The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

On 6/21/2021 at 4:45 PM, hateleafs said:

the question is what the ceiling is for the player that’s available at 9. Could he be better the Reinhardt?  This years draft sounds like not to deep. Maybe Mctavish or Johnson ceiling is like Reinhardts ceiling. I would just wait to trade to see if D is available 

The real, real question is will the 9th over all pick be able to help the Canucks now or do we need to wait a few years and keep our fingers crossed. Or we can move the pick along with Dipetro and get a bonafide top 6 player that will help us now and for years to come. This is an absolute no brainer if you want to build a championship team.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Because if JB cant show miller and horvat that hes serious about winning now whats the point of either of them staying thats why. Go trade em both and get a boatload of picks so  when petey is 26-27 we can actually have a bunch of pieces ready to go instead of wasting miller and horvats time with patch jobs. 

It might come down to trading them eventually but not now. The next 2 years has to show serious improvements or there will be changes. I think that happens with most teams. 

As long as the ask isn't too high, I would think JB would trade the #9 pick for Reinhart (or someone else).  His goal this offseason is to be aggressive and get back to the playoffs.

• 5 weeks later...

Rumour has it that the Sabres want a young NHL ready player for Reinhart.

Seems like the 9th overall isn’t what they’re looking for. Probably asking for Hoglander in a deal.

Thats a pass for me.

• Hydration 2
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Seems like the 9th overall isn’t what they’re looking for. Probably asking for Hoglander in a deal.

Thats a pass for me.

OJ or Rathbone + 2nd?  

I'd probably do that trade.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Thats a pass for me.

Agreed. Hoglander is already part of the solution in the top 6. Sky is the limit for him imo. Kid had an amazing rookie season and only 20 Years old. Probably not far behind in Reinhart type production anyway 

• Hydration 2

There's no sense in paying for Reinhart. We are trying to make the playoffs, not win the Stanley Cup. Let other teams overpay for their reach. We are doing just fine right now. We will compete very very soon.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Buffalo likely wouldn’t though.

Maybe.

BUF is a disaster organization.  The culture of losing is getting to their players.  They need to change it from the top down.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

9th OA should be more than enough. Vancouver is probably trying to dump a contract with it too.

If we could dump LE's contract it would be worth it.

Reinhart is in RFA. Wonder what he's asking for?

They likely value him like we value Boeser.

Would you trade Boeser for 9th overall + scraps/dumps?

Answer is an easy no from me and likely is from Buffalo.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Exactly right. They wouldn't do the deal. He's worth more than that. I'd say assets that value at 2x 1st round picks. So a 1st rounder + a top tier prospect (I don't think we necessarily have one of those right now). 

• Like 1

Depends. If the player wants out and they are rebuilding with younger players then you might.

The 9th overall is a valuable asset and will be a good player no matter how the draft cards fall.

Agreed. I don't think the trade is a fit for Buffalo-Vancouver. The pieces they'd want in return are valued higher by us than Reinhart is. Hoglander + 1st is a non-starter for me. Hog has two more ELC years and is a productive player on his own, no way is it worth a 9th OA to upgrade from Hoglander to Reinhart. Nevermind the increase in cap hit

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Exactly right. They wouldn't do the deal. He's worth more than that. I'd say assets that value at 2x 1st round picks. So a 1st rounder + a top tier prospect (I don't think we necessarily have one of those right now). 

Oh we have them (Podz and Hogs), we just won’t be giving them up in this deal (I hope)

Just now, Amebushi said:

Oh we have them (Podz and Hogs), we just won’t be giving them up in this deal (I hope)

Haha yeah I guess podz would qualify. Hogs is a roster player for us so I'd say hes prob valued at a bit more than a top tier prospect, but thats just my opinion

So realistically the fair deal would be: Podz + 9th OA for Reinhardt..

Rather take our chances in the draft and have a great player that can produce for us on an ELC in a couple years time. 

• Hydration 2