The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, DeNiro said:

“Other than Buffalo”

Are you just reading what you want to read?

So because Buffalo sucks let’s just ignore every other top team right now that has tanked? Gotcha.

I added more to it and sorry recently had a pretty severe concussion. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Of course but asking players to not play hard or to lose on purpose is unrealistic 

The problem is Green playing Edler for 30 minutes or Hughes so much like we are battling for a playoff spot in a meaningless game where we could maybe play some of the younger guys like Graovac or chatfield or rathbone more. You know, just to see what we have. We already know what Demko is capable of but do we know how Dipietro looks? No? What if seattle picks Holtby? I mean this organization is making itself look like a mickey mouse organization from last off season to now. Its becoming a joke. I wonder why they are quarantining Gadjovic and Lockwood? For off season golf?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

what results are Buffalo reaping? Reinhart and Eichel both want out...

Colorado rebuild has been rebuilding for nearly a decade with ups and downs. Including some calling for Sakic’s head.

Point is they got there from tanking.

What is your point even? That we don’t need top picks? 

I could provide endless results of teams that became good and won the cup from tanking. I have a feeling your just trying to convince yourself tanks arent good to make yourself feel better though.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

Well, I guess we need to lose 3 in a row now, great. :picard: Put Vesey in net!  

Moving from draft spot 4 to 9 is not going to help. And with Seattle expansion pick, that means 5 to10. Add in 2 lottery bumps and it's 7 to 12. We are definitely picking 12. It's the Canuck way to lose the worst way possible.

Tanking is never an option. Period. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

The problem is Green playing Edler for 30 minutes or Hughes so much like we are battling for a playoff spot in a meaningless game where we could maybe play some of the younger guys like Graovac or chatfield or rathbone more. You know, just to see what we have. We already know what Demko is capable of but do we know how Dipietro looks? No? What if seattle picks Holtby? I mean this organization is making itself look like a mickey mouse organization from last off season to now. Its becoming a joke. I wonder why they are quarantining Gadjovic and Lockwood? For off season golf?

Well most of us know why lockwood and gadj aint playing right now. 

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

No Demko and this team is getting cooked. Another 40 SOG night for him. That needs to stop next szn. 

It will only change with a move away from.their current passive approach in the defensive end.  Teams are consistently picking them apart and only stellar goaltending allows them to not get embarrassed every  game.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Tanking is never an option. Period. 

Too proud right?

We’ll be the proudest team to never win a cup.

The same people that complain that we’re not as good as teams like Tampa and Colorado are the same ones saying we can never tank...

Seems to be some confusion about how those teams got where they are.

• Like 1

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

It will only change with a move away from.their current passive approach in the defensive end.  Teams are consistently picking them apart and only stellar goaltending allows them to not get embarrassed every  game.   

Demko is saving everyone's job rn. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Canucks fans already convincing themselves we don’t need a top pick?

Im sure those players are really good, problem is we need great players. Those players are harder to identify as you move towards 10 and later.

The top picks in this draft don't even matter. A lot of the time players ranked highly at the beginning of the year fall way back and others move way up and this year hardly anyone played. Not only that but the lottery keeps getting won by teams outside the top 5 so who cares where we finish. 

Edited by SirCosmoDuffGordon
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Oh no we beat the Oilers! Some of you don't even sound like Canuck fans. I get wanting a high draft pick but I like seeing our team win, I like seeing our players do well and feel good about their game. You know Highmore is gonna go into next season with confidence and I think he can be a solid bottom 6 contributor.

Highmore and Graovac are welcome back. Maybe Boyd too if Sutter isn't back. Bye to Vesey and Hawrlyuk. Michaelis should be in Abbotsford.

Add Podkolzin (and Petey back) to the top 6 and this team is much better. These guys will be able to take the strong breakout passes Rathbone and Juolevi can dish and actually convert on them.

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself!

• Cheers 2

Just now, SirCosmoDuffGordon said:

The top picks in this draft don't even matter. A lot of the time players ranked highly at the beginning of the year fall way back and others move way up and this year hardly anyone played. Not only that but the lottery keeps getting won by teams outside the top 5 so who care where we finish. 

Problem is we’re not gonna win the lottery, so we want to stay where we are so that we don’t fall farther back.

The top 5 give you way better odds than 6-12. Look at any draft and you’ll see that. Every fan should be hoping for those better odds because they do make a difference.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Point is they got there from tanking.

What is your point even? That we don’t need top picks? 

I could provide endless results of teams that became good and won the cup from tanking. I have a feeling your just trying to convince yourself tanks are good to make yourself feel better though.

My point is and has always been we have very solid scouting. You brought up other teams. 

Colorado has taken a decade and 2 top picks and still have won squat when it matters. Objectively their rebuild has been longer than ours so far with over and underachieving seasons. This playoffs will be a good test for them. 

• Like 1