The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

20 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's too bad we won't see Lind, Gadjovich or Lockwood for this one. But we get to see McDavid... yay.

Frankly, I've seen enough of him for awhile.  Heard about it.  Read about him.  Had nightmares about him.

I'd rather just not.  And he can take those stinking Maple Leaves with him.

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oilers slotting in some guys on the return:

Koekkoek

Haas

Nygard

nords? if they start dominating the play we can just make things extremely uncomfortable for them.

like asking them questions like "isn't the weather great lately"? or "How did you your weekend go"?

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

nords? if they start dominating the play we can just make things extremely uncomfortable for them.

like asking them questions like "isn't the weather great lately"? or "How did you your weekend go"?

oooh, that'll get 'em!!

Here's a different idea - why don't we put more pucks in their net than they do in ours?

• RoughGame 1

Just now, rychicken said:

oooh, that'll get 'em!!

Here's a different idea - why don't we put more pucks in their net than they do in ours?

haha it's a joke,  maybe your unaware but the stereotype is that they are famously reserved, the joke was that we could throw them off thier game with some personal questions.

haha, i should know better to make light  of a situation, too many people get offended over stereotypes that aren't even remotely offensive.

The two things I have noticed with WD and TG they both were hesitant in playing rookies and if they did they would be on a tight leash. They just felt more comfortable playing vets over rookies, and I get that because as a coach you're coaching to win and will always lean towards a vet because you can trust them more, but when the team you're coaching is rebuilding and the game is evolving more to youth and speed, but you're still stuck in the game from the past, it's a bad mix from the get go. Even with Brock TG was hesitant to start him in his rookie year sat him for the 2 first games, tried using some excuse that Brock was just tired and needed more rest, what rookie needs more rest before having his dreams come true to play a NHL game, face it TG thought he wasn't ready yet. He's an old school type of coach but the game has evolved and changed from his times, it's more about youth and trusting them to improve, instead of keeping them on a tight lease and punishing them when they do something bad or a mistake. WD and Green were very similar, and their systems aren't strong enough to rely on vets to carry their systems even if they believe they're the safer option over rookies. 

One coach who was ahead of their time especially for trusting their yourh and seeing the potential that they had, and didn't punish them if they made 1 little mistake, was good old Marc Crawford. Now I'm not saying he's the answer anymore, but I wouldn't be against him again tbh, because he has been in the league the last few years again so he knows what needs to be done and he's good at seeing potential in players, but even a coach more similar to how Marc used to coach over how WD and TG coach.

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The two things I have noticed with WD and TG they both were hesitant in playing rookies and if they did they would be on a tight leash. They just felt more comfortable playing vets over rookies, and I get that because as a coach you're coaching to win and will always lean towards a vet because you can trust them more, but when the team you're coaching is rebuilding and the game is evolving more to youth and speed, but you're still stuck in the game from the past, it's a bad mix from the get go. Even with Brock TG was hesitant to start him in his rookie year sat him for the 2 first games, tried using some excuse that Brock was just tired and needed more rest, what rookie needs more rest before having his dreams come true to play a NHL game, face it TG thought he wasn't ready yet. He's an old school type of coach but the game has evolved and changed from his times, it's more about youth and trusting them to improve, instead of keeping them on a tight lease and punishing them when they do something bad or a mistake. WD and Green were very similar, and their systems aren't strong enough to rely on vets to carry their systems even if they believe they're the safer option over rookies. 

One coach who was ahead of their time especially for trusting their yourh and seeing the potential that they had, and didn't punish them if they made 1 little mistake, was good old Marc Crawford. Now I'm not saying he's the answer anymore, but I wouldn't be against him again tbh, because he has been in the league the last few years again so he knows what needs to be done and he's good at seeing potential in players, but even a coach more similar to how Marc used to coach over how WD and TG coach.

Honestly I'd trust Crawford over some of the options out there. 

• Cheers 1