Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laine "I can't play hockey anymore"

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Turns down offer to play for Finland at the World Championships

Tough spot for and hard not to feel bad for Columbus.  The Dubois trade now looks super good for Winnipeg...as for Laine I hope he's flounders and is out of the league in a few years and playing fortnite.  Will never forgive the comments he made about us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Turns down offer to play for Finland at the World Championships

Tough spot for and hard not to feel bad for Columbus.  The Dubois trade now looks super good for Winnipeg...as for Laine I hope he's flounders and is out of the league in a few years and playing fortnite.  Will never forgive the comments he made about us.

Zero sympathy for their club in terms of this situation.  Their GM made that move - he could have made others, but he chose that one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Zero sympathy for their club in terms of this situation.  Their GM made that move - he could have made others, but he chose that one. 

He got Roslovic too who outperformed Dubois. 

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BENN said:

Laine is elite, one dimensional but elite.

hockey fans are harsh about him , don`t know why.

His shot is elite, but nothing else about him is elite. Not saying it as a hater. People compare Laine to Ovi. But Ovi is a physical force, that can skate like the wind, and has underrated hands. Again, Laine is just good at slapping pucks accurately and really hard.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

His shot is elite, but nothing else about him is elite. Not saying it as a hater. People compare Laine to Ovi. But Ovi is a physical force, that can skate like the wind, and has underrated hands. Again, Laine is just good at slapping pucks accurately and really hard.

Laine is such a tantalizing player. If he puts everything together, he can be among the greats. His defensive game is subpar though. I really think we should be really happy about Boeser and how he has shown commitment to improving his game. I hope Boeser can get 40 goals in the near future.

 

Also, the blame towards Torts is a bit overstated. Torts EXPECTS accountability in his players - and Laine has shown little proof that he cares about the other sides of his games thus far in his career. Of course it wasn't going to be a fit. The problem is with Laine. It's not Tortorella's fault that Laine is lazy.

Laine is easily 3 times the player that Virtanen is right now, yet you can't help but want more of those tantalizing skillsets that both players have.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Laine is such a tantalizing player. If he puts everything together, he can be among the greats. His defensive game is subpar though. I really think we should be really happy about Boeser and how he has shown commitment to improving his game. I hope Boeser can get 40 goals in the near future.

Absolutely Dazz.  Boes is so underrated by a lot of fans.  He's greatly improved his complete game and his wrist has healed, so his shot is elite again.  You can see that he worked hard over the off season and came prepared.  At 24yrs he is only going to get better.

Imo, if you look at the whole season, Boes is the MVP. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol at the Laine hate. Kids a superstar. Just needs a mental break from a crap season.

 

His usage and line mates absolutely demoralized him. Play him to his strengths and watch him succeed like any other player would.

 

Hope Columbus can find some top 6 players to play with him and a coach that utilizes him properly.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a drama queen.

He's getting paid millions and literally has playing a sport as his career. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. 

 

Professional sports athletes are more privileged than regular people and they should recognize and be thankful for the situation they are in rather than complaining at how "unfair" things are at the moment. 

  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...