The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Honky Cat said:

wut ?

I actually thought about this yesterday and it makes plenty of sense to me. Green has been able to a very good job of developing younger players, and NYR is loaded with young talent. If he can help the likes of Lafreniere, Kakko and Kravtsov develop, watch out.

• Cheers 2

WOW, hate to be a Flamer fan right now.

At the start of the year I though the Flames would be a playoff team for sure with their additions of Markstrom and Tanev.

Not even a coaching change was able to right the ship.

Not sure what is wrong? What do you guys think?

Seems like they have decent D with Mr Bean (although ageing), Tanev and Hanifin  and some nice young pieces like Valimacki and Andersson (boohoo Baertschi).

Looked like they solved their goalie problems with Markstrom although seems like they rode him too hard as he was great to start then got injured and cratered. Glad we made the decision to move on with Demko (not that Markstrom is bad)

Seems to me their issue is with their top forwards. Gaudreau and Monahan are fails. Tkachuk had a bad year (think he realized in his puck flip meltdown that his team doesnt have his back)

As I think about it the only player I would want from their top 6 is Lindholm. ( I dont mind some of their other fringe top 6 like Mangiapanne and Dube - they remind me of Hoglander type players - as in skilled workers).

Big fail for the Flames this year. They need some turnover of their top players.

Glad we arent the Flames.

Edited by AV's Coin
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I seem to recall seeing that this was also happening due to taxi squads eating up large parts of AHL rosters.

Only 3 teams opted out this season - none NHL owned. 

Several AHLers have been left without a job.  Grouping rosters limited the need to have players on AHL deals which saves money.  For some the income was also too low given it’s pro-rated for the shortened season. 

54 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You almost had me... Just came in for some lunch while working out in the yard all morning and thought damn, he CAN see the future... But the time stamp only says 2 hours ago, so your clearly not the Kreskin you claim to be ;)

Maybe it's you who could use the fresh air :)

Went for a jog 7am like I do almost everyday. Will be doing weights in evening. I get my share of fresh air...

You're wasting your time being a sports fan.

Guessing/predicting what's going to happen is huge part of being a sports fan.

-There's a predict the score thread on cdc every canucks game

-There is a predict the series thread for every playoff series and every round on cdc.

-There's a prediction thread every year on where we'll end up at end of season. Playoffs vs no playoffs. 

-Every analyst on every sports channel will predict which team will win the championship may it be hockey baseball basketball football soccer etc.etc.etc.

Do you ask all these people for future winning lotto numbers ?

-10s of Billions of dollars are bet on sports by fans predicting who will win.

-Every MMA fight or Boxing fight people predict who will win.

I can go on and on and on.

Me predicting a rebuilding and cap troubled team like the Canucks will be a bottom 5 to 10 team requires me to give you future winning lotto numbers? That is ridiculous..

I have no idea what issues you are dealing with personally or if you're just in a bad mood. But I have no time for people looking to belittle someone for being a "normal" sports fan who makes an educated prediction on the immediate future of a sports team. 

You have thousand of posts on here. I can quote you on many posts where you posted about what may happen in the future regarding the Canucks but I can't think of nothing worse to waste my time on. 

20 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

At the start of the year I though the Flames would be a playoff team for sure with their additions of Markstrom and Tanev.

Seems like they have decent D with Mr Bean (although ageing), Tanev and Hanifin  and some nice young pieces like Valimacki and Andersson (boohoo Baertschi).

Looked like they solved their goalie problems with Markstrom although seems like they rode him too hard as he was great to start then got injured and cratered. Glad we made the decision to move on with Demko (not that Markstrom is bad)

Seems to me their issue is with their top forwards. Gaudreau and Monahan are fails. Tkachuk had a bad year (think he realized in his puck flip meltdown that his team doesnt have his back)

As I think about it the only player I would want from their top 6 is Lindholm. ( I dont mind some of their other fringe top 6 like Mangiapanne and Dube - they remind me of Hoglander type players - as in skilled workers).

Big fail for the Flames this year. They need some turnover of their top players.

Flames are weird. Good players but every team has better players.

Take Monny for example. Awesome player. Is he better than McDavid? No. Better than Matthews? No. He's not a top center in the league and that's a problem.

Edited by Chris12345

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If we win the next 5 we will be out of the bottom 10, go ‘Nucks.

win the next 4 but lose the last game of the season.....you know....end with a climax  lol

go out with a bang....

Edited by rychicken

29 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

REALLY glad we're not Flames fans. That team is gonna be bad fast...

• Like 1