Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, WZRD said:

Surprised they didn’t name them the Seattle CHOP/CHAZ/Antifa

Seattle Democrats sounds better.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, khay said:

What's wrong with the name Kraken?

 

Speaking of Sonics, I wish they bring basketball back to Seattle. Could go watch an NBA game from time to time (once the COVID's gone).

 

I'm torn on that one. They were here 41 years before they moved. An expansion team won't be able to replace those memories. Not for those of us here who had been fans since the '70's and '80's. It just won't be the same. And, it's because of the way they were moved to OKC that the league likely won't go anywhere near approving another franchise relocation anytime soon. I do think we'll eventually get the 31st franchise through expansion - assuming the arena in the Stadium District does get built at some point - but, the league and game itself have both changed for the worst since 2008 that I'm genuinely questioning if it'd be worth my effort & time to invest emotionally & financially in the "Seattle Sonics" again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The players can play with the team the GM has given them. 
 

The coach can only coach the players he’s been given, and look at the work his assistants have pissed away. 
 

The GM is directly responsible for the mess that his team is in as he’s drafted, traded for, and signed free agents to build the club.  
 

This team has some great pieces, but the GM has clearly proven that he has a passing glance as to what makes a championship team. He needs to go. Anyone who doesn’t see that is delusional and needs to stop sucking on the teat that’s feeding them their fever dreams.  
 

Green is a smart man. He has to accept that his assistants are utter trash. Consign himself to the fact that they need to go if he has any designs on being a winning coach. 
 

I’m a Canucks fan, but (expletive deleted) me, it’s hard to cheer for this shambolic mess of a team. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The players can play with the team the GM has given them. 
 

The coach can only coach the players he’s been given, and look at the work his assistants have pissed away. 
 

The GM is directly responsible for the mess that his team is in as he’s drafted, traded for, and signed free agents to build the club.  
 

This team has some great pieces, but the GM has clearly proven that he has a passing glance as to what makes a championship team. He needs to go. Anyone who doesn’t see that is delusional and needs to stop sucking on the teat that’s feeding them their fever dreams.  
 

Green is a smart man. He has to accept that his assistants are utter trash. Consign himself to the fact that they need to go if he has any designs on being a winning coach. 
 

I’m a Canucks fan, but (expletive deleted) me, it’s hard to cheer for this shambolic mess of a team. 

The players are the crew.

The GM is the ship builder.

The coach is the captain of the ship.

 

When you have an Uber driver steering the ship don’t be surprised when it runs aground.

 

#NeverGreen

 

 

 

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The players are the crew.

The GM is the ship builder.

The coach is the captain of the ship.

 

When you have an Uber driver steering the ship don’t be surprised when it runs aground.

 

#NeverGreen

 

 

 

Note: I’m drunk and the wife is calling but there is some deep wisdom in there that post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The players are the crew.

The GM is the ship builder.

The coach is the captain of the ship.

 

When you have an Uber driver steering the ship don’t be surprised when it runs aground.

 

#NeverGreen

 

 

 

If the ship is built poorly, blaming the captain is convenient, but spineless. The captain can’t steer a ship that’s rudderless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If the ship is built poorly, blaming the captain is convenient, but spineless. The captain can’t steer a ship that’s rudderless. 

The ship is complete and in fact is quite a fine ship, it just needs a new captain, this one knows not where he’s going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The ship is complete and in fact is quite a fine ship, it just needs a new captain, this one knows not where he’s going.

Question is what would you do with a drunken sailor? Yes I've had some mead tonight 

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We play those 4 games in a 5 day span with each back to back being Home/Away. 

Yeah, let's see which team wants to win the moral victory trophy (winning culture) or the lottery cup (loser mentality)....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, let's see which team wants to win the moral victory trophy (winning culture) or the lottery cup (loser mentality)....

if you are talking about Calgary and Vancouver I don't think winning the next 3 games against each other is going to suddenly change the team to a winning culture 

  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, let's see which team wants to win the moral victory trophy (winning culture) or the lottery cup (loser mentality)....

These next 3 games vs the Flames mean absolutely nothing to either teams future.

 

Well, besides draft positioning. In that sense it does.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...