The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I don't think that Lind does anything for them to be honest.  

Virtanen 

DiPietro 

1st round pick 2021 

for 

Reinhart 

Sabres' 2nd round pick 2021 (probably 35th overall) 

Sabres' 3rd round pick 2021 

That probably gets it done IMO. Sabres have a lot of picks in this draft and would probably love to nab the 7th or 8th overall pick.  Reinhart isn't cheap, so I don't see his value as being that of a regular 25 goal scorer on a cheap contract. 

I don't think that we'll be able to pull this deal of but it was interesting to listen to that interview with the Sabres' insider guy that specifically mentioned Vancouver as Sam's preferred destination. 

Don't think BUF would want to give away their picks if they are rebuilding. 

Virtanen

DiPietro 

1st 2021

For 

Reinhart 

I'd do that trade no problem.  JV is a distraction and most likely lost his spot on the roster.  DiPietro is never going to be a starter with Demko here. And the 1st isn't likely to make an impact in the next couple of years.

• Cheers 1

Top line minutes.

Top line time.

Top PK mins

Against a mediocre division at best.  Even on a bad team

He's a 52.3  point per season player....

What do I see for that?

a top 10 or better 1st, solid prospect, roster player MAKE THE TRADE

WTF people....

He's a gamer sure, but he's not worth the valuations people keep throwing out especially when his contract is up at the end of 2021

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/sam-reinhart

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Top line minutes.

Top line time.

Top PK mins

Against a mediocre division at best.  Even on a bad team

He's a 52.3  point per season player....

What do I see for that?

a top 10 or better 1st, solid prospect, roster player MAKE THE TRADE

WTF people....

He's a gamer sure, but he's not worth the valuations people keep throwing out especially when his contract is up at the end of 2021 and he's still an RFA

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/sam-reinhart

13 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Why trade for him? We could have just had toffoli

that reminds me of the old V8 commercials. "ugh I could have had a Toffoli" - it works the same way. 

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Reinhart is an RFA in the summer. He’ll want over $6 million and will probably only sign a one year deal to take him to UFA in 2022. 

Why trade major assets for him now when you can get him for free in a year?

We’ll have some good cap space in 2022. And their will be many top end UFA’s available. I’d throw all my money at Seth Jones. That’s the player we need to take us to the next level. A prime 25 minute guy to partner Hughes. 

thank you John Tortorella.

no one quite lubricates the movement of prime assets the way he does.

I'd add Jenner to your target.  He also expires in a year - would also be a great fit here.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

OJ looks like he will be solid once we get a decent coach in there; I liked what I saw.  Grab Edvinsson in the draft and that's a really solid left side going forward.  I'd be pretty open to including Rathbone for a guy like Reinhart, who has great hockey sense and previous chemistry with Bo.

It would be centred around Rathbone I'd think.  Buffalo could use a quick, dynamic dman on their backend and he's a bit reduntant with QH filling that "small, quick, skilled" role already.  It's possible Buffalo might want OJ, but I think Rathbone would be their choice.  That said, I don't think it's really a trade that works for Van.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

What about Schmidt + our 1st for Reinhart.  Our first will be potentially a really good pick/prospect, but won't fit our timeline once they are likely ready and effective.  Schmidt seems replaceable with enough good lower cost options on D.  If we bring back Hamonic and Edler, plus Joulevi and Rathbone are ready for reps it's not a major loss.  We could do something like the following at 5-5:

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Lind Miller Reinhart

Pearson Horvat Podkolzin

Motte Graovac MacEwen

Hughes Hamonic

Joulevi Myers

Edler Rathbone

Gives us three deadly lines and our D opens some room for Joulevi and Rathbone to be regulars.

If they want a guaranteed top 10 pick to add to their likely FOA, then they should giving up Reinhart straight up, or even add.  A top 10 pick is gold

Let’s understand that Buffalo has absolutely no leverage in anything regarding hockey transactions involving actual legitimate NHL teams.

They may cash in on Eichel, but that’s about it. Anyone else can probably be had for lower than buyer’s market price.

That team is a joke, most of their players are a joke, and the joke’s on them.

They are beyond mediocre and anything in return for any of their players is helping them out of a hole they can’t even get out of.

I would say they are the new bottom feeder Edmonton Oilers, but they’re even worse than that; they are the Buffalo Sabres.

Edited by Me_

7 hours ago, canuktravella said:

we need to shed as much cap as possible  id try unloading Pearson and Virtanen and Rafferty for  Reinhart and a 3rd

Hope Eriksson retires and Roussel gets bought out and kraken pick Holtby or Beagle

I like that. I think Buffalo goes for Pearson, Virtanen, Rafferty.

Forget the third.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Let’s understand that Buffalo has absolutely no leverage in anything regarding hockey transactions involving other legitimate NHL teams.

They may cash in on Eichel, but that’s about it. Anyone else can probably be had for buyer’s market price.

That team is a joke, most of their players are a joke, and the joke’s on them.

They are beyond mediocre and anything in return for any of their players is helping them out of a hole they can’t even get out of.

I would say they are the new bottom feeder Edmonton Oilers, but they’re even worse than that; they are the Buffalo Sabres.

Yeah Buffalo wouldn't be trading from a position of power at all.  

One thing that people shouldn't discount is that his 25 goals this year would've prorated to 37 goals in an 82 season.  I can't remember the last time that a Canuck scored more then 30 in a season, maybe Daniel or Henrik 10 years ago?  

In any case I'm personally not in favour of this deal unless we are able to unload one more of our bottom 6 contracts.  2021 draft class doesn't excite me that much and getting a couple of lottery tickets in 2nd and 3rd rounds in exchange for our top 10 pick would be okay with me if they also take Roussel or Beagle. 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah Buffalo wouldn't be trading from a position of power at all.  

One thing that people shouldn't discount is that his 25 goals this year would've prorated to 37 goals in an 82 season.  I can't remember the last time that a Canuck scored more then 30 in a season, maybe Daniel or Henrik 10 years ago?  

In any case I'm personally not in favour of this deal unless we are able to unload one more of our bottom 6 contracts.  2021 draft class doesn't excite me that much and getting a couple of lottery tickets in 2nd and 3rd rounds in exchange for our top 10 pick would be okay with me if they also take Roussel or Beagle. 

Benning should never give up a 1st round pick every again. The dude is a genius master drafter and will draft a superstar regardless of position.

Unless it’s a Miller-type player deal.

Still wish Toffoli was re-signed...

Edited by Me_

man, gotta feel for buffalo lol, but if we can low ball them for him, they already did terrible trades in the past.

EDIT: has sam been palying C or LW/RW for them?

Edited by TNucks1

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Benning should never give up a 1st round pick every again. The dude is a genius master drafter and will draft a superstar regardless of position.

Unless it’s a Miller-type player deal.

Still wish Toffoli was re-signed...

Me too, Tofu was the only guy that I wanted back.  Even when Calgary was doing great and everybody was shouting that we should've resigned Marky and Tanev.  

You bring up an interesting point...  Miller was traded for a 1st and a 3rd.  Now who's better/has higher value Miller or Reinhart?  I would argue that it's Reinhart.  JT Miller was coming of a 13 goal, 48 point season when he was traded to us.  Neither Tampa nor Buffalo are dealing from a position of power BUT don't forget that there are 29 other NHL teams that would love to have both of those guys, so this whole idea that we can offer a bag of pucks take it or leave it is not realistic. 

Anyways I'll leave it there, but I would prefer for Jim to hold onto his picks as well.  That's his biggest strength.