The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blackhawks player from 2010 championship team suing team for sexual assault by coach

Rate this topic

“In the years following the abuse of plaintiff, John Doe, by Aldrich, Plaintiff was subjected to humiliating trash talking by his teammates during scrimmages where coaches were present,” the court documents say. “The Blackhawks… permitted its players to repeatedly harass plaintiff by calling him a ‘f****t,’ and asking him if he couldn’t focus because he ‘wanted to suck someone off,’ among other similar harassing statements.”

https://www.tsn.ca/former-blackhawks-player-describes-alleged-sexual-assault-in-new-court-filing-1.1671682

Don't even know what to say, absolutely disgusting.

• Sad 2

They asked me who knew and I gave them names, basically everybody on the team,” Boynton told TSN in an interview on Wednesday. “I said everybody f---ing knew about it. I said you can talk to the coaches. …I said talk to Torch [former assistant coach John Torchetti]. I called out Brian Campbell, and said talk to Patrick Sharp and talk to Kaner [Patrick Kane]. …The training staff knew. I’m sick of this wall of silence.”

https://www.tsn.ca/boynton-investigators-probing-alleged-abuse-of-former-blackhawks-players-ask-who-knew-1.1674971

We're starting to see which of these individuals have any integrity whatsoever and which will embarrassingly stick with their pathetic denials.  Their so called leadership group are looking absolutely cowardly in their silence. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Fanuck said:

They asked me who knew and I gave them names, basically everybody on the team,” Boynton told TSN in an interview on Wednesday. “I said everybody f---ing knew about it. I said you can talk to the coaches. …I said talk to Torch [former assistant coach John Torchetti]. I called out Brian Campbell, and said talk to Patrick Sharp and talk to Kaner [Patrick Kane]. …The training staff knew. I’m sick of this wall of silence.”

https://www.tsn.ca/boynton-investigators-probing-alleged-abuse-of-former-blackhawks-players-ask-who-knew-1.1674971

We're starting to see which of these individuals have any integrity whatsoever and which will embarrassingly stick with their pathetic denials.  Their so called leadership group are looking absolutely cowardly in their silence. 

Quick what if; let's turn this in to a Canuck comparison:

If the Canucks had know about the now multiple allegations against Jake, and had done nothing for years.

Fans would be burning player jerseys on the street, and the protest in front of the rink would result in the immediate dismissal of almost everyone in the head office.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, gurn said:

Quick what if; let's turn this in to a Canuck comparison:

If the Canucks had know about the now multiple allegations against Jake, and had done nothing for years.

Fans would be burning player jerseys on the street, and the protest in front of the rink would result in the immediate dismissal of almost everyone in the head office.

I agree that would happen, but it's worse than that.  If the victim was a player's wife, and the teammates were chirping her husband about it for years afterwards, we'd be getting somewhere.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Believe this when it happens and only after players like Sopel and Boynton publicly say the process and outcome were legitimate as you know these guys are going to be hyper-critical of the entire process. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t see NHL doing anything about this situation besides wishing for it to go away.

It is all about the revenue and trying to stay relevant.

Besides Canada, few markets in the U.S and several E.U countries, everyone else could give two $&!#s about the hockey.

Also the fact that this involves one of the largest U.S markets in Chicago, few other problems remain.

Bowman name is attached to 17 Stanley cups, Bergevin is in Montreal, coach Q is HOF bound and in FL and Cheveldayoff is in Winnipeg. No way that if these allegations are true, these guys didn’t know about it in 2010.

That is a lot of top names involved that should be punished by the NHL if these allegations are true.

Sadly cbh, I think it will come down to the Hawks/NHL not entertaining the will to follow this matter through to any and all ends and making those responsible and complicit accountable.   They'll each pick convenient 'fall guys' who are far enough removed from the team now to have no real consequence and give them just the right amount of punishment  to appease both the lawyers and media relations people (but not the victims) and sadly,  after they do that, this will go away unfortunately.   If you take what Boynton said as honest truth the entire Hawks leadership group including Toews,  Kane, Sharp, Kieth and Seabrook all knew and did little or nothing  - this is morally reprehensible but legally a grey area unfortunately so guaranteed they're going scott-free.  

• Cheers 2

Call me a cynic but they will have the report, I doubt it will really do a full investigation and the public conclusion was that we made mistakes but couldn’t have known that at the time and will do better next time.

if the report actually is serious I bet all the key details are redacted anyway making the public version basically a few words and a lot of black marker 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Call me a cynic but they will have the report, I doubt it will really do a full investigation and the public conclusion was that we made mistakes but couldn’t have known that at the time and will do better next time.

if the report actually is serious I bet all the key details are redacted anyway making the public version basically a few words and a lot of black marker 

I worked as a consultant for 10 years, I can tell you with certainly the outcome of the report was decided before the contract to do the work was signed. It won't tell us anything we don't already know, and it certainly won't leave he Hawks management at any sort of criminal risk. 

• Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I worked as a consultant for 10 years, I can tell you with certainly the outcome of the report was decided before the contract to do the work was signed. It won't tell us anything we don't already know, and it certainly won't leave he Hawks management at any sort of criminal risk. 

Sadly, any reasonable person understood this was a predetermined outcome when the accused (Hawks) hired and paid the investigation team.  

How anyone could expect an impartial outcome from these circumstances is beyond me.  The entire situation has no chance of getting justice for the victims unfortunately - its a farce and I hope the victims lawyers make it a very public issue. 

• Vintage 3

56 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Sadly, any reasonable person understood this was a predetermined outcome when the accused (Hawks) hired and paid the investigation team.  

How anyone could expect an impartial outcome from these circumstances is beyond me.  The entire situation has no chance of getting justice for the victims unfortunately - its a farce and I hope the victims lawyers make it a very public issue. 

the firm doesn't need to lie, but the contract will have terms of engagement about what ends up in the report. So that shapes what we'll all see in the end. It won't do anything for the victims. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1