The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

21 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Just heard a clip that a soccer crowd sings in the stands (Liverpool??). It was, "You'll Never Walk Alone". If the canucks fans had a song, sort of an unofficial anthem, what would it be?  And no, I don't think that , "Tanks for the Memories" is the one we would pick.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nucksownyou said:

Uhh, No. It mostly lies on the owner, plain and simple. He hires rookie coaches and GMs, refuses to let us rebuild and demands we be competitive when it is obvious a rebuild is needed. Aqualini spends to the cap because he thinks spending money on the roster will fix the problem. Yet, he cheaps out on coaches and management.

Only 10 of the 31 GMs has longer tenure than Benning (and one of those by just a month - Calgary)

Hardly a rookie GM when his contract was extended.  Nor is it uncommon for a team to promote its farm team Coach to be the big team's coach.

I'm neutral on whether Green should be retained, and vacillate on whether JB is doing - or not doing - a good job.   But the Aquilinis have been nothing but a force for good for this franchise and it can't have been easy for them to grin and bear it when Bettman told them in March they would lose between US $50 and $75 million this season.

I just want to record my appreciation for them for staying the course

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Just heard a clip that a soccer crowd sings in the stands (Liverpool??). It was, "You'll Never Walk Alone". If the canucks fans had a song, sort of an unofficial anthem, what would it be?  And no, I don't think that , "Tanks for the Memories" is the one we would pick.

• Haha 2

This team under performed this year and not because of covid. Some body's head needs be under the chopping block im good with any of 1) all the assistant coaches (underachieving defense + special teams)  2) the head coach (underachieving team) or 3) the GM (Loui contract + not finding a way to sign Toffoli) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, wloutet said:

I have thought about this in the past. Its tough to beat  "You'll Never walk Alone"

Maybe a slightly sped up version of the following with 20,000 people absolutely belting this out so its not lame af ... errr I  mean depressing

Winter, spring, summer or fall,

all you go to do is call

and I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah....

You've got a friend.

Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.

Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.

You've got a friend