The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He’ll see another NHL bench. Brown and Baumgartner will not. Anyone paying attention to the Canucks since they’ve been in their positions has to see them for the complete jokes they are. 

Green will have a NHL job next year I’d put money on it. Here or on another team. Right about the assistants. Just wish Aqua would open up his flipping wallet 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He’ll see another NHL bench. Brown and Baumgartner will not. Anyone paying attention to the Canucks since they’ve been in their positions has to see them for the complete jokes they are. 

Yeah the assistants are garbage but they answer to him. His vision first. His vision seems to be never possess the puck. Lol.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

Green will have a NHL job next year I’d put money on it. Here or on another team. Right about the assistants. Just wish Aqua would open up his flipping wallet 

cant remember which teams, but there was a few looking at green, think ducks mighta been one of em.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

There is tanking then there is tanking the right way...green failed yet again.

if we are going to get crushed how about a few punishing hits or slaps on the wrists to make them earn it?

The previous game there were comments along the line of, "This team sucks because they are trying to win rather than losing to support the tank."

This game, "Damn, this team sucks because they aren't losing the right way..."

regards,  G.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

no chance I would pay several hundred dollars to watch this team play hockey when we're allowed again.  I know these games are meaningless, but this team is playing like garbage.  There needs to be a big shake up next season.

Uh, no one pays "several hundred dollars" to watch a game.  

And I'll be there in a heartbeat...life is what you make it.  Games are super fun in person and this team right now is gassed...done...depleted.  If you're judging them on this season, that's your issue not theirs.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Vesey looks like he wants to be here and I'd starting to get the systems. Kind of late but I'm glad Jim and Travis are getting a peak of what he could do. Might not be a terrible 3C option.

25 career faceoff wins say "huh?"

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Bring some fake plants.  Put up a picture of his kids.

might as well a couch where Myers can practice his patented "Draw me like one of your French girls" defence on PK.

Edited by 1-d
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Don't know how people can continue to make excuses about coaching. Our game has been declining, despite our roster changes.

A coaching change is inevitable IMO. My hunch is that if Benning is let go the new GM will hire his own guy hence the reason why Green hasn’t been extended. There’s no way this system and formula is will produce sustained success. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

Yeah the assistants are garbage but they answer to him. His vision first. His vision seems to be never possess the puck. Lol.

Truly. Still he’s stuck with people based on his suggestions or decisions. If I was him, I’d drop them like a deuce. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah, there’s a lot to like about Green - I could see an effort to distance us from this year though.  I think it’s time to move on from the assistants (aside from Clarke.)

• Vintage 2