The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Man... not sure what Green can do here - the good players are being forced to play meaningless games during the playoffs.  The kids / fringe guys are trying but they are what they are. Give em a break. 

Last time I checked a coach does more then stand behind the bench.  Being outplayed is a theme with green.  As for the kids...this is there break to show up and play.  If they cant play in a zero pressure game, when do you think they will show up?  Yes the good players are being forced to play a meaningless game as much as they have been forced to take their $$$ game checks.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Uh, no one pays "several hundred dollars" to watch a game.  

And I'll be there in a heartbeat...life is what you make it.  Games are super fun in person and this team right now is gassed...done...depleted.  If you're judging them on this season, that's your issue not theirs.

lower bowl center ice 10 rows up to watch a good team play us, that does NOT come cheap. Easily 2-300 bucks per ticket, add on 100 bucks for beer and food plus parking or skytrain and an all you can eat sushi meal afterwards. Can easily be a 500-1000 night out to watch the canucks play a top team and sit in great seats.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I just don’t understand what Green sees in those two morons. 

I'll be shocked if Green let those 2 imbeciles tag along for his next head coaching gig.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

Yeah, there’s a lot to like about Green - I could see an effort to distance us from this year though.  I think it’s time to move on from the assistants (aside from Clarke.)

I think everyone would feel better with some new assistants. Even some of the people that don’t like Green could get behind a couple fresh faces behind the bench If they found Green some new assistants. At the end of the day they don’t have to resign the assistants and they can offer Green a contract. Take it or leave it I guess 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

Im fine with Coach Green

And i dont wanna start anything BUT Bieksa would be a great choice for the next Canuck Coach.

Coach Juice!!!

My only problem with hiring ex Canucks in a coaching position is fans will eventually turn on them. Coaches expire 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Dirtman said:

I wouldn't mind seeing one more year of Green in a full normal season. I doubt he signs a contract like that but either way, I somehow doubt it happens at this point.

I’ll take Green back on the condition the other 2 go if not all 3 can go. 

• Cheers 4

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There was some speculation that it's unlikely to happen.

Well, this team is truly screwed then. Roberto is the true businessman of the family. Francesco is, supposedly, the Fredo of the family. Time to take him for a row on the lake. 

I'm interested in the last 30 seconds of a period. In basketball they have a game clock behind the net so that the players can watch the time rundown. In hockey they can't do that and sometimes, like the end of period 2 tonight, seem to be clueless about how much time is left, or not left, in the period. Is there some way that a count down clock could be put behind each goal. Maybe near where the goal light is?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hoping the rumors that Fran(&^@#head)cesco Aquilini is being replaced with Roberto Aquilini are true. Franny has failed the team. 

Too good to be true.

I hear Roberto is only getting involved because of recent years damage to the brand.  He's the business guy, Francesco is still the team chairman.