The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seth Jones [Proposal]

I think a 1st (2021 or 2022) + Rathbone/Juolevi + roster player (Virtanen/Sutter) would be sufficient value.

Would I do it? Not if that 1st round pick ends up being a player like Power or Luke Hughes. 

Jones is a physical, consistent 40-50 point defenceman but has been exposed in Columbus and is arguably the victim of poor team defence rather than the cause of it. Still, even a top-10 protected 1st and Rathbone could easily be two top-4 defencemen who may be just as good as Seth.

On 5/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, PunjabiCanucks said:

May get wrecked for this but lets give it a shot. CBJ may need to enter a re tool era and with that Seth Jones will be entering his prime. Rather it being wasted in CBJ he would make a good add for us especially with Edler retiring soon.

We trade our 2022 first round pick (avoid trading or high pick this year) (Also top 10 protected!), becomes a 2023 1st if not next season and a conditional 3rd rounder + Jake Virtanen (assuming his career remains), plus Lind. We may have to add a pick or prospect on top. 

I'm sorry dude, but that offer doesnt even come close. Declining numbers and being on the tail end of a contract may have dropped his value a bit, but you're still looking at something like a top end player like Boeser, Bo or Miller, a high pick and a good prospect to land Jones. Number 1 Dmen dont grow in trees.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot