The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I’m pretty sure the AHL merger with St. Louis was because the Blues farm team couldn’t afford to play this year, not the other way around. If the dude’s gonna rag on ownership, he should at least get his facts straight. Also our mess does in fact lie on mostly on Benning. We’re still spending to the cap, and his poor contracts are what’s crippling us.

The Blues don’t own their farm team and their affiliate decided to opt out leaving them to find new arrangements.  Utica didn’t have to agree to share.  They did to limit costs.  As part of the arrangement they took on the Blues staff and gave them a say.  It was a sharing and not just the Blues loaning players to Utica.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

It’s almost funny how much of a dumpsterfire the Canucks organization is. Not that far behind Buffalo for laughing stock of the league. 

Our futility has been openly mocked at the awards ceremony (never seen that before)

Nevermind how we were vilified in the media during our 2011 cup run.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I’m pretty sure the AHL merger with St. Louis was because the Blues farm team couldn’t afford to play this year, not the other way around. If the dude’s gonna rag on ownership, he should at least get his facts straight. Also our mess does in fact lie on mostly on Benning. We’re still spending to the cap, and his poor contracts are what’s crippling us.

Not sure how you can say spent $20 million less on payroll, unless they think the Aquas hired Tonya Harding to take down our players?

• Hydration 1
28 minutes ago, bree2 said:

the Canucks had a bad year with several players out including our star player Pettersson and almost everyone on the team having the variant of covid. it is not funny considering our team did well in the playoffs last season over and above the oiler and the leafs. we will rally next season, but never would i call our team the laughing stock, that name is for people who pretend they are fans!!!

your posts often make me laugh....thank you!!

17 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

wut ?

Yeah, I heard him try to start that rumour. My guess is NYR will probably target Torts or another available GM. Just feels like the Canucks are at an all-time low in their history. From ownership down to management to the coaching, to the team itself.  Gotta say I'm a little concerned about what the future holds with this team, not sure what's next for them. It's kind of crushing after the season they've had, whole team getting COVID, missing playoffs, etc. Another concern is the players, and will they want to play here with the current ownership and management. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

This should be pinned. Otherwise watch for where’s the kids every second post 

I think as much as anything, Travis wanted to see if Gadg and Lockwood were NHL caliber.  Gadg is ED eligible, if his skating is up to snuff, I wouldn't let him near the rink until training camp.  He had a great year in Utica.  His skating has always been the question mark, if he has improved to the point where it's not a drawback, then he's exactly what the Canucks need next year, big, tough, good hands, willing to drop the mitts.  Maybe a winger in the Bertuzzi mold.  The choices Seattle has from the Canuck's roster are abysmal, if we dress Gadg, and he pots three or four in the remaining games, I bet Seattle would take a flyer on him.  I would hide him so they don't have to protect him, same as Cole Lind.  He's shown he's capable of playing at this level.  Unless they plan to protect him, good enough, give these meaningless games to Highmore or one of the other scrubs. 

• Hydration 1
36 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Uhh, No. It mostly lies on the owner, plain and simple. He hires rookie coaches and GMs, refuses to let us rebuild and demands we be competitive when it is obvious a rebuild is needed. Aqualini spends to the cap because he thinks spending money on the roster will fix the problem. Yet, he cheaps out on coaches and management.

• Hydration 2
1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

There is a difference between Tanking and Not Being Good. VAN is not losing on purpose, or would they want to. They're competitive professional athletes. 

VAN will probably win 3 or more of their remaining games, which might bump them down the drafting order, unless they win a Lottery spot. Even so, if they pick 5th or 8tth, does that make much of a difference this Draft? There's no clear Top 3, 5 or even 10. It's wide open, other than maybe Clarke and Power being at the top. Just going to try and enjoy watching Canucks hockey these last 5 games.

WIN - Yahoo! Loves me a win

LOSE - Draft, here we come!

It's all good

BUT! Next season, I hope they make changes to management and coaching. They need to build a winner with these great prospects/young players   

The very first thing that should be on the new GMs agenda should be clearing up the cap and financial mess of Benning. Secondly, if the new gm gives a new contract to Edler, he should be fired. Edler has been a very good player for the Canucks, but now is clearly too old, too slow, and no longer mentally agile enough for any kind of active role. Eddie should retire while his legacy is still positive,

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Wow.. 

I think you need a few hrs break from cdc. 

Beautiful weather lately. Maybe go for a walk or something. 

You almost had me... Just came in for some lunch while working out in the yard all morning and thought damn, he CAN see the future... But the time stamp only says 2 hours ago, so your clearly not the Kreskin you claim to be ;)

Maybe it's you who could use the fresh air :)

38 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

wut ?

I fully expect the Rangers to go with a big name coach. Tortorella, Gallant, Boudreau have all been floated. If Green was available I am sure they would interview him but I would be shocked if they hired him. The style he has his teams play is not a good fit with the Rangers roster at all.

23 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Same argument as  2017, 2018 and 2019; years we picked : Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes and Vasili Podkolzin. 

My point is, who cares? The players care about winning and that's good enough for me. 

Go Canucks!

Amen brother! 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
44 minutes ago, mll said:

The Blues don’t own their farm team and their affiliate decided to opt out leaving them to find new arrangements.  Utica didn’t have to agree to share.  They did to limit costs.  As part of the arrangement they took on the Blues staff and gave them a say.  It was a sharing and not just the Blues loaning players to Utica.

I seem to recall seeing that this was also happening due to taxi squads eating up large parts of AHL rosters.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION