The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tony De’Angelo to van?[Discussion]

24 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

This is not a country club!

I do not care if my love in does not include everyone

You guys worry if Hamilton likes museums

Now its Deangelo is a racist........even though everyone has said otherwise

Sure he's immature, sure he needs to grow up........

But the guy can play hockey...................funny, isn't that what it is all about?

I would sign him to a 1.25 Million x 3 year contract and hope to hell he has learned his lessen

If he has, you have one hell of an asset on a cheap contract...................

Me too, pretty much everyone is called a racist these days so im not putting any merit in that. 

1 year deal at 1 mill and have management talk to him on what they expect out of him and have horvat keep an eye on him. 

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Me too, pretty much everyone is called a racist these days so im not putting any merit in that. 

1 year deal at 1 mill and have management talk to him on what they expect out of him and have horvat keep an eye on him. 

I get the 1 million deal

But, the way to get ahead in this deal is to sign him for 3 years at that price and convince him this is the last deal he will ever see and that any mess will reflect adversely

Now, "IF" he craps the bed, you can send him home and his cap will be almost nothing.........

That is if you do not relieve him of him duties because of breach of contract............

Then if he shows well, you got him cheap, cheap, cheap!

• Like 1

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

I get the 1 million deal

But, the way to get ahead in this deal is to sign him for 3 years at that price and convince him this is the last deal he will ever see and that any mess will reflect adversely

Now, "IF" he craps the bed, you can send him home and his cap will be almost nothing.........

That is if you do not relieve him of him duties because of breach of contract............

Then if he shows well, you got him cheap, cheap, cheap!

I like how you think -_-

unfortunately a progressive liberal city like vancouver wont have nothing to do with him i assume.

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I like how you think -_-

unfortunately a progressive liberal city like vancouver wont have nothing to do with him i assume.

Again, at the end of the day, if he can keep his act clean, he will be forgiven.......

Until then, it is the Owner, president and GM job to deflect the issue

Like I say, this is not a country club..................everyone can get out of their chairs, and roll up their sleeves and go to work

Soooo tired of this!

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Again, at the end of the day, if he can keep his act clean, he will be forgiven.......

Until then, it is the Owner, president and GM job to deflect the issue

Like I say, this is not a country club..................everyone can get out of their chairs, and roll up their sleeves and go to work

Soooo tired of this!

Vancouver media would never forgive him or the ownership if they signed him imo. 

second chances are not given out much anymore these days. 

more than likely his career is over unless he finds maybe a small market that doesnt cover hockey very much which is the exact opposite of the canucks.

Arguably the team's biggest issue is its inability to prevent shot attempts against and the proposed solution is to bring someone in who is notoriously bad at playing defence? That's like plugging a hole in your rowboat by buying another oar. Not to mention the other off-ice stuff that's been discussed ad-nauseum in the thread.

They already have Hughes and Rathbone as relatively undersized PMDs, I'd rather focus on bringing in more well-rounded defencemen to complement them instead.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

This is not a country club!

I do not care if my love in does not include everyone

You guys worry if Hamilton likes museums

Now its Deangelo is a racist........even though everyone has said otherwise

Sure he's immature, sure he needs to grow up........

But the guy can play hockey...................funny, isn't that what it is all about?

I would sign him to a 1.25 Million x 3 year contract and hope to hell he has learned his lessen

If he has, you have one hell of an asset on a cheap contract...................

Not everyone has said Deangelo is not a racist, since it's been brought into question.  He's an open supporter of far-right domestic terrorists, which suggests Vancouver probably isn't a great fit for him as a person.  Add into the fact he's a complete liability in his own zone and would need time in the AHL in order to learn how to actually play defense, and it's a definite no.

13 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Arguably the team's biggest issue is its inability to prevent shot attempts against and the proposed solution is to bring someone in who is notoriously bad at playing defence? That's like plugging a hole in your rowboat by buying another oar. Not to mention the other off-ice stuff that's been discussed ad-nauseum in the thread.

They already have Hughes and Rathbone as relatively undersized PMDs, I'd rather focus on bringing in more well-rounded defencemen to complement them instead.

This.  I'd also be looking to move Rathbone as I'm not comfortable moving forward with both him and Hughes.  Add in another guy like that and you're emulating the Leafs where playing like an NHLer in your own zone is completely optional.

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not everyone has said Deangelo is not a racist, since it's been brought into question.  He's an open supporter of far-right domestic terrorists, which suggests Vancouver probably isn't a great fit for him as a person.  Add into the fact he's a complete liability in his own zone and would need time in the AHL in order to learn how to actually play defense, and it's a definite no.

GP           G            A          PTS                   +/-              Pen

2019-20 New York RangersNew York Rangers NHL   68         15          38          53                     12              47

2019-20 Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks NHL   68          8         45          53                   -10               22

Well, there is a train wreck all right! Guess who the 2 players are?

A  difference of + 22 for the Ranger at even strength....................................Who the hell said he was a train wreck in his own end?

Edited by janisahockeynut

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:
2020-21 Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks NHL   52         3       33         36         -24            22

@King Heffy are you saying we should trade our train wreck or that he has no value, and no body would want him?...........

Maybe we should see how he does under an actual coach instead of the unqualified moron currently sabotaging our defense.  Baumer is the root cause for our defensive issues this year, and I'm hoping he hasn't caused permanent damage.

Edited by King Heffy

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He was fine the previous year.  Maybe we should see how he does under an actual coach instead of the unqualified moron currently sabotaging our defense.  Baumer is the root cause for our defensive issues this year, and I'm hoping he hasn't caused permanent damage.

He was minus 10 the year before, but you missed the point!

You made a statement that Deangelo was a train wreck in his own end...........I showed you he was not

Then I showed you an example of our " Train wreck" and you excused him.........2 sets of rules

And Deangelo was a plus player...............then you blame the coaching for Hughes problems

But don't give credit to Deangelo.................

Edited by janisahockeynut

He was minus 10 the year before, but you missed the point!

You made a statement that Deangelo was a train wreck in his own end...........I showed you he was not

Then I showed you an example of our " Train wreck" and you excused him.........2 sets of rules

And Deangelo was a plus player...............then you blame the coaching

But don't give credit to Deangelo.................

I've seen Deangelo play plenty.  Sugar coat it all you want, but the way he plays in his own zone is simply unacceptable at any level, especially when there's attitude issues when coaches have held him accountable for playing like complete trash.  Want no part of the player and even less of the person; he is simply not welcome here.

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, King Heffy said:

I've seen Deangelo play plenty.  Sugar coat it all you want, but the way he plays in his own zone is simply unacceptable at any level, especially when there's attitude issues when coaches have held him accountable for playing like complete trash.

I am afraid you lose this one Hefty...............no point in arguing this one anymore.............Let's hope our train wreck improves

47 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am afraid you lose this one Hefty...............no point in arguing this one anymore.............Let's hope our train wreck improves

I have looked at his stats and other than this years his positives outvalue his negatives. if he shows he can work on his issues by seeing a therapist (he should be doing it on his own accord) and comitting to see a therapist through the contract, that bodes well for him.

Hockey is under the limelight for racism right now, and tony's a big part of that. I believe in second chances, but the person needs to prove he is serious about rehabilitation.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

I have looked at his stats and other than this years his positives outvalue his negatives. if he shows he can work on his issues by seeing a therapist (he should be doing it on his own accord) and comitting to see a therapist through the contract, that bodes well for him.

Hockey is under the limelight for racism right now, and tony's a big part of that. I believe in second chances, but the person needs to prove he is serious about rehabilitation.

Yes, I agree to that about the racism, and maybe his anti-social behavior............but him being a jerk on the ice to his opponents,  well that is a plus and we want that

IMO, Benning goes after the Boyd's, Veasey's etc, who by NHL standards are one foot out of the NHL, every year.........because of NHL talent

Here you have a player with an abundance of talent, and people do not want to give him a chance. And as the years have past he has improved

I have a friend that oozes racism once in a while, and I call him on it.  to the point he catches himself now, and says that is not how he feels, but he says he has frustrations.....and I get that! 

He just has a harder time understanding the compromises of life....but when he tells you of his up-bringing, it is easier to understand his POV, and actually argue against it, but with compassion and understanding, which he needs.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree to that about the racism, and maybe his anti-social behavior............but him being a jerk on the ice to his opponents,  well that is a plus and we want that

IMO, Benning goes after the Boyd's, Veasey's etc, who by NHL standards are one foot out of the NHL, every year.........because of NHL talent

Here you have a player with an abundance of talent, and people do not want to give him a chance. And as the years have past he has improved

I have a friend that oozes racism once in a while, and I call him on it.  to the point he catches himself now, and says that is not how he feels, but he says he has frustrations.....and I get that! 

He just has a harder time understanding the compromises of life....but when he tells you of his up-bringing, it is easier to understand his POV, and actually argue against it, but with compassion and understanding, which he needs.

tonys dad is a openly racist individual boasting about making racist slurs "everyday,everyday" he was programmed to be a racist. It happens.

the difference between a Openly racist person to a secretive racist is the difference between being employable in 2021.

it takes about 2 years of therapy to successfully work on issues, which for tony are likely many. It's a very hard process for some, because it forces you to change your whole belief system. and may put himself and some of his family in a negative perspective.

He has to make amends, otherwise the vast majority will believe he is not deserving of a second chance.

a co-worker of mine got arrested for assault causing bodily harm 5 years ago, a bar fight where he gave the guy a nasty cut. I told him it would bode well for him if he went to AA, anger management and a therapist once a week. he didn't listen and was sentenced to 3 months of jail time. it was something like 5-6 months between the arrest and trial, im guessing a judge would have been more lenient if he was actively working on his issues.

21 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

tonys dad is a openly racist individual boasting about making racist slurs "everyday,everyday" he was programmed to be a racist. It happens.

the difference between a Openly racist person to a secretive racist is the difference between being employable in 2021.

it takes about 2 years of therapy to successfully work on issues, which for tony are likely many. It's a very hard process for some, because it forces you to change your whole belief system. and may put himself and some of his family in a negative perspective.

He has to make amends, otherwise the vast majority will believe he is not deserving of a second chance.

a co-worker of mine got arrested for assault causing bodily harm 5 years ago, a bar fight where he gave the guy a nasty cut. I told him it would bode well for him if he went to AA, anger management and a therapist once a week. he didn't listen and was sentenced to 3 months of jail time. it was something like 5-6 months between the arrest and trial, im guessing a judge would have been more lenient if he was actively working on his issues.

I do agree with you Petey

In saying that, his peers seem to be saying that he acts differently than he talks. Which means he has some governor. Society, has a far left and a far right and everything in between, and I am reminded of my gramma's comments towards a cute African American baby, to which I said you can't say that anymore. Gramma! It reminds me that slavery was still acceptable 100 years ago? and that people are constantly making belief adjustments as new opinions are expressed.

And in saying all that. I believe that mercy should be given to the ignorant. And that forgiveness should be given to those that honestly ask for it. I believe you can have racist beliefs and not be a racist, if you know your beliefs are wrong and you actively are trying to change them. 

I do not believe you need to go to therapy to repent and change, just as you do not have to go to church to believe in god.........

If the kid talks the talk and walks the walk, and uses his position to speak out against his past, I believe that is enough,

Everyone has the right to personal views, it is those that act against societies laws, that need to be corrected.

I can give countless recitals of good people that have said bad things, but are still good people.

The proverbial phrase 'To err is human' is often heard in its fuller form 'To err is human; to forgive, divine.'. This makes sense of the notion that the originator, the English poet Alexander Pope, was trying to convey. In the poem An Essay on Criticism, Part II , 1711. Pope explains that, while anyone can make a mistake, we should aspire to do as God does, that is, show mercy and forgive sinners

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I'm on the other side of this.  Anyone who pulls that racist BS around me isn't going to be my friend; I don't associate with racist pieces of garbage.  No reason to tolerate that kind of behaviour from anyone.

Edited by King Heffy