The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

I think seattle should be thinking of drafting Jesper Wallstedt if i was them and get a vet goalie like holtby. Thats what i would do. Get a franchise goalie like him to start your franchise with. 

I think this is more of a what we would like them to do rather than what they should do. Theres going to be some good goalies available for them in the ED and FA. Look how well Fleury pamned out for the knights. I never suggest drafting a goalie that high. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 73 Percent said:

I think this is more of a what we would like them to do rather than what they should do. Theres going to be some good goalies available for them in the ED and FA. Look how well Fleury pamned out for the knights. I never suggest drafting a goalie that high. 

Hes one of the best goalie prospects in years. This draft in a real crap shoot because of covid. Starting a franchise with a stud goalie imo is very smart. I dont see another fleury scenario happening again tho. Not many players in this top 10 i believe can step in next season.

59 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

The only thing Motte is better at is a faster skater. Gadjovich is a bigger body that plays more physical and has more of a nose for the net with better hands in tight and the strength to win those greasy battles in front that Motte just doesn't have.

I still think, as I have since we drafted him and I started watching him in the OHL, Gadjovich is going to end up as a Tomas Holmström clone.

One guy has become a full time NHLer and the other guy hasn’t played a game yet.  

Motte is much more valuable at the moment. 

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

The only thing Motte is better at is a faster skater. Gadjovich is a bigger body that plays more physical and has more of a nose for the net with better hands in tight and the strength to win those greasy battles in front that Motte just doesn't have.

I still think, as I have since we drafted him and I started watching him in the OHL, Gadjovich is going to end up as a Tomas Holmström clone.

*Could become a Holmström clone. 

Far from a guarantee at this point. 

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

One guy has become a full time NHLer and the other guy hasn’t played a game yet.  

Motte is much more valuable at the moment. 

I completely disagree. At this point potential

of a young player is much more valuable to our team. Motte is what he is at this point, a 4th line energy guy that is responsible defensively but hasn't played 50% of a season in two years and is only good for less than 20 points a season.

Gadjovich has already outperformed Motte in the AHL:

Motte 67 GP 21G 32P

Gadjovich 90GP 32G 45P

And will soon prove to be much more valuable at the NHL level.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 204CanucksFan said:

I completely disagree. At this point potential

of a young player is much more valuable to our team. Motte is what he is at this point, a 4th line energy guy that is responsible defensively but hasn't played 50% of a season in two years and is only good for less than 20 points a season.

Gadjovich has already outperformed Motte in the AHL:

Motte 67 GP 21G 32P

Gadjovich 90GP 32G 45P

And will soon prove to be much more valuable at the NHL level.

Ah I'll be on the wait and see wagon. Point totals arent everything. 

6 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Will be interesting to see if Jonah Gs skating has indeed taken a step. 

Agreed. The thing I'll be most intrigued to see is how he moves around the ice. That could be one of the x-factors in determining whether he's worthy of protection from Seattle.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2