The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

Wow! Just wow!  All you guys saying tank, and let's play rookies over vets.

First of all, Green is coaching for a job.  Whether it's still with the canucks or for another organization.  Why would green just put rookies to appease the fans to "tank".  He's a professional and wins/loss records are put on him just like the goalies.  No professional player/coach will stop trying (unless they just don't give a damn about what happens, or forcing a trade out, etc.).  Green has to coach every game to win.  He's not going to be putting rookies in high leverage spots just to "see" what they can do, unless they have either earned the spot, or they're in a position that they have to play them.

So stop with this "tanking" philosophy.  Put yourself in Green's shoes.  You don't have a contract for next season, and you're playing out the season.  Do you throw away your morals and stop coaching and play the rookies or do you try to win and coach to the best of your abilities?  I don't know about you, but if I were in Green's shoes, I'm playing to win all the time.

And what? Aquaman and Benning are gonna look at the season and say "well we missed the playoffs and lost a bunch of games. But he won some meaningless games at the end of the season. Lets bring him back." If anything, playing the kids and showing he can get something out of them would be the best way to win his job back. Assuming it's even in danger. They are the future, not some bum vets that can steal games off teams coasting into the playoffs. Play the kids.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Just thinking outside the box. I’m talking about protecting Gads and Lind mostly 

mac is one of the bottom 6 i would consider keeping on, there's no reason to believe he can't improve on this year. but i don't believe he will be anything other than a 4th liner.

Lind  did not  look ready, doesn't mean he isn't worth protecting.

we didn't see Gadjovich but imo his style of player (slow powerforward) is not  very successful offensively in the NHL (powerplay maybe, but will he ever get  any minutes?). I am really torn on protecting Gadjovich over Motte. Motte  is a excellent player and a real team player.

there is no doubt in my mind motte would be selected if left available. 

we all know bo improved his skating, but it was due to technique not athletic ability

all i know about our ahl prospects other than highlights is whats on dobber hockey. I wonder if they are not playing rafferty on purpose?

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_depthchart.php?team=VAN

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

mac is one of the bottom 6 i would consider keeping on, there's no reason to believe he can't improve on this year. but i don't believe he will be anything other than a 4th liner.

Lind  did not  look ready, doesn't mean he isn't worth protecting.

we didn't see Gadjovich but imo his style of player (slow powerforward) is not  very successful offensively in the NHL (powerplay maybe, but will he ever get  any minutes?). I am really torn on protecting Gadjovich over Motte. Motte  is a excellent player and a real team player.

there is no doubt in my mind motte would be selected if left available. 

we all know bo improved his skating, but it was due to technique not athletic ability

all i know about our ahl prospects other than highlights is whats on dobber hockey. I wonder if they are not playing rafferty on purpose?

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_depthchart.php?team=VAN

Was just looking at Capfriendly actually. Rafferty and Chatfield will both be UFA’s this year as this did not have enough games before age 25. 

Probably right about Motte I was trying to thing creatively as Mottes injuries are a concern. 

The reason I’d want to protect both Lind and Gads is one of them could make an impact. I just don’t know which one. Never seen Gads play after the World Juniors. Lind has a history of adjustment periods in every league he’s stepped into. Tough to say and would hate to risk it 

• Cheers 1