Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast


Recommended Posts

On 5/12/2021 at 12:59 PM, canuktravella said:

we need to shed as much cap as possible  id try unloading Pearson and Virtanen and Rafferty for  Reinhart and a 3rd

Hope Eriksson retires and Roussel gets bought out and kraken pick Holtby or Beagle

 

You think anyone is taking that crap for Reinhart ?   No one wants Rafferty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

You think anyone is taking that crap for Reinhart ?   No one wants Rafferty.

that max id give  up  for him i dont want him tho we be better with young kids get rid of the $&!#e vets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Bottom line: We HAVE to include Podkolzin IF we trade for Reinhart. That is a TERRIBLE idea. Pass, he can go to Calgary. 

We don’t have to. It’s likely to be one of pieces that would be requested, and there are other routes we could go to make a trade.

 

but I think unless we can fleece them the price will be to high for us 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

We don’t have to. It’s likely to be one of pieces that would be requested, and there are other routes we could go to make a trade.

 

but I think unless we can fleece them the price will be to high for us 

You realize how much better a package that the Sabres can get other than Juolevi, Lind and a 2nd from us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

You realize how much better a package that the Sabres can get other than Juolevi, Lind and a 2nd from us. 

Yes I understand. I’m just saying unless buffalo has come out and said they want Podz then it’s not a have to but a dramatisation by you.

 

we could throw in players like Miller, Schmitt and picks etc and get a deal done, which depending on the sabres view may actually be more tempting. It shows rather then going back into rebuilt they are bringing in good players to play with Eichel et al.

 

However I think with the cap space and needs of other teams out there that we are not likely to be trading with the sabres this off season.

 

I see us looking for more at prising players out for cheap from Tampa and other cap teams like we did with Schmitt 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UKNuck96 said:

Yes I understand. I’m just saying unless buffalo has come out and said they want Podz then it’s not a have to but a dramatisation by you.

 

we could throw in players like Miller, Schmitt and picks etc and get a deal done, which depending on the sabres view may actually be more tempting. It shows rather then going back into rebuilt they are bringing in good players to play with Eichel et al.

 

However I think with the cap space and needs of other teams out there that we are not likely to be trading with the sabres this off season.

 

I see us looking for more at prising players out for cheap from Tampa and other cap teams like we did with Schmitt 

Why trade Miller? He's easily a 2C in the NHL and has been one our top four forwards. Miller is also too old for a rebuilding team in the position that Buffalo is in. Can Reinhart play in as many situations as Miller? What about Schmidt, you really think they'll take a guy we got for a third round pick and give us a former #2 overall pick in exchange . Are you kidding me? 

 

How are we going to poach any of Tampa's players BTW? We don't have any cap space thanks to good ol' JB 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, morrissex95 said:

Why trade Miller? He's easily a 2C in the NHL and has been one our top four forwards. Miller is also too old for a rebuilding team in the position that Buffalo is in. Can Reinhart play in as many situations as Miller? What about Schmidt, you really think they'll take a guy we got for a third round pick and give us a former #2 overall pick in exchange . Are you kidding me? 

 

How are we going to poach any of Tampa's players BTW? We don't have any cap space thanks to good ol' JB 

Miller can be used a trade bait for a few reasons (don’t get me wrong I would prefer him here but if trading him makes the team better then we do it) 

 

1- his value is higher than when we got him from Tampa which would net us a good return

 

 2- he is slightly older than our core and it’s likely that he will phase out just before the new core takes over - so if we can use him to bring in players of a younger age that improve the team it’s worth considering

 

3 - his salary is cost controlled which is value to us but also makes him an attractive trade piece. 

4- for buffalo they have problems with 3 players that want out. They are in a situation where they basically jettison them all and start again, or trade one of them for a good haul. This haul cannot be just picks and prospects and unproven players as they need to satisfy the two they keep that a team if being built around them that is competitive, that’s why Miller is an option here even if his age doesn’t fit. For Buff it’s either blow it up and start again or start tooling up and showing commitment to their potential stars 

 

Also read my post I’m not saying Schmitt for Reinhardt 1-1 you are just getting hyperbolic, he is a good player and your basing his value of a third on last years situation rather than the value he has to other teams.

 

as for prising players out of tampa yes cap here is tight but we are not in such a crunch that we are stuck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Miller can be used a trade bait for a few reasons (don’t get me wrong I would prefer him here but if trading him makes the team better then we do it) 

 

1- his value is higher than when we got him from Tampa which would net us a good return

 

 2- he is slightly older than our core and it’s likely that he will phase out just before the new core takes over - so if we can use him to bring in players of a younger age that improve the team it’s worth considering

 

3 - his salary is cost controlled which is value to us but also makes him an attractive trade piece. 

4- for buffalo they have problems with 3 players that want out. They are in a situation where they basically jettison them all and start again, or trade one of them for a good haul. This haul cannot be just picks and prospects and unproven players as they need to satisfy the two they keep that a team if being built around them that is competitive, that’s why Miller is an option here even if his age doesn’t fit. For Buff it’s either blow it up and start again or start tooling up and showing commitment to their potential stars 

 

Also read my post I’m not saying Schmitt for Reinhardt 1-1 you are just getting hyperbolic, he is a good player and your basing his value of a third on last years situation rather than the value he has to other teams.

 

as for prising players out of tampa yes cap here is tight but we are not in such a crunch that we are stuck. 

You can't just trade everybody because you feel like it 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Why trade Miller? He's easily a 2C in the NHL and has been one our top four forwards. Miller is also too old for a rebuilding team in the position that Buffalo is in. Can Reinhart play in as many situations as Miller? What about Schmidt, you really think they'll take a guy we got for a third round pick and give us a former #2 overall pick in exchange . Are you kidding me? 

 

How are we going to poach any of Tampa's players BTW? We don't have any cap space thanks to good ol' JB 

Schmidt is worth more than a 3rd in a trade. Vegas was trying to clear cap to sign Pietrangelo so took the only offer that didn’t have any cap coming back. They left things to the last second and had to sell Schmidt at bad value to get it done. Also don’t look at former picks as bargaining tools Reinhart is a 50-55 point winger. Otherwise I’d think about trading Virtanen and Juolevi two former 6th and 5th overall players for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

You can't just trade everybody because you feel like it 

Erm where did I say I was trading everyone because I felt like it.

 

I was responding to your post that to get Reinhart we HAVE to trade Podz, I was stating that we don’t have to there are other options and players we could trade. It depends on what buffalo want to do, blow it up and restart in which case it’s picks and prospects, or trade one of the three and tool up to placate the other two, in which case players like Schmitt and Miller are likely to be pieces they would want - established good players 

Edited by UKNuck96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’re not a very good team. Spending a bunch of assets to dump 1 year of salary and adding one decent forward is not enough to put us over the top. And it’s a terrible idea for the long-term. Even Benning - a guy who has been notoriously optimistic about his team - clearly said it’s going to take another year.

 

Let’s pick our top-10 stud, and ride out the bad contracts. Hopefully a healthy Petey and some progression from the young guys will at least make us a playoff team again next year. Then take our shot in 2022-23.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Wanless said:

I wouldn't do what you said.

 

You forgot to include them taking Eriksson

In the last year of his contract....

 

We could just give a 2nd and or a 3rd to Seattle to take him in the draft

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

In the last year of his contract....

 

We could just give a 2nd and or a 3rd to Seattle to take him in the draft

Good point.

 

I can see SEA taking on LE for a 2nd and a B prospect.  They need to stockpile picks and prospects cuz they are starting from scratch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2021 at 3:18 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

We need patience. This is a good period to grow our offense from within. Emphasize acquiring D-depth, size & speed, wherever possible(that is, reasonable, affordable offers).

 

As our cap opens up, lots of(mostly Yank team-GM's) will be laying pit traps to dump their crap on us. Rhino for example, would suddenly look for a payday if he were obtained. You've already sunk cost with the acquisition-assets. F*** that!

 

If guys like EP & QH are worth the tidy sums we'll be paying, they'll help draw out more offense from pieces around them. Grow & develop such ingreds..don't go chasing after it.

Agreed! What's the hurry? I mean, it's only been 9 years since we iced a dominant group who made it out of the 1st round? <_<

Edited by ItsAllOursBoys
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BPA said:

Good point.

 

I can see SEA taking on LE for a 2nd and a B prospect.  They need to stockpile picks and prospects cuz they are starting from scratch. 

If there’s a real target for us to chase in UFA I’d say go for it but we’re likely giving assets just to have the space. Only 1 year left for Eriksson we may as well just keep him. I like the 2022 free agent market a lot more anyway!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miller this season: 39 points (2nd on team) 53.8% F/O %.

Miller last season: 72 points, 59.2% F/O% 

 

Reinhart this season: 40 Points, 45.7% F/O%

Reinhart last season: 50 Points, 35.7% F/O%

 

I'm sorry guys, he's not a great centre. And doesn't help what the team needs (A reliable two way centre, that can take face-offs, and provide complimentary scoring.).

If Buffalo was stupid and took a second rounder and say Virtanen (Who has no value) and Lockwood, then take it and run.

But that is doubtful.

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...