The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

The canucks caved in and let the blue play there goalie rather than dipetro who didn't play in 400 plus days

the Canucks don"t own Utica it is an affiliation , blame Robert Esche  he is the one that brought in the blues, lol,  thats why the Canucks will actually own the abbotsford ahl team for total control, the sky is falling the sky is falling 

• Cheers 1

Just heard a clip that a soccer crowd sings in the stands (Liverpool??). It was, "You'll Never Walk Alone". If the canucks fans had a song, sort of an unofficial anthem, what would it be?  And no, I don't think that , "Tanks for the Memories" is the one we would pick.

1 minute ago, wloutet said:

Just heard a clip that a soccer crowd sings in the stands (Liverpool??). It was, "You'll Never Walk Alone". If the canucks fans had a song, sort of an unofficial anthem, what would it be?  And no, I don't think that , "Tanks for the Memories" is the one we would pick.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, the grinder said:

the Canucks don"t own Utica it is an affiliation , blame Robert Esche  he is the one that brought in the blues, lol,  thats why the Canucks will actually own the abbotsford ahl team for total control, the sky is falling the sky is falling 

But the canucks finance it, and run the operation

Edited by Squamfan

No playoffs but lots to look forward to with the remaining games and the offseason ahead. Big decisions to make especially in the offseason. Lind, OJ and possibly Gadjovich will all have opportunities to showcase that they belong in the NHL. Maybe DiPietro as well. We’ll see. I want to see, personally, Beagle, Sutter, Baer, Eriksson all gone. Edler I’d bring back but for cheap like around $2-3 mill. No more, no less. The draft lotto is what we’re all going to be looking forward too. Expansion and NHL drafts as well. For now, let’s enjoy the remaining games! GCG!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Amazing what winning and losing will do. If the Canucks made the playoffs through this shiz of a year everyone would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Damn I love bread.

Anyways this ain’t the worst thing unless you want it to be. Another pick will do this franchise good. If we don’t improve next year then ya the sky is falling. Covid has made the sky fall in general not just hockey. Honestly fans need to give this year a break. I’ll reserve my judgement for next year and where I see them headed. Cause honestly it’s just a cluster of events in another shiz year. And I’m not just talking hockey. We honestly don’t need to make it worse then it is. We may need changes here I don’t know for sure but pushing the narrative further into darkness ain’t the answer. Seriously this should be some really exciting times coming with this young group. We got too excited to early obviously. And no it hasn’t been 7 years. It’s been like 3 since the real pain stopped. The day Pettersson played his first game and scored his first goal the Canucks were exciting to me again and the year before that in Boesers first year was the first time I had hope since the SCF. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, the grinder said:

The Canucks own the franchise.  It’s Benning that announced the shared affiliation not Esche. 

26 minutes ago, the grinder said:

tha canucks own the ahl franchise, robert esche owns the rights to "utica comets" and had an affiliation agreement to run the ahl franchise that aquilini owns. 

• Cheers 1