The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

Can't help but think with things spirally down and down there's going to be major changes this off season.  Too bad though, I do think think with a few tweaks and a normal schedule this team could turn it around, but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, canuckfromlangley said:

I still believe had we played in the Pacific division this year we finish 3rd or 4th and are in the playoffs. 

Calgary and Arizona could have made it too.  Vegas and Edmonton would have likely been 1 and 2 but after them it would have been pretty open with only Anaheim clearly a step behind.  

The West was quite top heavy while in the North there’s probably no team considered as elite / top contender.  Not sure many see Toronto winning it all while Vegas and Colorado are often listed among potential winners.

Vegas and Colorado squashed the weaker teams.  Minnesota did too but are not at that level yet.  By being top heavy, it makes others in the division look weaker than they probably are in a normal setting.  

Edited by mll
10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

One of the few good stories this year. 

Some other good ones are Boeser looking like he's back on track after injuries and looking to be a premier winger. 2 way game and skating looks way better. 

Rathbone, Juolevi also looking good. 

I'm not too disappointed in the season minus losing a $500 bet to an Oiler fan... 

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

That’s because we are so bad in our own end that every time the puck leaves our zone it still has an SOS flag up. Hard to transition to any with enough energy to go anywhere but the bench.

that was my point  every shift on every line spend all thier energy chasing and defending  that when we do get the puck its dump and change.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My first trial as a juror was a murder case, and one involving an axe. We finished at 3pm. We had one holdout. The last juror needed to sleep on it so we were stuck in a hotel. When we went back to try to settle in the morning. We got everyone agreeing in 20 minutes. What I was surprised at is the judge asked us to determine sentencing. 

I just selected let the judge decide. But the judge averaged out our choices. We were done by 11 am. 

Fortunately the one criminal case I had to serve on was pretty mundane.  Still got a 'hung jury verdict'.  Got free eats as the Hotel Georgia (now Rosewood Georgia) during the deliberation phase of the case.  Could order *any* item on the menu (heh, so as long as it was non-alcoholic! :lol:).  Kind of felt sorry for the bailoffs who had to accompany us (they sat their own table and just drank coffee).  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Juolevi’s lazy, unfocused play on the second Calgary goal is really not good for a guy who is at best a marginal nhl player.

"Lazy and unfocused play" is a bit harsh for a player that really hasn't had much time to show what he can do, not to mention doing it under a mediocre defensive coach. He went around the wrong way. Big deal. He'll learn from that.

How many times have we seen Hughes make a stupid pass? A lot. Better trade him because he's a "giveaway machine". /sar

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 3
15 hours ago, xereau said:

On a positive note, I finished finished (last edit sesh) on my 1st ever novel today.

Feels weird, but good. I am going to shop it (again) to publishers, before I self publish. Not holding my breath.

402k words, 1194 pages size 12 times new roman double spaced.. heh. And it's only one of 3 which are in the works.

2nd is a little larger at like 1204 pages. 3rd is a tiny bit smaller at like 1090 pages.

It's a sci-fi adventure series, based 700 years from today, after a celestial cataclysm. A family of junk collectors (Scrappers) are part of a very controlled society (think Handmaiden's Tale x 1984), and they find a secret which those in control believed to be buried forever. They set off across North America which is mired in the depths of an ice age, and they spark revolutions across the land as they try to find a veritable treasure island of sorts.

test1.thumb.png.d40fda3355a8e017e9468757b21e98d8.png

Revolutions isn't written, but I have like 40 pages of notes on it. Generations and Origins are like 98% done (need 2 edit sessions probably each).

If there's anything good which has come from covid and being tucked away like a hermit, it's that I've learned to write.

Best of luck with your Book(s)! Hopefully you can get them published and we can all remember when we used to be able to read your writing on CDC for free. ;)

14 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The players are the crew.

The GM is the ship builder.

The coach is the captain of the ship.

When you have an Uber driver steering the ship don’t be surprised when it runs aground.

#NeverGreen

You forgot the Anchor…

FB0DB0B6-5DB3-4EB2-A5FD-A530D600AC57.jpeg

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Juolevi’s lazy, unfocused play on the second Calgary goal is really not good for a guy who is at best a marginal nhl player.

are you talking about when he missed making a hit?

2 hours ago, canuckfromlangley said:

I still believe had we played in the Pacific division this year we finish 3rd or 4th and are in the playoffs. 

Is that good enough tho? Like what is the end goal here are we trying to tread water or?

Yes once you’re in you have a shot but as we saw last year and with many other teams, standing in front of a carnival mirror isn’t a true reflection of what you are.

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

This is a very interesting article about the Canucks’ upcoming offseason. Personally, it’s a lock we walk from Sutter, Baer, and possibly Edler. We have to re-sign OJ, Lind, Huggy Bear and Petey. All of which represent the present and the future of the team. It’s looking more like a watch and see approach from here on out tbh

Yeah, time to move on