The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

14 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

What about Schmidt + our 1st for Reinhart.  Our first will be potentially a really good pick/prospect, but won't fit our timeline once they are likely ready and effective.  Schmidt seems replaceable with enough good lower cost options on D.  If we bring back Hamonic and Edler, plus Joulevi and Rathbone are ready for reps it's not a major loss.  We could do something like the following at 5-5:

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Lind Miller Reinhart

Pearson Horvat Podkolzin

Motte Graovac MacEwen

Hughes Hamonic

Joulevi Myers

Edler Rathbone

Gives us three deadly lines and our D opens some room for Joulevi and Rathbone to be regulars.

I'm not willing to give up our first this year.

• Cheers 4

Trading our first would be a huge disappointment for me. I think it would take a first.

Stay the course, add depth where we can. Continue to develop youth. 

Wanna make a splash do it next year when we actually have legit cap space 

• Upvote 1

To BUF

Dipietro

OJ

Lind

McDonaugh

2021 1st

Roussel 

Beagle - may just be ltir money 

To VAN

Reinhart

Ristoleinen

Miller Petey Boesser

Rienhart Bo Hogz

pearson 3C Podz

Motte Sutter Gadjo/Lockwood 

Hughes Risto

Edler Schmidt

Rathbone Hamonic

myers to SEA

• RoughGame 2

Unless reinhart makes it clear it’s VANCOUVER or no where then we can’t run with bulls in a bidding war.

we don’t have a plentiful of assets to move for him

BUT 

To buf: roussel, Rathbone, Lind, 1st round pick 2022 

to van: reinhart (extension in place 6.5m/6yrs)

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I'm not willing to give up our first this year.

It’s definitely a tough one and will rely on our overall strategy which is fairly unknown.  It’s likely that a first round talent in our range will top out at a Reinhart level.  It’s all about timing for when we want to compete.

To me i rather presuppose an offersheet do 1x6.5 Forces buffalos hand as he'd walk in free agenacy which this contract does, next year would could sign him to a deal anywhere from 6.5/7 for a quite a few years while having the cap space to do so as Eriksson Roussel and Beagle all come off the books next year, we lose next years first and 3rd (tho we don't have a 3rd next year shouldn't be to hard require) i think that would be the smartest play to aquire him as that would be the smallets assients need to be given up 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Reinhart is an RFA in the summer. He’ll want over $6 million and will probably only sign a one year deal to take him to UFA in 2022. 

Why trade major assets for him now when you can get him for free in a year?

We’ll have some good cap space in 2022. And their will be many top end UFA’s available. I’d throw all my money at Seth Jones. That’s the player we need to take us to the next level. A prime 25 minute guy to partner Hughes. 

Totally agree with this. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pears said:

I’d be open to a package starting with Lind/DiPietro+Juolevi. Guarantee you it’ll take more, but getting Reinhart would be awesome. 

BUF

Virtanen

Lind

DiPietro

VAN

Reinhardt

Edited by Me_

2 hours ago, billabong said:

Unless reinhart makes it clear it’s VANCOUVER or no where then we can’t run with bulls in a bidding war.

we don’t have a plentiful of assets to move for him

BUT 

To buf: roussel, Rathbone, Lind, 1st round pick 2022 

to van: reinhart (extension in place 6.5m/6yrs)

If other teams get in a bidding war, Canucks would have to bow out. 

If Vancouver is the only option, your proposal is reasonable.   I would do that in a heartbeat.  Sucks to lose Rathbone and Lind but ya gotta give to get.

1 hour ago, CanucksCountry said:

To me i rather presuppose an offersheet do 1x6.5 Forces buffalos hand as he'd walk in free agenacy which this contract does, next year would could sign him to a deal anywhere from 6.5/7 for a quite a few years while having the cap space to do so as Eriksson Roussel and Beagle all come off the books next year, we lose next years first and 3rd (tho we don't have a 3rd next year shouldn't be to hard require) i think that would be the smartest play to aquire him as that would be the smallets assients need to be given up 

Don't think JB has the stones do make an offer sheet.  Also would require (I think) Canucks making a trade with Vegas to get their own 3rd 2022 back.  To make the offer sheet possible. 

23 minutes ago, Me_ said:

BUF

Virtanen

Lind

DiPietro

VAN

Reinhardt

I don't think that Lind does anything for them to be honest.  

Virtanen 

DiPietro 

1st round pick 2021 

for 

Reinhart 

Sabres' 2nd round pick 2021 (probably 35th overall) 

Sabres' 3rd round pick 2021 

That probably gets it done IMO. Sabres have a lot of picks in this draft and would probably love to nab the 7th or 8th overall pick.  Reinhart isn't cheap, so I don't see his value as being that of a regular 25 goal scorer on a cheap contract. 

I don't think that we'll be able to pull this deal of but it was interesting to listen to that interview with the Sabres' insider guy that specifically mentioned Vancouver as Sam's preferred destination.