Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Draft. Luke Hughes...

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we win 1st 

Once upon a time there was a nice team called the Canucks who were cursed with bad luck.....

 

On a serious note, that would be great.  

  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the draft previews I've seen have Power, Clarke and Edvinsson, then Hughes. 

This draft is going to be wild. But the Canucks really should not be trading away any picks. I think this will be a deep draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Most of the draft previews I've seen have Power, Clarke and Edvinsson, then Hughes. 

This draft is going to be wild. But the Canucks really should not be trading away any picks. I think this will be a deep draft. 

I think Wallstedt is the real wildcard. I could see both Seattle or Detroit picking him high and then that helps bump a lot of good options down to us. 

 

If we miss out on Clarke, Hughes and Edvinsson, I wonder if Jim will try to trade to move down or pick up another veteran player? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joe-max said:

Hopefully Benning's decision is not guided by thoughts like "it would be cool stuff" or "look, there is someone's brother available".

 

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Agreed. 

Nuck fans live in a fantasy world.

 

 

2 hours ago, tas said:

hell, the strategy worked so beautifully with sean pronger, steve kariya and fedor fedorov, how could we possibly go wrong? 

 

2 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

Or most recently another defense brother, Jordan Subban

Yeah, and those Sedin guys. Never should have drafted the 2nd one and kept the assets.

 

And don't be knocking Fedor. Without him the Canucks might never have brought Bieksa up to the NHL.

 

                                               regards,  G.

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Clarke is 6’2 far from a shrimp lol

exactly! I want a stud dman. Not a pp quarterback.

 

Don't know much about Hughes though 

Edited by Chris12345
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea man same. A stable boring big dman 

Hes pretty electric imo and a right handed shot. Would solidify our D core for a decade or more. Would be pretty exciting 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are picking top 5, I can't see us going wrong with any of the picks. 

 

For reference here are my rankings: 

1. Owen Power 

2. Brandt Clarke

3. Matty Beniers

4. William Eklund

5. Luke Hughes

6. Jesper Wallstedt

7. Dylan Guenther

8. Kent Johnson

9. Chaz Lucius

10. Fabian Lysell

 

A little gut-feeling/mock:

Detroit picks Wallstedt wherever they are picking (if available). Stevie Y again looks like a genius in the future.

New Jersey should have high interest in Eklund with last years pick Holtz and him having incredible chemistry. Ignore their need for defensive depth.  

Seattle pick a center not named Eklund. Kent Johnson is my prediction if Beniers is gone by the time they pick. 

Columbus pick a forward. 

Anaheim also pick a forward

Ottawa pick a defensemen

Owen Power will not be the first overall selection

 

Kinda silly doing this not knowing the draft order. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

If we are picking top 5, I can't see us going wrong with any of the picks. 

 

For reference here are my rankings: 

1. Owen Power 

2. Brandt Clarke

3. Matty Beniers

4. William Eklund

5. Luke Hughes

6. Jesper Wallstedt

7. Dylan Guenther

8. Kent Johnson

9. Chaz Lucius

10. Fabian Lysell

 

A little gut-feeling/mock:

Detroit picks Wallstedt wherever they are picking (if available). Stevie Y again looks like a genius in the future.

New Jersey should have high interest in Eklund with last years pick Holtz and him having incredible chemistry. Ignore their need for defensive depth.  

Seattle pick a center not named Eklund. Kent Johnson is my prediction if Beniers is gone by the time they pick. 

Columbus pick a forward. 

Anaheim also pick a forward

Ottawa pick a defensemen

Owen Power will not be the first overall selection

 

Kinda silly doing this not knowing the draft order. 

 

 

Its not silly at all. Its fun. Look at what we are gonna get. One of them awesome players 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

 

 

 

Yeah, and those Sedin guys. Never should have drafted the 2nd one and kept the assets.

 

And don't be knocking Fedor. Without him the Canucks might never have brought Bieksa up to the NHL.

 

                                               regards,  G.

Wonder if we have anyone around, that can piss Gadjovic or Woo off, so we get to see them quicker...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

If we are picking top 5, I can't see us going wrong with any of the picks. 

 

For reference here are my rankings: 

1. Owen Power 

2. Brandt Clarke

3. Matty Beniers

4. William Eklund

5. Luke Hughes

6. Jesper Wallstedt

7. Dylan Guenther

8. Kent Johnson

9. Chaz Lucius

10. Fabian Lysell

 

A little gut-feeling/mock:

Detroit picks Wallstedt wherever they are picking (if available). Stevie Y again looks like a genius in the future.

New Jersey should have high interest in Eklund with last years pick Holtz and him having incredible chemistry. Ignore their need for defensive depth.  

Seattle pick a center not named Eklund. Kent Johnson is my prediction if Beniers is gone by the time they pick. 

Columbus pick a forward. 

Anaheim also pick a forward

Ottawa pick a defensemen

Owen Power will not be the first overall selection

 

Kinda silly doing this not knowing the draft order. 

 

 

What about Edvinsson? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Wait what? Why? His team can't field a forward?

Lol. Guy is a troll. 6 years at the position at a high lvl is enough to convince me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

178

He’s 18.  Still lots of filling out to do as he matures, right?  Might be another Petey too.  But looking at th3 dad, and he’s a block.  Luke likely fills out around 200.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...