give Mikey one more year in the AHL while seeing what UPL can do in a full season. They are getting thin in their tendy prospect pool. Would also allow us to keep our 9OA while improving our top-6 now.  

I liked this rumour (that actually has some serious merit to it) before the media took it and ran. Now all I see are the Dunning Krueger types on facebook commenting on articles about it and making direct comparisons to Toffoli. Doesn't make it as fun anymore. :(

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
12 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

How can the Canucks afford 6M for a player like Landeskog given their cap situation? Believe me, Sakic will be able to move out some cap to get Landeskog re- signed. No doubt about it. Landeskog is the top priority for the AV's. They will get it done.

I'm sure they will get it done by hook or by crook. It's just a rumour about them possibly playing hardball to try and keep his cost down to allow them to keep as many players and team intact, especially since Makar will need a new contract in the same range or slightly higher than Landy. Whether he gets to UFA or if it's another higher end player that may be in the 5.5 to 7 mil contract I'm confident that the Canucks can move some cap to be allowed a chance at a player in that range. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I do think if they deal the 9oa, it's for a young top 4 dman and not Reinhart

Saw this proposal on Twitter a few minutes ago and thought it'd be interesting to see what people on CDC thought of it.

To Buffalo:

Schmidt

Eriksson 

2021 1st, 9OA

To Vancouver:

Reinhart

Ristolainen

Technically, the logistics work out and I'm not saying I think Buffalo would do it. I just thought it was one of the more interesting proposals in the Reinhart for 9th OA rumor mill.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
3 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Saw this proposal on Twitter a few minutes ago and thought it'd be interesting to see what people on CDC thought of it.

To Buffalo:

Schmidt

Eriksson 

2021 1st, 9OA

To Vancouver:

Reinhart

Ristolainen

Technically, the logistics work out and I'm not saying I think Buffalo would do it. I just thought it was one of the more interesting proposals in the Reinhart for 9th OA rumor mill.

Everyone is circling around similar possibly deals.

They all have merit.  I don’t know that moving Eriksson is in the cards without giving up significantly more.

Moving fairly equivalent salary in Roussel and Beagle could be more palatable as they are still actual NHL players.

I could also see Buffalo being interested in DiPietro.

• Hydration 1
7 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

To Buffalo:

Schmidt

Eriksson 

2021 1st, 9OA

To Vancouver:

Reinhart

Ristolainen

Well id take that in a heartbeat. Pretty much up for anything to get rid of that erikkson AAV for players that can actually help the team instead of waiting a year but doubt schmidt would wanna go to buffalo.

edit; If not risto id be all for colin miller coming over with reinhart instead.

Edited by Bertuzzipunch
2 hours ago, stawns said:

I do think if they deal the 9oa, it's for a young top 4 dman and not Reinhart

That would be nice, would love Cernak to partner with Hughes myself Vs. trading 9th for Reinhart

12 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

To Buffalo:

Schmidt

Eriksson 

2021 1st, 9OA

To Vancouver:

Reinhart

Ristolainen

I would do that as it is but we’d definitely  have to add.