The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Race horses. LOTS of Race Horses. :)

Robinson hated being a head coach anyways (even though he was pretty successful at it).  Preferred being an assistant as he didn’t like having to come down hard on a player if it required.  He probably didn’t think too much of Bowman’s style (respected obviously his ability to coach winners).  At least that’s what I heard (his opinion of being a head coach again).

• Vintage 1
20 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Any watching the Tampa / Florida game thats how you build a winning cup team big D and mean no surf's on D

Awesome, exciting game so far! This is going to be a good series.

We aren't close to being a competitive playoff team yet.. Maybe in a couple years

12 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Joel Otto should dress on Wednesday just to see if he can kick one in for old times sake. 

an alumni team of players who played for both teams would beat either of these current teams

• Hydration 1
20 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hmmm I would disagree about Sutter’s speed.  He doesn’t look to slow at all, especially if you’re going to have Gadjovich and Big Mac. They’re much slower then Sutter IMO. 

K hes not but he sucks at hockey so theres that.

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Robinson hated being a head coach anyways (even though he was pretty successful at it).  Preferred being an assistant as he didn’t like having to come down hard on a player if it required.  He probably didn’t think too much of Bowman’s style (respected obviously his ability to coach winners).  At least that’s what I heard (his opinion of being a head coach again).

Larry Robinson definitive: "I do not want to be a head coach

“I wouldn’t want to be a head coach knowing there’s somebody with a gun behind me waiting to shoot me whenever something went wrong,” he adde

• Hydration 2
20 minutes ago, rychicken said:

an alumni team of players who played for both teams would beat either of these current teams

Ronnie Stern & Friends. 

Just give us the date, place and time.

We be there.

• Hydration 1

Gotta admit, as much as I hate that the Florida teams have 2 Cups to our squat Cups, this Tampa v. Florida series has some serious juice to it.

And yeah, both of these D-cores makes you realize that ours has to get so much better. Start with drafting Brandt Clarke or Owen Power. So…winning completely optional tonight, eh boys?

And crazy to see a mostly full of fans building in a state where there COVID cases per million are much higher than that of ours here in B.C. But I guess….that’s Florida for ya. 

• Hydration 2

good to see Highmore get a couple yesterday....would be nice to see some young ones getting in on the action for the remaining 3 ....

• Vintage 1
5 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Larry Robinson definitive: "I do not want to be a head coach

“I wouldn’t want to be a head coach knowing there’s somebody with a gun behind me waiting to shoot me whenever something went wrong,” he adde

Would be great as an assistant coach in charge of the blueline.  Offer him a blank cheque & ask him to fill in whatever amount he likes.

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
5 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Gotta admit, as much as I hate that the Florida teams have 2 Cups to our squat Cups, this Tampa v. Florida series has some serious juice to it.

And yeah, both of these D-cores makes you realize that ours has to get so much better. Start with drafting Brandt Clarke or Owen Power. So…winning completely optional tonight, eh boys?

And crazy to see a mostly full of fans building in a state where there COVID cases per million are much higher than that of ours here in B.C. But I guess….that’s Florida for ya. 

Yup ....the Nuck's D needs improving alright....and the hitting....my god I wish the Nucks would hit like that.....

• Hydration 1

must be nice to be Tampa, adding 20 million in players just in the nick of time for the playoffs 

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

500 already?! I feel like it was just yesterday he was playing with Dorsett and Ronalds Kenins.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s the Quennville effect.

His teams play hard for him. Fast paced puck moving physical hockey.

That’s why I shake my head when anyone says that Green isn’t the problem. His teams don’t play with any intensity. Slow passive non physical hockey. That’s a result of a coach not giving his team an identity.

Word Brother...#FIREGREEN

• RoughGame 2
7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s the Quennville effect.

His teams play hard for him. Fast paced puck moving physical hockey.

That’s why I shake my head when anyone says that Green isn’t the problem. His teams don’t play with any intensity. Slow passive non physical hockey. That’s a result of a coach not giving his team an identity.

Nah, disagree that the Nucks don’t play hard for Green. He doesn’t construct the roster, just plays the guys that are available. I agree that compared to what I’m seeing in the Florida series, our team plays rather non physically, especially on the back end. Other than Myers SOMETIMES, there are no big hitters on our D-core. Jett Woo will help in this regard when he arrives.

• Hydration 3
19 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Would be great as an assistant coach in charge of the blueline.  Offer him a blank cheque & ask him to fill in whatever amount he likes.

Better yet he could lace them up. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION