The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tony De’Angelo to van?[Discussion]

For sure, though, a dressing room that has Miller, Myers, Schmidt, Beagle, Bo and, maybe, Sutter, wouldn't stand for any guff that apparently was allowed to fester in New York.  Pair him with Juolevi  .... you don't get much more Nordic/Aryan looking than a Finn

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I'm on the other side of this.  Anyone who pulls that racist BS around me isn't going to be my friend; I don't associate with racist pieces of garbage.  No reason to tolerate that kind of behaviour from anyone.

If you make a racist your enemy, you can not teach him anything but hate, or that his warped opinions are right..........

I prefer to teach

But you may friend are welcome to feel and do as you wish................God be with you. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I do agree with you Petey

In saying that, his peers seem to be saying that he acts differently than he talks. Which means he has some governor. Society, has a far left and a far right and everything in between, and I am reminded of my gramma's comments towards a cute African American baby, to which I said you can't say that anymore. Gramma! It reminds me that slavery was still acceptable 100 years ago? and that people are constantly making belief adjustments as new opinions are expressed.

And in saying all that. I believe that mercy should be given to the ignorant. And that forgiveness should be given to those that honestly ask for it. I believe you can have racist beliefs and not be a racist, if you know your beliefs are wrong and you actively are trying to change them. 

I do not believe you need to go to therapy to repent and change, just as you do not have to go to church to believe in god.........

If the kid talks the talk and walks the walk, and uses his position to speak out against his past, I believe that is enough,

Everyone has the right to personal views, it is those that act against societies laws, that need to be corrected.

I can give countless recitals of good people that have said bad things, but are still good people.

The proverbial phrase 'To err is human' is often heard in its fuller form 'To err is human; to forgive, divine.'. This makes sense of the notion that the originator, the English poet Alexander Pope, was trying to convey. In the poem An Essay on Criticism, Part II , 1711. Pope explains that, while anyone can make a mistake, we should aspire to do as God does, that is, show mercy and forgive sinners

cheers, I won't argue that self change isn't possible.

therapy isn't a bad thing, it's not a punishment at all.

You can talk about anything it doesn't even have to be about negative things, and it can be still very constructive.in fact in my experience they generally help you guide you to your goals not focus on past behavior. Usually I see  a therapist about 4 times a year, after an hour I'm recharged and loaded up with Idea's and information and recommended books and video's to watch. I usually go because I decided I want a change in my life and  go in for encouragement and support. That's all a therapist is someone who guides you through to being your best you. you can focus on trauma if it haunts you, but generally you will only focus on one subject for 3 months and you can take a break whenever you want or sidestep for a  session.

I Don't know why their is a stigma on  therapy in 2021

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

If you make a racist your enemy, you can not teach him anything but hate, or that his warped opinions are right..........

I prefer to teach

But you may friend are welcome to feel and do as you wish................God be with you. 

a person has to be capable and willing to be taught though. Sometimes you just get a bad egg. 

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

The Canucks could have traded the Rangers Virtanen for DeAngelo lol 

I would have paid good money to see Virtanen traded for DeBrusk a couple months ago. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would have paid good money to see Virtanen traded for DeBrusk a couple months ago. 

If the Canucks only would have traded Virtanen to Anaheim for Heinen before the trade deadline but again our ownership didn't want to take on his contract 

Kinda out of the loop on this one, but when people call him racist, is it a  "dropping N-bombs, going out of their way to slander or bully people for their skin color, whites are the superior race" type of racism, or is it a  "Conservative leaning, critical of the BLM organization, maybe the police force shouldn't be completely defunded" type of "racism"?

Regardless of all of that, there's no excuse for getting into altercations with teammates or burying your teammates when they're down. Just trying to figure out whether De'Angelo should be given a second chance.

On 5/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, janisahockeynut said:

This is not a country club!

I do not care if my love in does not include everyone

You guys worry if Hamilton likes museums

Now its Deangelo is a racist........even though everyone has said otherwise

Racist, Homophobe, bigot.

His own statements from his OWN mouth have said so, and those people he has spoken against are obviously not everyone who has said otherwise.

He also can't really play hockey, he can score a bit that's it and that's a fairly small sample size all things considering over his entire body of play.  Ballard had better seasons than him and....

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Racist, Homophobe, bigot.

His own statements from his OWN mouth have said so, and those people he has spoken against are obviously not everyone who has said otherwise.

He also can't really play hockey, he can score a bit that's it and that's a fairly small sample size all things considering over his entire body of play.  Ballard had some beauty season too and....

• 2 months later...