The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seth Jones [Proposal]

15 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

Or, you can just, you know, read what he actually said verbatim and take it at face value rather than putting your own spin on it. 

I read exactly what he said.  Can you provide the quote where he says he is happy in Columbus and is looking forward to an extension?  

Pat Brisson is his agent.  I don't think things are going to end well for Columbus...

51 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's already indicated that he wants out of Columbus.  He's not re-signing there.

I'm just looking for the bit where he actually said what YOU reported he said and is planning on doing. But, I don't see it anywhere, bud. You're speculating. Perhaps, voicing an opinion, even. But, opinions aren't proven facts. 

12 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

They would only move Seth Jones if they absolutely feel that they will lose him for nothing in one year anyway. CBJ mgmt won't be letting on if that is the case but it is worth a crack to see what we could get. I would propose:

To CBJ: Miller + Schmidt + 2021 2nd round pick

To VAN: Jones + Jenner

Then this to the Sabres (esp if they feel Reinhart will walk too):

To BUF: 2021 1st round pick (unprotected) + Lind + Roussel

To VAN: Reinhart

Waive Loui, buy out Virtanen, sign Reinhart for $7m, total cap hit $80.5m per capfriendly 

2021-22 lineup:

Pearson Horvat Reinhart

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Motte Jenner Podkolzin

Gadjovich Beagle MacEwen

(Highmore)

Hughes Jones

Juolevi Myers

Rathbone Hamonic

(Bowey)

Demko

(Holtby)

that first trade is perfecto!

the second trade I believe is a tad too opportunistic, my initial offer was no better.

how about 2021 1st, motte, DiPietro,Bailey,Roussel,3rd 2021 For Reinhart,Borgen and the rights to Ryley Sheahan

Trade Myers, Gadj and a pick for Jones

Re-sign Hamonic

Let Edler walk

If out of Top 3:

Draft Guenther, Beniers, or Eklund (upgrades on Gadj)

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Guenther/Beniers/Eklund - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - ?? - Podkolzin

Hughes - Jones (upgrade on Myers)

Rathbone - Hamonic

Juolevi - Schmidt

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Did they though? PLD doesn't look all that good.

Both guys may be slumping but even when he's not scoring, PLD offers other things (plays gritty and has a two-way game that fit into the Jackets' tight checking style, along with versatility that Laine doesn't have).  Also bottom line is that Columbus is looking for a #1 C and Jones should be a major piece going the other way in such an acquisition.

Edited by Phil_314

5 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

that first trade is perfecto!

the second trade I believe is a tad too opportunistic, my initial offer was no better.

how about 2021 1st, motte, DiPietro,Bailey,Roussel,3rd 2021 For Reinhart,Borgen and the rights to Ryley Sheahan

Thanks.

Yes I'd do that BUF trade but not sure BUF would want to throw Borgen in as an after thought. Sheehan is UFA so his rights not worth anything?

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

Thanks.

Yes I'd do that BUF trade but not sure BUF would want to throw Borgen in as an after thought. Sheehan is UFA so his rights not worth anything?

i valued borgen as a upgrade from 4th to 3rd pick, sheehan is indeed just a throw in. he would be a top notch depth  player

4 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

i valued borgen as a upgrade from 4th to 3rd pick, sheehan is indeed just a throw in. he would be a top notch depth  player

I guess if BUF are going full rebuild around Eichel, Cozens, Olofsson, Dahlin, Jokiharju & Ullmark, then they may want the a pick instead of a 24 year old depth Dman.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I guess if BUF are going full rebuild around Eichel, Cozens, Olofsson, Dahlin, Jokiharju & Ullmark, then they may want the a pick instead of a 24 year old depth Dman.

I'm just spit balling, Hav'n a time. i thought as a big bodied RHD thats cost controlled and didn't have atrocious numbers on last place Buffalo, he might be of some value to our team.

i'm a big  supporter of quality depth Players, Better have a plan C in place than  rely  on waiver fodder.

Edited by Petey_BOI

On 5/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, PunjabiCanucks said:

May get wrecked for this but lets give it a shot. CBJ may need to enter a re tool era and with that Seth Jones will be entering his prime. Rather it being wasted in CBJ he would make a good add for us especially with Edler retiring soon.

We trade our 2022 first round pick (avoid trading or high pick this year) (Also top 10 protected!), becomes a 2023 1st if not next season and a conditional 3rd rounder + Jake Virtanen (assuming his career remains), plus Lind. We may have to add a pick or prospect on top. 

Seth Jones is a player who is, very much, on my radar.

A big, right shot defender who can put up points and defend well.

If, in fact, Jones would be considered in a deal, Kekalainen has an asset he could get a big haul with. 

To try and throw a potential disaster in Virtanen, an unproven in Lind, a mid round pick, and a protected first round pick in a weak draft, could be considered an insult.

There is a way that we can turn the tables in a deal.

Quinn Hughes for Seth Jones and their first in this years draft and next year.

The angle on this deal is that th Blue Jackets need a dynamic powerplay defender that can feed Laine from the point nightly. QH is that.

I make QH available because I see a great partnership in Rathbone and Jones. Rathbone, at least early, is showing to be a much better defender and makes better blueline decisions. Defense is something QH is lacking. I am much more comfortable with him on the blueline. I am also not comfortable with our defense becoming small. 

Quinn Hughes is the much younger defender and is superior in offense. He would be in Columbus for many years. I think the firsts coming to us is fair.

Jones brings two way play with good offensive numbers and the size to be effective in the defensive zone. He is also a right shot which is something we desperately need. As I also said he's older and won't have the shelf life that Hughes will.

I see it as a win win for both sides.

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

Quinn Hughes for Seth Jones and their first in this years draft and next year.

The angle on this deal is that th Blue Jackets need a dynamic powerplay defender that can feed Laine from the point nightly. QH is that.

So your deal is Jones + CBJ 2021 1st + CBJ 2022 1st.....for Hughes.

Realistically VAN is not going to trade Hughes. But that is a heck of an offer. If Jones wasn't UFA in one more season, I would take it.

CBJ has Zac Werenski who is already that PP point Dman that can feed Laine.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:16 PM, BigTramFan said:

They would only move Seth Jones if they absolutely feel that they will lose him for nothing in one year anyway. CBJ mgmt won't be letting on if that is the case but it is worth a crack to see what we could get. I would propose:

To CBJ: Miller + Schmidt + 2021 2nd round pick

To VAN: Jones + Jenner

Then this to the Sabres (esp if they feel Reinhart will walk too):

To BUF: 2021 1st round pick (unprotected) + Lind + Roussel

To VAN: Reinhart

Waive Loui, buy out Virtanen, sign Reinhart for $7m, total cap hit $80.5m per capfriendly 

2021-22 lineup:

Pearson Horvat Reinhart

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Motte Jenner Podkolzin

Gadjovich Beagle MacEwen

(Highmore)

Hughes Jones

Juolevi Myers

Rathbone Hamonic

(Bowey)

Demko

(Holtby)

I actually think Jenner makes a lot of sense for us. I personally am a big fan of Jones, but this scenario is very unlikely to happen. I think Jenner is a really good target for us, he is a pain in the ass to play against, can chip in, good pker and extremely physical.