The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Yeah but he's not nearly as consistent as Hogz. 

What makes you say that? I'll admit, I haven't consistently watched many of their games in in SHL and KHL respectively. I do know that they have similar numbers both in mens leagues (although KHL is rated over SHL) but Podz was the U20 russian captain while offering way more physicality and speed.

3 minutes ago, tas said:

6'4" is inaccurate.

I guess you know something Wikipedia doesn't. I've never met the guy, so I can't say anything different.

Looking for positives in this audition for next year. Rathbone looked really really good (last few games). Was hoping to see Gadz. Podz is probably a lock in terms of on ice play, just have to see if he actually shows up in NA. Juolevi is lukewarm ok. Our biggest holes are still on D, and there is no way Bettman let's us win the lottery.
The best thing we could do in the offseason: no overpriced taxi squad signings.

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I'm getting the Calgary broadcast.  Dang I miss Rick Ball.  Better than Hughson or Shorty IMO. Another elite Vancouver piece Calgary stole. :mad:

I remember listening to him when he was on the radio here.

im s true homer though I enjoy the Johns  ::D

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Look at the 2018 draft, if we won a couple more games, u wont have Hughes. But I won't argue with ur logic there tho. 

Why not?  Who knows where he was on our list we could had picked him higher than he went.  Brady Tkachuk, Svechnikov and Dahlin are no slouches either.