The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I don’t know how Green can coach a team of this caliber lacking top notch players like Petey. Honestly can’t blame him for what he has to work with

The problem with this team isn't execution. If it were this statement I would agree with, but this team isnt missing nets or fumbling passes, it's consistently making the same mistakes every single game. That's what coach is there for. To correct that. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

8th or 12th c’mon. Who cares. Lots of players fall or get overlooked. Busts happen all the time. Steals happen as well. What the point? I don’t get it. It’s the same thing every year and we usually do pretty good. Rather see a couple smiles on the ice then the horse poop that is tanking 

Look at the 2018 draft, if we won a couple more games, u wont have Hughes. But I won't argue with ur logic there tho. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, apollo said:

This exactly. 

John Shannon just said on Donnie & Wally how 95% of people don't think it's a bad organization and would love to be here...

So yea it's just the trolls that see the world as a half empty glass that are projecting their nonsense negative thoughts and pretending to be fans 

Things went wrong this season... We were finally starting to play well, even without Petey until we got hit with a vicious virus... No team in the history of hockey has ever had such a widespread virus amongst them. 

The fact that the Canucks came out and worked Tarrana first two games shows how glorious our future will be. 

We went on a stellar run last year and there will be more of it to come starting next year. 

The run we went on in the playoffs occurred while we were largely outshot, suffered from a huge deficit in zone play, struggled to recapture pucks in their own zone, struggled at capturing pucks on the forecheck, and was almost entirely bailed out by its goaltenders and the rest of the players that Benning had so mismanaged the cap that we could not afford to keep them: Markstrom, Tanev, Stetcher, and Toffoli.

Last year’s playoff was an illusion that mislead almost everyone regarding their assessment of this team. Most of the old farts that Benning has so long overpaid no longer produce anything whatsoever: Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, Edler, Baertschi, Sutter, and Ferland - they represent 28 million of wasted cap and somewhat less cash. On top of that, he lost the player he paid so much to get, and who has scored more goals than any Canuck, and all for less than the Canucks had been paying him! Tofolli cost Montreal 4.25 mil - how can one not compare his production to that of Vancouver’s six million dollar man, Eriksson, or Sutter at 4.375 mil, or even the comparative worth of the permanently concussed Ferland AHL 3.5, or Baertchi’s 3.3 or even Beagle or Roussel at 3.0 mil. The value in return for the bucks paid is absurdly poor. Sure, there are other teams with bad contracts, but with the frequency and amount that JB has racked up? Is there any still employed GM with Benning’smassive failure.

And to top that off with a cherry on top of that treat, is that our prospect pool is now ranked as 19th in the NHL - after seven years deep into a rebuild that never was. That Benning, whose singular talent is finding draft eligible prospects, has been throwing away draft slots like so much confetti at a wedding is an embarrassing contradiction. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Where the hell is gadjovich. Where in zeus's butthole is he? Why must green prove time and time again that he is the worst of the worst. How do I know this? Well aquaman will never dish out the money for a quality coach he is too cheap and needs to sell the team to a real billionaire. Bezos? 

i can see jeff bezos firing his staff like

Perhaps You Should No Longer Be APrime Member Jeff Bezos GIF -  PerhapsYouShouldNoLongerBeAPrimeMember JeffBezos SouthPark - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, tas said:

I'll defer to what travis green thinks. I feel like he may have more informed insights than a fan on the internet, all things considered. 

Sorry this is my opinion, I think that is what we are all doing here?

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I thought the reference was to Iginla. 

Of course Larionov is gonna hype the kid. He did the same with OJ. Didn't he compare him to Lidstrom in some aspects at one point? 

I could have sworn it was Canucks brass that said something ridiculous like this the year after he was drafted.