The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, rychicken said:

unfortunately...

Well that’s good if we don’t make any deals,no?

Edited by Cromeslab
1 minute ago, 1-d said:

I don't think we gave Gaudette many chances to be on PP.

But then again, if your only calling card to play in the NHL is shooting one-timer in the slot area on PP you may not go very far.

It’s given Hoffman a career.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Newell Brown reviewing first period action - Aquilini budget cuts have impacted their tech budget....

image.jpeg.1fdad1e8eb6479a38fcf65ed67f049e0.jpeg

I got to travel the whole world with one of those

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, 1-d said:

I don't think we gave Gaudette many chances to be on PP.

But then again, if your only calling card to play in the NHL is shooting one-timer in the slot area on PP you may not go very far.

i think guads was a bit snake bittn this year, i remember he had a strech of 10 games where he could of had a goal.

Aquilini family is worth 3B plus. In the last two years real estate is up 15 or 20 percent which is their main holdings.

They lost about 25m on the Canucks this year.

I find it hilarious that people say they are losing money or are broke.

• Like 1

If they are going to go through such painful droughts on the PP by trying to set up Edler, maybe just park his big a** in front of the net, with Hughes and Myers/Hamonic on the points. With Miller and Boeser/Horvat.   One goal has to bounce off his butt sooner or later, and then everyone will be happy.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Sorry, you honestly think you could take me. Go ahead.

Also, you are a bitch and it's been a hard year. We shouldn't solve problems by fighting each other. I respect you so I'm a two faced moron. Have a good night.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
3 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Well, they sent Chafield out with those guys several times already. Usually you'd ease a rookie in with some guys that can at least defend.

None of those guys are NHL'ers. On a playoff team, they are all waivers. Maybe they are good enough for this team, but that's no saying much. Gravac has filled in well, but he's 28. There's no more upside to see there.  Gadj is still an unknown and might progress further.

you do realize that there are only 5 starters in the lineup - and two of them (Horvat/Pearson) are tasked with primary matchup minutes, while another one (Miller) is also a rented mule / principal penalty killer in the present (with the top 4 guys out).

Not sure what people are expecting - there is literally not one line intact - and both the top 6 have centers that have to play a whole lot more hard minutes than is typically the case.

there's nowhere to 'shelter' anyone - nowhere to tilt the ice for young callups.

and yet they're doing alright - winning the odd game.  no one should expect more.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

I can’t believe these games are being played while playoff hockey is on hahahahaha

Comic relief.

• Hydration 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION