The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching Next Season

Who do you want to see back?  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes to Green and Clarke. Clarke for obvious reasons. Green minus B&B because I think Green is a good motivator but he needs better help on special teams in particular. 

But if all three are a package deal then I'd like to see a full swap out, I don't see this team taking the next step running the same way next year. 

10 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Who do you want to see back? 

Does it really matter as far as fan approval? Who ever winds up being the coach(es) for next season, there will be complaints regarding the power play, or penalty kill, or how the kids aren't being played, or how there isn't enough of a veteran presence to shelter the young guys, or that the team doesn't need a tough guy, or that the team needs an enforcer, and so on ad nauseum.

regards,  G.

• Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 1
1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

Does it really matter as far as fan approval? Who ever winds up being the coach(es) for next season, there will be complaints regarding the power play, or penalty kill, or how the kids aren't being played, or how there isn't enough of a veteran presence to shelter the young guys, or that the team doesn't need a tough guy, or that the team needs an enforcer, and so on ad nauseum.

regards,  G.

I guess there's just no point to it all eh?

Sure for Clarke to come back.  For Green, I am okay.

The other two I am so sorry to say no.

I like some previous Canucks' players to be add to the Coach group, Burrows is my first choice.

If Edler retires after this season, he is my second choice.

12 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i'm not knowledgable enough about coaching to make those determinations unless this is just a popularity contest.

Me neither, to be honest.  I'm just playing along for fun.

Go Canucks Go!

BQ: See above.

Posted (edited)

I dunno this guy has all the right stuff to me for our coach next year. I mean he could work on his teaching skill01-franchise2_1_assign_staff_coach.jpg

Edited by Shekky
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, SNuck said:

I guess there's just no point to it all eh?

With regret, an argument could be made for that position. Around here it does often seem like a dog chasing its own tail. At times the trench warfare makes this place kinda' dull. Fortunately, it's baseball season, but if I do want to hang out here then I look up things in White Noise (for the most part). Seldomly I poke my nose into the hockey stuff and usually only when something kind of significant catches my eye.

regards,  G.

I started the season about 80/20 on Green and am down to 50/50. Brown has got to go as the pp has just not come through at so many crucial moments in games and has been the turning point for all the wrong reasons. It doesn’t seem like he has brought anything new in quite awhile. Baumgartner needs to go, no explanation required. Clark is an important keep.

My question is who hired the assistants. Are they Greens choices? If so and Green wants to keep them then I agree with Jimmy McGill that it needs to be a housecleaning. How can I not question Green’s decision-making if he likes the job the two NB’s are doing?

59c0vf.gif

• Hydration 3
Just now, 4petesake said:

I started the season about 80/20 on Green and am down to 50/50. Brown has got to go as the pp has just not come through at so many crucial moments in games and has been the turning point for all the wrong reasons. It doesn’t seem like he has brought anything new in quite awhile. Baumgartner needs to go, no explanation required. Clark is an important keep.

My question is who hired the assistants. Are they Greens choices? If so and Green wants to keep them then I agree with Jimmy McGill that it needs to be a housecleaning. How can I not question Green’s decision-making if he likes the job the two NB’s are doing?

59c0vf.gif

I'd argue that even if they're not his choice, they're his responsibility. 

• Hydration 4

Our PP ranks higher than our goals per game and our PK ranks higher than our goals against per game, which suggests that Brown isn't actually doing horribly and that it's even strength hockey hurting us more. The only one I said to get rid of is Baumgartner, as I think we really shouldn't be as bad as we are with that D-corps and Demko.

Clark, yes

Don't really care about the other guys.  If we do bring them back, we better back them with a better team.

• Hydration 2