The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Babych please 

No that’s the opposite of what we should be doing.

Best people for the position. Stop going back to the 94 well. That’s how the Oilers got in the mess they were in before they were gifted McJesus.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The scary thing is I’m not sure he knows at this point.

In the beginning I could see the type of team he was trying to build. Now it seems like he has no clue how to build a team with an identity.

Someone out there could know how but it's not Benning,  he's had more ample time.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The scary thing is I’m not sure he knows at this point.

In the beginning I could see the type of team he was trying to build. Now it seems like he has no clue how to build a team with an identity.

I'll take a baby step of seeing the team with a decent strategy for both offence and defence and special teams.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

On Dahli & Donnie they had a bunch of season ticket holders telling them they weren't renewing with the status quo.

Definitely unrest in the market. As much as I wasn't a fan of it; alot of people did go to the length of getting a banner flown over the city.  

Problem with this kind of absolutism, is there there's a hundred thousand other social ladder climbers behind them who are willing to toss down the munz just to tell others what 'they got'. Season's ticket holders are by FAR the least important of the fan base.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not sure trotting out more players from the 94 team is the answer. Seems like the Aquilinis are just trying to earn back fans good feelings towards the team.

Hire a president first and then go from there!

Thought that was what Linden hire was for. I am still disappointed he left/ got fired.

Edited by Jaimito

I'm usually not the one to attach myself to "fire everyone" bandwagons but the way I see it, it's time for a new direction. JB has had 7 years. Time for someone else to kick the can. Wouldn't mind Greener coming back though. Not sure on the assistants. 

A rare european time so I can actually watch it live. We look sluggish and disinterested and I'm not surprised. Let's look ahead to next year! :)

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

On Dahli & Donnie they had a bunch of season ticket holders telling them they weren't renewing with the status quo.

Definitely unrest in the market. As much as I wasn't a fan of it; alot of people did go to the length of getting a banner flown over the city.  

did they have a bunch of season ticket holders on to say keep Jim?

Probably not, don't get as many clicks, viewers or listeners that way.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Thought that was what Linden hire was for. I am still disappointed he left.

Again best person for the job. Linden was clearly just seen as a figure head.

The owners need to hire the best president available and then step aside and let them do their thing.

• Like 1