The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

He has no puck skills, in his 30s, and is a limited skater. This is a guy who shouldn't be signing for much more than what he's currently making - especially considering his preference to play in Western Canada. 

Also the kind of guy that if you re-sign him, he needs to be playing a bottom pairing role. He's not good enough for matchup minutes. 

Useful 4/5 IMO. Not a bad skater at all, and good enough puck skills to play with a guy like Hughes. Though he's not creative in the offensive zone or a guy that's going to rush the puck.

Fights, which we do need IMO, and kills penalties. I think he's fine playing with Hughes next year, and/or ideally a great #5 for a guy like Rathbone/Juolevi. 

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

It's all hypnotic until we drop 5 spots in the draft. 

Have faith...Canucks will win only the coiler game. Then lose out. Calgary is treating these games as game 7 in the cup final. Canucks are floating. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

He has no puck skills, in his 30s, and is a limited skater. This is a guy who shouldn't be signing for much more than what he's currently making - especially considering his preference to play in Western Canada. 

Also the kind of guy that if you re-sign him, he needs to be playing a bottom pairing role. He's not good enough for matchup minutes. 

You, are definitely not his agent.

Lol. 

1 minute ago, Fakename70 said:

I'm thinking this squad's troubles run a bit deeper than an injury to a single player. 

You’re on to something. Our D could use some work too. Keep Green as coach. Let the assistants walk. Hire Quinn as one of the assistants. Maybe Bieksa as well. The draft is what I’m excited about and looking forward to tbh

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

Him or Clarke plz. Its a SIGNNNNNNNN. Hes a bigger canucks fan than quinn 

Luke doesn't fill a need. We need a rd or C and a big one at that. Our softness has shown we are the charmin bear. Just put a canuck jersey on the charmin bear. 

1 minute ago, Patrik Laine said:

Luke doesn't fill a need. We need a rd or C and a big one at that. Our softness has shown we are the charmin bear. Just put a canuck jersey on the charmin bear. 

Oh I prefer Clarke but I dont mind Hughes. Also &^@# going with needs. ALWAYS GO BPA!! Remember what happened when we drafted Juolevi over Tkachuk yea. 

Edited by DontMessMe
  • Huggy Bear 1