The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hospital Shortage

Hospital decisions  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Been there, done that. Remained healthy for over 6 years and when I called to make an appointment was told I was no long a patient there despite having been one of the first patients in that clinic when it first opened it's doors 20 years earlier. I was beside myself so asked for my medical records so I could transfer to a doctor in another clinic only to be told that my records had been destroyed due to my lack of appointments. Like you, I absolutely refused to be put off...how is it legal to 'destroy' someone's medical records without even attempting to contact them? How is it that healthy patients are being 'punished' for remaining healthy and not clogging up the system with useless or frivolous appointments? In a time when doctors (as we were, here in the North) were hard to recruit and the remaining ones were refusing to take on 'new' patients, what is a person to do?

Needless to say, I remain a patient at my original clinic.... and it's sad indeed that we must 'fight' to retain our medical records and place at a clinic because we're 'too healthy'. It boggles the mind, the lack of logic involved.

Didn't mean to derail the convo.....it's just that the post I've responded to hit very close to home.

I told my buddy on my rec hockey team who is an RN about my situation (getting injured and then being dropped by my physician because I never make appointments) and he said I should be making regular appointments (2-3x per calendar year) regardless.  I told him that doesn't seem right when I don't need to see a doctor - he said unless I do I will just get dropped as a patient again so it's my choice what to do.  He said even if I'm not ill/injured I should make up something somewhat benign that won't clog up the system with crazy tests like some kind of ongoing elbow pain or something like that where the doctor will simply assess and prescribe rest/anti-inflammatory meds. 

The whole conversation seemed bizarre to me, as someone who does exactly what any health professional would recommend, I now need to 'make stuff up' to keep my doctor?  Like so many other things in our society the system just seems so a$$-backwards and as you say, people doing the right things in their lives are being punished while others recklessly live unhealthy lifestyles and can have unlimited access to health care because people like you and I keep working and paying for them. 

• Vintage 1

22 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I am getting so frustrated than my 79 yr old vaccinated mother has had her Aorta Heart Valve Replacement surgery cancelled for the 3rd time now because of Covid Patients  taking space

Is it wrong for me to think that once all have been given the opportunity to have a vaccine, the priorities of rooms and surgeries should go to people that have been vaccinated?

Why not make all those who aren't vaccinated wear a yellow star? Perhaps they should be restricted to one side of the street? Perhaps they should be made to sit at the back of the bus? Or perhaps they should be made to drink from another water fountain?

Ethical medical standards in Canada explicitly require the informed consent of all patients regarding any suggested medical procedure. Doctors must provide their patients with all information/documentation for/against said medical treatment/drug/vaccine. However, there's been a catastrophic failure to disclose this information.

Questions like "What is the contents in this mRNA "vaccine?" or "What exhaustive studies have been done to show their efficacy?" etc.. are not being properly answered. Doctors are in violation of their hypocratic oath to "first do no harm" if they fail to provide access to this data.

The censoring and silencing of thousands of virologists, epidemiologists, microbiologists, and regular family doctors who are opposed to the currently accepted COVID protocols and vaccines is another way in which informed consent is being denied. Until this information is freely provided and these doctors are allowed to speak, millions of Canadians will continue to regard recommendations like "get the shot" with deep suspicions, and rightfully so!

The Nazi physician Josef Mengele had his justifications for denying medical treatment to Jewish prisoners, not to mention his deadly experiments on prisoners against their will. If he was around today, I'm sure he'd agree with you. My mother, whose on the verge of going blind has had her surgery cancelled as well. I know your anger, but it's misdirected.