The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

In the last year of his contract....

We could just give a 2nd and or a 3rd to Seattle to take him in the draft

Patrick Marleau cost a first to dump. In a raising cap world. Now that capspace is at a premium it will cost more to get rid of

Erikssons contract is also not favourable to buy out and would likely remain on books 

First year cap hit is 4,000,000

Second year is 1,000,000

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Miller this season: 39 points (2nd on team) 53.8% F/O %.

Miller last season: 72 points, 59.2% F/O% 

Reinhart this season: 40 Points, 45.7% F/O%

Reinhart last season: 50 Points, 35.7% F/O%

I'm sorry guys, he's not a great centre. And doesn't help what the team needs (A reliable two way centre, that can take face-offs, and provide complimentary scoring.).

If Buffalo was stupid and took a second rounder and say Virtanen (Who has no value) and Lockwood, then take it and run.

But that is doubtful.

Reinhart would be a good fit on Bo's RW with Hoglander on his LW imo. 

The only way I can really see Reinhart making sense is if the cost to acquire him now is relatively low and the plan is to use EP, Miller, and Horvat all centering a line. That creates other problems though.

Having been linked to Rastalainen (sp?) and rumoured to be trying to trade up in the draft for Reinhert, I could see Benning trying to pick up the pair in a deal with Schmidt, and Jack or Ollie as the primary part of a package deal. Buffalo would have to take some cap back though...

Can Highmore play Center? Or do I remember that wrong?

could see Benning looking for a line up like

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Hogz - Horvat - Reinhart 

Pearson - Lind - Podz

Motte - Highmore - McEwan

Hughes - Risto 

Edler - Myers

Rathbone/Juolevi - Hamonic

Demko

DiPeitro

something of that sort. Obviously cap depending on who Buffalo takes back and who Seattle takes. Edler would need to resign at a much lower hit. Not saying that line up exactly but something similar maybe?

51 minutes ago, Wanless said:

Patrick Marleau cost a first to dump. In a raising cap world. Now that capspace is at a premium it will cost more to get rid of

Erikssons contract is also not favourable to buy out and would likely remain on books 

First year cap hit is 4,000,000

Second year is 1,000,000

I think you'd be shocked, especially with an expansion draft...I sure wouldnt give two 1st round picks plus multiple others to get a meh middle 6 centre of middle of the road top 6 winger just to give away 1 year of a semi bad contract

I have to think that Benning will be all over a potential Reinhard deal.  He is in his last year of RFA, so I am sure Buffalo has a high level of interest in moving him. It seems unlikely he will be looking to re sign long term there given recent trends.  Not sure what it would take to get it done.  I'd probably start with a package of a couple B level assets like Juolevi, DiPietro, Lind, 2nd round pick, Woo, Gadjovich  and see where leads (I'm not suggesting allof these guys, likley 3 tops).

Assuming you have EP, Miller, Boeser, Horvat, Hoglander, Pearson, Reinhart, Podkolzin, all of a sudden you have 4 guys who can play C in your top 9, and can roll 3 pretty legit lines out there.  If we can get a deal done without giving up a premium asset, we need to find a way to make it happen.

I'd be all over Ristolainen and Jokiharju as well.

56 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I think you'd be shocked, especially with an expansion draft...I sure wouldnt give two 1st round picks plus multiple others to get a meh middle 6 centre of middle of the road top 6 winger just to give away 1 year of a semi bad contract

You probably wouldn't have done the Miller trade either. I would say that Reinhardt has a better history

And if Seattle goes for it for Eriksson dump absolutely you take that, but why would they? Looking at how well Vegas did it would be very bad move for them to take on 6 mil in extra cap, and it would be a really bad move for one of their first moves to be undercutting the value of cap dumps.

I could debate you further but we disagree

9 minutes ago, Wanless said:

You probably wouldn't have done the Miller trade either. I would say that Reinhardt has a better history

And if Seattle goes for it for Eriksson dump absolutely you take that, but why would they? Looking at how well Vegas did it would be very bad move for them to take on 6 mil in extra cap, and it would be a really bad move for one of their first moves to be undercutting the value of cap dumps.

There is no way that we should give up a 1st to get rid of a year of LE.  We can open up enough cap space with far less costly moves ie. buyout Virtanen.   We need to just take our medicine on the LE deal and then be done.

I'd do a conditional 22 pick for Reinhart, much like the Miller deal.  No way I'd give this years 1st though.

10 minutes ago, BCNate said:

There is no way that we should give up a 1st to get rid of a year of LE.  We can open up enough cap space with far less costly moves ie. buyout Virtanen.   We need to just take our medicine on the LE deal and then be done.

I'd do a conditional 22 pick for Reinhart, much like the Miller deal.  No way I'd give this years 1st though.

I'd do that trade aswell 

Only thing is clearing Eriksson allows for money to be thrown at a dman or Edler is brought back

Just now, Wanless said:

I'd do that trade aswell 

Only thing is clearing Eriksson allows for money to be thrown at a dman or Edler is brought back

It would be nice to have LE's cap space to use, absolutely, but not at the expense of a 1st.  I think we will have enough $ to improve our team next year.  Right now you have $16 mill available and likely 6.5 in LTIR and need 2 forwards, 3 defensemen  and 2 spares.  I'd assume that EP and Hughes take 13 of that, and that Podkolzin, Hamonic, Lind, OJ take another 5.5.  Leaves you with 4 or so million to play with, before you factor in a potential JV termination/buyout, or possibly Seattle taking Holtby.  Tight, but not dire..

38 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

It's all coming together. Benning was rumored to be interested in Reinhart at the draft when rumors of trading up were swirling. Depending on where we sit in the draft I'd even be willing to move that pick for Reino.

Isn't sam a Ufa in one season though?  It's a lot to give up for a one year rental.  No IMO it's best to stay the course with drafting high, and developing from that drafted group.  I like sam, but don't think he's going to help us get to a cup before he's gone.  If we could move Miller or schmidt for sam then I'm in for that, providing we can for sure sign sam long term at a similar cap cost to either one of those two.  miller especially is on a great contract.

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Is Reinhard a fit in our 3C?? If so, let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Make an offer that Buffalo can't refuse... a package with Lind, Gadjovich, Lockwood, Rafferty, etc... 

sam is paid way to much for the third line role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

What would it take for Seattle to accept Eriksson's contract full on? 

1st round picks for next 3 seasons and Podkolzin??? 

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

What would it take for Seattle to accept Eriksson's contract full on? 

1st round picks for next 3 seasons and Podkolzin??? 

pods is a better player already than sam, so why would we trade him away to clear cap to bring in a lesser player?  and then overpay that lesser player too.  pods for three years at ELC is so much better than sam.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

True.. then make him our 2C and get Bo to adjust to 3C.... that way we got 3 solid offensive lines!!! 

the cap  are way costs are way too much.  sam gets paid a lot, and that has to be factored in to his value in both a trade and usefulness.  

42 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Is Reinhard a fit in our 3C?? If so, let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Make an offer that Buffalo can't refuse... a package with Lind, Gadjovich, Lockwood, Rafferty, etc... 

he’d be a second line winger for Bo if we acquired him. 

• Upvote 1