Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

He's Italian, he grew up in Jersey, probably Aquilini can relate to him in some ways.  Aquilini has had his own adventures over the years with lawsuits, divorces, etc.  Maybe Francesco can let him stay in his mansion for awhile and he can learn to adjust to the free world.  

 

I'd take a flyer on him.  If he doesn't change you can easily get rid of him if he's on a one year deal.  If he changes his ways he's a top 4 Dman who plays the right side, can be on the second PP and he can actually fight.  I guess he needs to learn to fight more of the players on the other team than his own teammates.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's Italian, he grew up in Jersey, probably Aquilini can relate to him in some ways.  Aquilini has had his own adventures over the years with lawsuits, divorces, etc.  Maybe Francesco can let him stay in his mansion for awhile and he can learn to adjust to the free world.  

 

I'd take a flyer on him.  If he doesn't change you can easily get rid of him if he's on a one year deal.  If he changes his ways he's a top 4 Dman who plays the right side, can be on the second PP and he can actually fight.  I guess he needs to learn to fight more of the players on the other team than his own teammates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/08/the-science-behind-why-so-many-successful-millionaires-are-psychopaths-and-why-it-doesnt-have-to-be-a-bad-thing.html 

 

You don't become a billionaire by being a righteous person. I don't think that's a good idea for anyone to learn proper behavior from a Billionaire

 

turns out DeAngelo was not so easy get rid of , 30 teams passed on him when he was on waivers.

 

from what i understand about the situation was Deangelo couldn't take constructive criticism from his teammates, and to put it nicely made it awkward. He's not a team player

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/08/the-science-behind-why-so-many-successful-millionaires-are-psychopaths-and-why-it-doesnt-have-to-be-a-bad-thing.html 

 

You don't become a billionaire by being a righteous person. I don't think that's a good idea for anyone to learn proper behavior from a Billionaire

 

turns out DeAngelo was not so easy get rid of , 30 teams passed on him when he was on waivers.

 

from what i understand about the situation was Deangelo couldn't take constructive criticism from his teammates, and to put it nicely made it awkward. He's not a team player

That's because his cap hit was $4.8 million.  If he's a free agent in the summer I'm thinking a few teams may be interested at a league minimum...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's because his cap hit was $4.8 million.  If he's a free agent in the summer I'm thinking a few teams may be interested at a league minimum...

you may be right. or team owners may make a example out of him.

 

if the guy seriously worked on his issues with a therapist, he would have a better shot IMO. at least the GM can save face if he trainwrecks again.

 

Edit: it can take years before someone realizes they are the problem. and it usually takes a few years of therapy to correct those issues.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why on earth would you invite that kind of negative energy into your locker room? Just imagine the racist D'Angelo at his first Vancouver media conference, faced with Rick Dhaliwal, Farhan Lalji, Sat Shah, Bik Nizzar, Harnarayan Singh, Harman Dayal and Randip Janda asking him about, you know, being a white supremacist. I'd buy tickets to watch that.

Edited by Curmudgeon
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I’m curious. I’m not the biggest Bergevin supporter but I don’t really get the hatred you have for him 

its the pure arrogance of the man, the way he treated players like Subban, his whining at us for fines, that kind of thing. He gets way too much credit for a team thats barely capable of making the playoffs, and has some pretty scary long term problems. 

 

I probably also use him as my prime example of whats lame out o the eastern part of the NHL, I could use others but he makes it easy. 

 

 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yzerman drafted him and then turfed him to Arizona.

Arizona turfed him

New York turfed him

 

In his draft year he had his 2nd warning/suspension for abuse/harassment towards players on his and other teams based on their orientation and skin colour.  He also suffered two suspensions for abusing officials, one of which was based on sexual orientation.

 

In his first 20 AHL games he was served two 10 minute misconducts due to abuse of official and comments made towards a gay player on the opposing team.  He was further benched the last 8-10 games of the season based on what was cited as behavioural issues.  Subsequently he was traded to Arizona

 

In his first full year with Arizona he assaulted a ref on new years day resulting in a 3 game suspension with numerous statements and comments about his off ice behaviour.  He was then traded to New York

 

He did well in New York but again his attitude boiled over.  He was suspended from the team for fighting a team mate and his off ice attitude caused the rags to try to trade him but literally nobody would, even when the rumoured 50% retention was brought up.  Rags GM outright stated he would never play for the team again based on his behaviour and that the league had agreed that the team would eb well within legal rights to completely void his contract but for some reason didn't

 

He believes in the great lie about the US election, promotes people like Trump and Marjorie Taylor Greene and is an outspoken anti masker....

 

There is nothing...NOTHING that would make me want this guy on the team, he makes the alleged attitudes of the Messier era look tame in comparison and I want nothing at all to do with this clown on the team

 

There is a lot of baggage associated with him. Any team who signs him is going to have to take a media hit. 

 

I dont think he really fits in Van even without the off ice stuff though. We already have one offensive minded dmanwho cant defend.  We need a right side guy who can do it all, not another defensive liability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its the pure arrogance of the man, the way he treated players like Subban, his whining at us for fines, that kind of thing. He gets way too much credit for a team thats barely capable of making the playoffs, and has some pretty scary long term problems. 

 

I probably also use him as my prime example of whats lame out o the eastern part of the NHL, I could use others but he makes it easy. 

 

 

I get it. Sometimes someone runs you the wrong way.  I hate Jon Cooper.  I think Bergevin is very good at some aspects of his job and bad st others.  The only thing I’ll argue with you is the tampering charges.  That’s 100% on Benning.  He clearly broke the rules and both Bergevin and Yzerman took issue with him. People seem to erase the fact that Yzerman laid tampering charges too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I get it. Sometimes someone runs you the wrong way.  I hate Jon Cooper.  I think Bergevin is very good at some aspects of his job and bad st others.  The only thing I’ll argue with you is the tampering charges.  That’s 100% on Benning.  He clearly broke the rules and both Bergevin and Yzerman took issue with him. People seem to erase the fact that Yzerman laid tampering charges too. 

oh yah, Cooper is a 1st class dick. 

 

I guess I thought the "tampering" was a bit much, but who knew there was a Weber deal in play? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a country club!

I do not care if my love in does not include everyone

 

You guys worry if Hamilton likes museums

 

Now its Deangelo is a racist........even though everyone has said otherwise

 

Sure he's immature, sure he needs to grow up........

 

But the guy can play hockey...................funny, isn't that what it is all about?

 

I would sign him to a 1.25 Million x 3 year contract and hope to hell he has learned his lessen

 

If he has, you have one hell of an asset on a cheap contract...................

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...