The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

18 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Haha its his go to when he doesnt agree. Only a select few on here are allowed to predict the future, and the prerequisite is that it has to support Benning being the top gm in the nhl.

I'm not a Benning hater or Benning boy. Some things he's done well and others not so great..

I didn't even have Benning in mind when I was talking about how this team will be next year. Just thinking where this team is and where it likely will be next year considering our cap situation and the lack of bottom 2 lines and a 3C. Our D is in dire need of upgrade and will have OJ and Rathbone full time next season. As well as more rookies on forward.

Long ways to go..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

What do Lotto numbers have to do with Canucks being a bottom feeder rebuilding team with cap problems and more rookies coming into the roster next season? 

Hey, if you know both what the team is going to look like next year, after the ED, free agency etc and how they'll perform, I figure you MUST know the lotto numbers too! How's Podrick acclimating to the NHL future man?

Maybe your buddy @wallstreetamigo in the scarecrow outfit, has the lotto numbers?

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hey, if you know both what the team is going to look like next year, after the ED, free agency etc and how they'll perform, I figure you MUST know the lotto numbers too! How's Podrick acclimating to the NHL future man?

Maybe your buddy @wallstreetamigo in the scarecrow outfit, has the lotto numbers?

I do have those lottery numbers. Its called the last 7 seasons.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

He probably comes back for another couple years whether he scores his 100th this season or not.

And if he gets his 100th, he'll want 3 more to push him into the too 100 of NHL defensemen in goals.

4 hours ago, rekker said:

Can they just scratch Hughes. The kid looks gassed.

4 hours ago, SNuck said:

I'd settle for 17-18 mins, but yes. 

The more he is on the ice, the better. He is still learning out there 

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He doesn’t work for another team yet he still works for us.

If he’s not willing to do what’s best for the organization maybe he shouldn’t be allowed to make roster decisions anymore.

What im saying is, green will try hard to win these games to impress other teams for a job next szn

33 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Except for players with performance bonuses.  Hughes, for example, probably has around $850k riding on where he finishes among NHL defensemen in # minutes played, goals, assists, points, maybe PP stats too.  Pettersson Is shut down, so can't change his totals, but others can, like Juolevi and Hoglander.

I get that some fans just want to write off those remaining games, but they are far from meaningless for players on entry level contracts

Quinn has played this entire season like his bonus is more important then team success.  He's been appalling defensively. 

I'm actually enjoying the death march as we're getting to see our young guys.  I want to see more of Lind, Chatfield, Juolevi and get a first taste of Gadjovich and Lockwood! 

49 minutes ago, xereau said:

I read that OJ will break the cap with pending contract bonuses, and thus will be sat. Top notch GM'ing if true....

Not really imo. He wouldnt need to sit Juolevi if he had not &^@#ed up the cap to begin with.

Imagine the message that sends to Juolevi and every other young player.

We want you to be in the future of this team but we dont want to put you in the position to earn your meager bonuses. Instead, we would rather pay 12 million to bums who are in the press box or ahl because they arent good enough for our team.

Take it from me, if this is the reason, it will resonate with the young players in the organization.

49 minutes ago, xereau said:

I read that OJ will break the cap with pending contract bonuses, and thus will be sat. Top notch GM'ing if true....

I don't see how that can be true when we have Beagle on LTIR as well as Ferland.  

Doesn't look like we're in trouble on capfriendly and they have both LTIR and player bonuses tracked.  I just pulled up ACSL and it's more math then I feel like doing right now, so maybe you're right.  

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

54 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I want to be your buddy aGENT.:wub:

:ph34r:

oh, **** the Flames.  Ah, I feel so much better for saying that.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

My dream for this game....

As many kids & new guys play as possible in a hard fought 6-4 victory for the Flamers, last goal mt net. Kids play reall well but we get screwed by the refs. We can be happy with the play & complain at the same time.

Happy ending dream: Gadj gets challenged by the ugly clown and beats the livin snot out of him.

When you say Gadj gets challenged by the ugly clown, do you mean Tkachuk or Lucic? Gadj could take Tkpuke. Lucic? Not so sure of. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When you say Gadj gets challenged by the ugly clown, do you mean Tkachuk or Lucic? Gadj could take Tkpuke. Lucic? Not so sure of. 

Definitely Tkachuk. Forgot about they had two ugly clowns. Pretty sure Looch is out of Gadj’s league.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1