The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which team do you want to win the Cup?

-SN-

Which team do you want to win the Cup?   

340 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Heretic said:

I'm the opposite - I will always cheer for Canadian teams - no matter who it is - in the SCF.  

Bettman's goal of "promoting" the game in the South just pisses me off.

PS: Said it before and I'll say it again:  Go Jets GO!

On 5/14/2021 at 5:40 PM, Fanuck said:

At this point it's not who I 'want' to win rather who I absolutely do NOT want to win.

Do NOT want to see win no matter what:

Boston - don't think this needs explanation

Vegas - their organization simply didn't earn it imo

Toronto - their organization doesn't deserve it imo

Edmonton - see above

Colorado - I simply hate Kadri

Washinton - I simply hate Kadri Wilson

Winnipeg - their city had a team and gave up on them so.....I don't hate them but I guess I'm on the fence about their franchise

Everyone else, whatever happens, happens.....

WNP fans never gave up on the team, same with the Nords.   It was a result of rising salaries after disclosure and a falling CAN dollar.   Vancouver also suffered, the Griffiths were eventually forced to open the door to the Orca's in Seattle.   We are lucky to have a team still it wasn't pretty back then.   Like them or not the Aqua's provided security for the fanbase like we've never had before.  

• Cheers 1

On 5/17/2021 at 6:47 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

Anyone but the Leafs... getting ready to puke with all the propaganda coming out of Toronto.

This is it exactly.  No fan of another Canadian team should be cheering for the LOSER LEAFS.  They were my team from 

‘55 - ‘70).  Keon is still my favourite player.  But they stink.  Hate ‘em.  Want their fans to suffer.  The Jays are okay though. 

• 5 months later...

It’s the Islanders for me.  My ex girlfriend broke up with me on the same day that Tavares signed with the Leafs and so the Isles have kind of been my team out East since that time.  The fans over there really developed a chip on their shoulder and I think that attitude also spread to the players.  

Having said that, I *really* like what Carolina is building.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:08 PM, -SN- said:

Want, not think. 

I want Vancouver to win although I don’t think it will happen unless we go on a 15 game win streak then go .500 or if we get 2 wins every 3 games from here on out. 

My runner-up want is either Edmonton, Colorado or NYR.

Edited by Bure_of_94

• 2 weeks later...

My team in the East is the Islanders but they’re struggling like we are.

Ps - my team in the East is the Islanders because my ex girlfriend dumped me on the same day that Tavares left the Islanders to join the Leafs.  Since that time, the Islanders and their fans developed a chip on their shoulder and their........(chippiness?) kind of resonated with me.  I’m also a Seahawks fan and so their crazy fans kind of reminded me of my fellow Seahawks fans.  

That Islanders-Leafs game where Tavares returned to Long Island and the fans went crazy also coincided with the time that I was starting to feel better about my break-up.......so yeah, if the Nucks can’t win it, I hope the Isles get their $&!# together.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/29/2021 at 11:02 AM, CupIsComing said:

Calgary Flames.

I love a good underdog story...

and...Tanev and Marky!

This. Their handling of their two best players jumping ship is nothing short of a stunning achievement. What a recovery.

Hard to swallow as a Canuck fan, as all our previous Canucks are looking great over there. 

Edited by Jimmy James

16 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

This. Their handling of their two best players jumping ship is nothing short of a stunning achievement. What a recovery.

Hard to swallow as a Canuck fan, as all our previous Canucks are looking great over there. 

hard to swallow, you unseated me as having the last word in this thread for four month

shakes fist

haha

every once in a while I'd look at that a say to myself, "What the heck did I say that was so profound 2-3-4 months ago"

"Oh that" sigh

It wouldn't be the same v

Edited by lmm

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

hard to swallow, you unseated me as having the last word in this thread for four month

shakes fist

haha

Haha, I just noticed the thread, saw CGY wasn’t on the list, and thought ‘somebody needs to footnote the off season changes in this discussion.’

It’s takes a lot to make me post a comment, but feel free to post one more, and reclaim your throne Season 1 King GIF by The Spanish Princess

Edited by Jimmy James
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...