The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Ottawa got the better Tkachuk, kid is a way better team player. Fights and sticks up for his team. Good net front presence. Added plus is he looks like Frankenstein and will just get gnarlier with age lol. 

D3554AC2-3CAE-4071-AAE0-B26F16626E9A.jpeg

All true 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Squamfan said:
House Radio host's dropping nuclear bombs on the owner

He's right though. This franchise is so dysfunctional right now. Probably the most dysfunctional it's been in 20 years. I'd say even more than the end of the Gillis era. (Which was also partly on Ownership)

This team has good pieces but it's highly questionable whether they have the leadership to maximize those pieces in the long-run, starting with ownership. 

I think it's time for a new GM, but even if they make that change; does ownership have the money to bring in the right person, and will they allow full autonomy? Last time they said they would with Linden, and well... we know how that turned out.

This season has been a disaster & they've done damage to the brand IMO. I miss the days of feeling like we were a premier organization in the league.

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

It’s funny you say that because clearly our brass doesn’t vision Juolevi being a top 4 defenceman or else he would be in the lineup nearly every night playing harder minutes learning to adapt. When you favour Chatfield and Rathbone over a Juolevi it sends a message to the player and the fans what the team thinks of him. 

I dont know we can say they like one vs another yet they may just want to get a look at both. I think they like what they see in OJ based on what Greens said publicly.

44 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

House Radio host's dropping nuclear bombs on the owner

I’m pretty sure the AHL merger with St. Louis was because the Blues farm team couldn’t afford to play this year, not the other way around. If the dude’s gonna rag on ownership, he should at least get his facts straight. Also our mess does in fact lie on mostly on Benning. We’re still spending to the cap, and his poor contracts are what’s crippling us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I’m pretty sure the AHL merger with St. Louis was because the Blues farm team couldn’t afford to play this year, not the other way around. If the dude’s gonna rag on ownership, he should at least get his facts straight. Also our mess does in fact lie on mostly on Benning. We’re still spending to the cap, and his poor contracts are what’s crippling us.

The canucks caved in and let the blue play there goalie rather than dipetro who didn't play in 400 plus days