The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Nah, disagree that the Nucks don’t play hard for Green. He doesn’t construct the roster, just plays the guys that are available. I agree that compared to what I’m seeing in the Florida series, our team plays rather non physically, especially on the back end. Other than Myers SOMETIMES, there are no big hitters on our D-core. Jett Woo will help in this regard when he arrives.

The coach has input on what players Benning is looking at.

If he told his players to play physical and finish their checks they would or wouldn’t play. That’s how good coaches mould a team.

Our roster could play the same style (maybe not as effectively) but we can’t even move the puck. That’s not the players that’s the coach (see Nate Schmidt)

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Watching Tampa and Fla great game/series, and remembering a few months ago how well the Canucks were playing in the bubble.  How exciting that was.  How much that felt like we were a team on the rise..  Omg.  We looked good!

So what happened?  I wanna see us back at that level next year so bad I can taste it! Lol.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Watching Tampa and Fla great game/series, and remembering a few months ago how well the Canucks were playing in the bubble.  How exciting that was.  How much that felt like we were a team on the rise..  Omg.  We looked good!

So what happened?  I wanna see us back at that level next year so bad I can taste it! Lol.  

That never happened. It was gifted. Didn’t count. 

I’m kidding.

The bubble was a blast!

2 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

I completely disagree. At this point potential

of a young player is much more valuable to our team. Motte is what he is at this point, a 4th line energy guy that is responsible defensively but hasn't played 50% of a season in two years and is only good for less than 20 points a season.

Gadjovich has already outperformed Motte in the AHL:

Motte 67 GP 21G 32P

Gadjovich 90GP 32G 45P

And will soon prove to be much more valuable at the NHL level.

Lets not forget, Mac had GP 69 , G22, P 52 in Utica when they first brought him up in 2019.  Looking forward to seeing Gadjovich but lets now expect too much from the start.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

Any watching the Tampa / Florida game thats how you build a winning cup team big D and mean no surf's on D

Great game! Also nice to see Minny win in OT against Vegas. 
Glad to see Cam Talbot get his mojo back after enduring a few seasons in Alberta.

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Great game! Also nice to see Minny win in OT against Vegas. 
Glad to see Cam Talbot get his mojo back after enduring a few seasons in Alberta.

Is that yet another former Oiler goalie going to Minny and playing like a stud?

Starting to see Minny’s strategy. Koskinen next?

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Borderline Canuck said:

Lets not forget, Mac had GP 69 , G22, P 52 in Utica when they first brought him up in 2019.  Looking forward to seeing Gadjovich but lets now expect too much from the start.

Yeah and now Mac should be in our lineup every night. He's one of our best forwards in nearly every possession metric despite getting slightly more D zone starts than O zone. And on top of that he is easily our biggest physical threat and best deterrent to other teams taking liberties against our players.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Borderline Canuck said:

Let’s also not forget, Mac was a undrafted free agent. Jonah is a 2nd round pick with very good junior numbers as well as a run in the world juniors with team Canada. I’d say gadj’s floor and ceiling are much higher.