The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israelis and Hamas Conflict/ Netanyahu Out as PM - Coalition Led by Bennett Take Over

DonLever

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Yup.  A 60-59 vote that "ends" two years of paralysis with 4 deadlocked elections.  I think the odds are pretty good in your favour.  

Not only that, the coalition is crazy broad. It includes Bennett, who is outspokenly right wing. It also includes an Islamist/Arab party and a Green party. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, taxi said:

Not only that, the coalition is crazy broad. It includes Bennett, who is outspokenly right wing. It also includes an Islamist/Arab party and a Green party. 

That illustrates the level of disgust the rest of the Knesset holds for Netanyahu.

8 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Settlers on occupied land protected by the IDF. 

I just came here to post this. In the past all we knew of the conflict was what we were told and shown by those who had their own agendas. Unfortunately that narrative is still prevalent amongst the western world but the prominence of social media has given us a much clearer picture of what is really happening there. The court of public opinion is rapidly changing. Well, maybe not  rapidly, but it's changing. That being said it may be tough to convice the alt right of anything other than brown man bad but the rest of us are watching with our eyes and ears open. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I just came here to post this. In the past all we knew of the conflict was what we were told and shown by those who had their own agendas. Unfortunately that narrative is still prevalent amongst the western world but the prominence of social media has given us a much clearer picture of what is really happening there. The court of public opinion is rapidly changing. Well, maybe not  rapidly, but it's changing. That being said it may be tough to convice the alt right of anything other than brown man bad but the rest of us are watching with our eyes and ears open. 

I think it has been @Unknuck that has been posting information/ fact checking that demonstrates the false narrative coming out of Israel.

I have been posting for years in multiple threads about this subject on this board about the facts of this conflict.

Some people's minds will never be changed because their minds are not open.

Not just on this subject but on everything.

Facts mean nothing to peoples strongly held beliefs.

17 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I think it has been @Unknuck that has been posting information/ fact checking that demonstrates the false narrative coming out of Israel.

I have been posting for years in multiple threads about this subject on this board about the facts of this conflict.

Some people's minds will never be changed because their minds are not open.

Not just on this subject but on everything.

Facts mean nothing to peoples strongly held beliefs.

Close, but it's UKNuck96 that's been doing those posts in this thread.

• Thanks 1