The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

You excited for the Kraken? What’s that gonna be like as a Canucks fan 

You know, I was actually all set to abandon the Canucks - they've been the "home team" down here, obviously - even though I've been a fan since the mid-'90's. All the Seattle NHL group had to do to ensure my addition to the fanbase was NOT name the franchise Kraken. Really, that's all they had to do. In hindsight, I'm glad they did. I'm really not the type of sports fan who jumps from team to team. Liked the same MLB squad since 1981, and have repp'd  the Seahawks since 1982-83. Hell, I still rep the Sonics. Other than when they go against the Canucks, I'm sure I'll be generally apathetic towards the Kraken. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Really hoping we are better than Seattle next season.

They better take 5 years to get to the playoffs or they'll be off to a better start than ourselves. 

The Canucks had a choice of washed up garbage at the 1970 expansion draft. Pat Quinn was one but he was hobbled by the time we got him.

• Like 1

Well, as much as I as well as many of you laughed at Ottawa throughout the season, we now need to win 3 out of our last 4 not to finish last in the division and there is nothing funny about that, thank god we have a good coach.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

You excited for the Kraken? What’s that gonna be like as a Canucks fan 

Seattle city council narrowly defeated a measure 7-6 on a petition to change the Space Needle to a giant crack pipe.

lMynWnv.png

K not really, but get ready for the Crackhead memes, for quite literally ever.

Dumbest name.

Edited by xereau
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Well, as much as I as well as many of you laughed at Ottawa throughout the season, we now need to win 3 out of our last 4 not to finish last in the division and there is nothing funny about that, thank god we have a good coach.

Ouch 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

It’s going to be like this...

7DF50841-687A-4B3B-A046-BAA6D9BF9F4B.jpeg

While true, I still think the Kraken would be making a big mistake in trying to manufacture a geographical rivalry with Vancouver. Personally, the prospect of regular season games between the 2 franchises doesn't move me at all. Certainly not to the point of developing a genuine dislike for them. There's no history there. Especially playoff history. There's nothing there at all. It's barely different from when Vancouver was awarded the Grizzlies. As a Sonic fan, that didn't mean anything at all to me. I genuinely fail to see Canuck fans in Vancouver getting wound-up because there's now a team in Seattle. You can't have a "rivalry" between 2 teams with no prior history between them. I think there's a lot of "hockey fans" down here who have yet to grasp that. 

15 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

It’s going to be like this...

7DF50841-687A-4B3B-A046-BAA6D9BF9F4B.jpeg

This'll actually be fun. This team needs a true rival.

The Alberta teams have each other and let's be honest, Chicago and Boston (with their cups and all) don't pay as much attention to us as we do to them. 

• Cheers 1