The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

If this is true, the real callup should be Tonya Harding.

"Hey, arent you Vesey, Boyd, and Hawryluk? Nice to meet you guys. Come here I have something to show you."

Montreal had the same issue but further injuries at F allowed them to keep Caufield up on emergency basis.  They couldn’t use a regular recall or Romanov would have been stuck on the taxi squad for the rest of the season. 

Spoiler

5 hours ago, tas said:

I suspect it's related to issues like player bonuses and other CBA/contractual issues. 

Exactly.  Take Hoglander for example.  Standard ELC has a $212,500 bonus for 20 goals. This 56 game season sees it prorated to 56/82 × 20 goals (=14) paying 56/82 ×  $212,500 (= $145,122), and not escrowed.   A huge incentive for Hoagie to pot 2 in these last 5 games. (And prolly Green wasn't up to speed on that when he sat Nils for the 2 minutes of empty net)

8 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Guys better be cheering for the Sharks, Kings and Sens tonight. Sens and Sharks play their last game today and are 4 points ahead of us(we come out ahead in tie-breaker). Kings play their 2nd last.

If all 3 of them win our chances of drafting top 10 becomes much more higher. 

The sharks got &^@#ed 

The kings got &^@#ed 

Just now, Johnny Torts said:

The sharks got &^@#ed 

The kings got &^@#ed 

Yeah I saw. Sens closed one out in OT and are now 6 points ahead. Kings have one more game and like the Sharks are 4 points ahead. Hopefully Kings get a dub or a point to increase the likelihood of us running away with a top 10 pick.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah I saw. Sens closed one out in OT and are now 6 points ahead. Kings have one more game and like the Sharks are 4 points ahead. Hopefully Kings get a dub or a point to increase the likelihood of us running away with a top 10 pick.

Colorado needs to beat LA to win the President’s Trophy over Vegas and gain home ice advantage throughout the playoffs. 

Just now, mll said:

Colorado needs to beat LA to win the President’s Trophy over Vegas and gain home ice advantage throughout the playoffs. 

Yeah they just already rolled over the Kings too last game. So doubtful they get the win.

25 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Exactly.  Take Hoglander for example.  Standard ELC has a $212,500 bonus for 20 goals. This 56 game season sees it prorated to 56/82 × 20 goals (=14) paying 56/82 ×  $212,500 (= $145,122), and not escrowed.   A huge incentive for Hoagie to pot 2 in these last 5 games. (And prolly Green wasn't up to speed on that when he sat Nils for the 2 minutes of empty net)

Höglander’s maximum bonus target this season is 200K before pro-rata.  Only Pettersson, Hughes, Juolevi and Rathbone have the max targets - high 1st round picks and college player as incentive to sign.  

Juolevi with 21 games can no longer reach his targets.  The minimum games is 29 (pro-rata of 42 over 82 games) and others not game dependent are out of reach.   Same with Pettersson who is at 26 games.  There might be some games played bonuses but with the pro-rata that’s pretty minimal.

Gadjovich and Lockwood not playing will be a recall limit issue.  They’ve already used up the 4 they have on Lind, Juolevi, Rathbone and Graovac.  They can now only come up on emergency basis if they are below 12 Fs available to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we do go ahead of LA and San Jose, we'll still get the 9th overall pick provided that the 10th team doesn't win the lottery.  

9th overall guys, that's the pick that we're most likely looking at.  Let's drop this pipe dream that we'll get the 5th/6th overall. 

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If this is true, the real callup should be Tonya Harding.

"Hey, arent you Vesey, Boyd, and Hawryluk? Nice to meet you guys. Come here I have something to show you."

Now you're thinking outside the box.  All right fine, Dean Lombardi for prez and you can be the amateur/pro scout. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If we do go ahead of LA and San Jose, we'll still get the 9th overall pick provided that the 10th team doesn't win the lottery.  

9th overall guys, that's the pick that we're most likely looking at.  Let's drop this pipe dream that we'll get the 5th/6th overall. 

You never know with this schedule. The next 2 teams ahead have a 3 point cushion so we have the luxury of 1 win and staying 4th last(5th overall with Seattle taking 4th) before I will start sweating.

Flames gonna be pretty rested before playing us while we just finished a back to back.

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You never know with this schedule. The next 2 teams ahead have a 3 point cushion so we have the luxury of 1 win and staying 4th last(5th overall with Seattle taking 4th) before I will start sweating.

Flames gonna be pretty rested before playing us while we just finished a back to back.

Flames fans are pulling hard for losses too. They want to see Marky sit out and have all the young guys play, just like we do. If they start Domingue we’ll know they are serious about this turtle derby. These could be ugly games.