The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

IMO Graovac, Hawryluk and Chatfield will not be NHL'ers next year, so why play Gadj with them. Just setting him up to fail.

huh?

First, Chatfield is a defenseman so I have no idea what you're referring to.

Graovac has been playing well - and I suspect they've played a fair amount together in Utica - so there's familiarity there for a player stepping cold into his first NHL game.

I don't see your suggestion btw - I see a bizarre assumption that he's being 'set up to fail'.  Seriously?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

he's been looking for it longer than Gilligan was looking for a way off the island...

As soon as Edler gets the puck on his stick he shoots. No shinpad required.

1 minute ago, philtbc829 said:

sigh....I can't be bothered ...seriously....I am actually choosing work....that's how sad this is.....

That was one heck of a long game, thank god it’s over. See you all Tuesday.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

huh?

First, Chatfield is a defenseman so I have no idea what you're referring to.

Graovac has been playing well - and I suspect they've played a fair amount together in Utica - so there's familiarity there for a player stepping cold into his first NHL game.

I don't see your suggestion btw - I see a bizarre assumption that he's being 'set up to fail'.  Seriously?

Maybe a little bit of familiarity. Graovac has only played 11 games in Utica and that was last season. He was in Manitoba this season.

• Thanks 1