The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Gotta quit playing Hamonic so much. His price is going to keep rising and rising. 

He has no puck skills, in his 30s, and is a limited skater. This is a guy who shouldn't be signing for much more than what he's currently making - especially considering his preference to play in Western Canada. 

Also the kind of guy that if you re-sign him, he needs to be playing a bottom pairing role. He's not good enough for matchup minutes. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, xereau said:

He's already as good as gone.

Only options are Edmonton & Winnipeg. And realistically EDM has RNH to sign, then on defense Larsson & Barrie - both who would be ahead of Hamonic on the priority list.

Winnipeg would make alot of sense, otherwise a team friendly deal here. 

6 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Omg Buffalo is a disaster what am I gonna do?!?!?!?! Oh OUCH MY NECK!! Oh the humanity can't play this year. His neck injury is as fake as my whiplash when a nice Chinese lady rear ended me at 10km/h

More reason not to trade for Eichel if he did that. Maybe he is part of the problem in Buffalo 

Another loss. We’re living in a hockey world where our struggles are ongoing because of our injury to our best player. It’s tough but nothing we can do but wish for a speedy recovery. The boys continue to play hard even with adversity and that’s all you can ask for at this point. Highmore gets his 1st as a Canuck. Let’s try and end the season off on a high note! GCG!

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

Another loss. We’re living in a hockey world where our struggles are ongoing because of our injury to our best player. It’s tough but nothing we can do but wish for a speedy recovery. The boys continue to play hard even with adversity and that’s all you can ask for at this point. Highmore gets his 1st as a Canuck. Let’s try and end the season off on a high note! GCG!

I'm thinking this squad's troubles run a bit deeper than an injury to a single player.