The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

23 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well Mac sucks, Lind is the only guy even remotely worth protecting. In what world do you give up Motte? That's blindingly naïve.

Just thinking outside the box. I’m talking about protecting Gads and Lind mostly 

25 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well Mac sucks, Lind is the only guy even remotely worth protecting. In what world do you give up Motte? That's blindingly naïve.

I’d give up Motte over MacEwen. The love for Motte on these boards is odd to say the least. He is a replaceable player. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

The same way that Bailey is rated higher than Lind or Gadjovich.  Matured earlier, showed more, better pedigree.  We dont even know if Gadjovich has adequate enough foot speed to play in the NHL.

All this talk of "must protect him" amuses me.  No way Seattle picks a totally unknown quantity... and it's not as though they are having to staff a farm team this winter,  they will start their Palm Springs team for the 2022-23 season, and this winter will disperse their prospects throughout the other AHL teams, much like Vegas did their early years

They most likely taking motte. We will

know more after watching gadj play these next couple games.

I'd protect Motte, but what do I know? Premium penalty killer, good speed, good hands, hits, can play up and down the line. If he's exposed, he's taken.  Are we sure Lind and Gadjovich are better alternatives than Motte?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Exposing Lind, MacEwen or Gadjovich has nothing to do with exposing Myers.  You need to protect 7 forwards and 3 D.  So if you're exposing Myers who are you protecting in his place?  Madison Bowey?  

Do Quinn or OJ need protection?

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Do Quinn or OJ need protection?

Quinn no, OJ yes.  OJ, Schmidt and Myers.  Those are the 3 spots.  If you leave Myers unprotected then you would need to protect Bowey or Brisebois.  Benning would get laughed out of the league if that scenario happened.

22 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’d give up Motte over MacEwen. The love for Motte on these boards is odd to say the least. He is a replaceable player. 

Agreed.

Shows how rare its been that we’ve had really good bottom 6 players.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Quinn no, OJ yes.  OJ, Schmidt and Myers.  Those are the 3 spots.  If you leave Myers unprotected then you would need to protect Bowey or Brisebois.  Benning would get laughed out of the league if that scenario happened.

Is there another fringe dman? I can't remember? Chatfield?

But yea, there's not much talent to protect.

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I'd protect Motte, but what do I know? Premium penalty killer, good speed, good hands, hits, can play up and down the line. If he's exposed, he's taken.  Are we sure Lind and Gadjovich are better alternatives than Motte?

I like Motte too but my only concern is can his body hold up to the style he plays? His injuries are starting to pile up. That said I haven’t seen enough of Lind yet and obviously none of Gadj so too early to say for me. If Gadj looks promising he has some parts to his game that we are desperate for.

26 minutes ago, Googlie said:

The same way that Bailey is rated higher than Lind or Gadjovich.  Matured earlier, showed more, better pedigree.  We dont even know if Gadjovich has adequate enough foot speed to play in the NHL.

All this talk of "must protect him" amuses me.  No way Seattle picks a totally unknown quantity... and it's not as though they are having to staff a farm team this winter,  they will start their Palm Springs team for the 2022-23 season, and this winter will disperse their prospects throughout the other AHL teams, much like Vegas did their early years

Are u saying they will pick Holtby then? 

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Is there another fringe dman? I can't remember? Chatfield?

But yea, there's not much talent to protect.

Chatfield, Rafferty Teves and Sautner are all UFA's, along with Edler and Hamonic.  For all the whining that is going on Benning has actually done a great job at leaving almost nothing worthwhile for Seattle to steal off our team.  They can have Holtby and an injured Motte.  Lind and Gadjovich will be protected.  So they can have their pick of MacEwen or Highmore.  I would say that is pretty good if one of those guys gets taken.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 3

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

So it’s too soon to credit Benning for Podkolzin but we need what Gadjovich brings? 

Yes because we need as many young players with potential as possible. That’s how you build depth.

You’re trying so hard to argue with me it’s just sad :lol:

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chatfield, Rafferty Teves and Sautner are all UFA's, along with Edler and Hamonic.  For all the whining that is going on Benning has actually done a great job at leaving almost nothing worthwhile for Seattle to steal off our team.  They can have Holtby and an injured Motte.  Lind and Gadjovich will be protected.  So they can have their pick of MacEwen or Highmore.  I would say that is pretty good if one of those guys gets taken.

Agreed.

Having Motte injured right now might be a blessing in disguise. Might be enough for Seattle to steer clear and take Holtby.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes because we need as many young players with potential as possible. That’s how you build depth.

You’re trying so hard to argue with me it’s just sad :lol:

How do we know what Gadj brings at an NHL level? 

You literally used that same argument when I brought up Podkolzin as a good draft pick.

So why is it a good argument when you use it but sad when I do? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Agreed.

Having Motte injured right now might be a blessing in disguise. Might be enough for Seattle to steer clear and take Holtby.

If it's between Holtby and either Highmore or MacEwen I think they will take Holtby.  Unless there is another better goalie out there.  

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

How do we know what Gadj brings at an NHL level? 

You literally used that same argument when I brought up Podkolzin as a good draft pick.

So why is it a good argument when you use it but sad when I do? :ph34r:

When Gadjovich knocks out Tkachuk with one punch next game then you will see his stock rise considerably...  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not to mention his recent rash of head injuries.