The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol feels more like the flames are like let's just let the canucks tie this game and screw themselves on the lottery.. the higher they finish the less chance they can improve. if i were the flames i would gladly let the canucks win every game

That's why they are the f-- lames.

Just now, therodigy said:

I wonder if Gadjovich got injured in the fight. Wasn't sure if he ever got back to the bench after the misconduct. 

he did pound Mackeys helmet with a couple heavy punches.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, xereau said:

This kind of come back is FAR more important for the guys who already exist, than the slide between two or three imaginary players who don't for all ostensible purposes even exist yet.

Right. How many times have fans said that its important to win these games for next year? Its a dumb statement because it has never really brought momentum going into the next year. This has happened over and over and fans come in and always say its important going into next year. Players shouldnt be going into next year saying hey remember when we beat the flames at the end of the year. We were so good. I don't get that thinking and when has it ever made a difference?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Posted (edited)

Yay draft pick,woo!Hope they can find someone who can help us play in our own end,attrocious all season.

Edited by Cromeslab
4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

We won't, we're probs gonna drop 

Just gotta believe in our scouts 

We are gonna pick 7 to 10. That is certain now.  Those are all decent places to pick so it's ok.

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I disagree with you. The draft is more important to the team’s future than showing this “fighting spirit” at the end of the season. There is no carry over for next year, too much time in between the next start.  This will all be forgotten to both the payers and fans. No benefit other than players padding their stats.

OMFG, now they're padding their stats! Do you and all of you others want them to lay down in the fetal position? They're pros for Chr**t sakes.

• Hydration 3
  • RoughGame 1
7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Green said he is playing to win still so....

playing to win by losing.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Watch us win the draft lottery & the best player will be drafted 7-10, in our original spot.

That is definitely a sign of Canucks Luck lol

• Hydration 2
2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Moved to D late in his development and still learning the position.  Not comfortable with that.

Craig Button compares Clarke to a hybrid of Erik Karlsson and Brent Burns. You seem like a nice person but I trust Button’s analysis over yours.

12 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Cant believe people here are cheering for wins... we have officially screwed ourselves over for drafting Brandt fking Clarke 

So tell me all you know about him.  

Go ahead...sell me on why he's more important than keeping guys like Quinn, Brock, Bo, Hog motivated?

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I'll just refer u to @DeNiro's posts. Everything he says, I 100% fully agree with

I prefer guys like HighonHockey and other more dedicated scouts, like this:

Ceulemans’ upside is incredibly high, which prompted Craig Button to claim before the AJHL season began, “I have no doubt he’s a top-10 player — none whatsoever in my mind — in the draft. And I don’t care if he plays another game. I’ve had the benefit of watching him play for a number of years, and I think he’s that good.” (from ‘Corson Ceulemans is bringing his top-10 NHL draft potential to the Badgers hockey team’, Wisconsin State Journal – 7/01/21) 

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

How bout let's not dog pile on the nucks. Boys just playing with pride. Nothing to complain about. 

Yeah but I wished the team had this come back drive when in the games they lost badly earlier the season 

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

No man, the flames suck... that’s what they have looked like most of the season 

well we are below them in the standing so we are worse

I went to do other things after the 2nd period safe in the knowledge that we had lost the game and reduced the risk of us dropping in the draft.

That point alone cost us 3 spots.... so

Canucks like to even screw up losing.

I guess Markstrom really wants a good defence man in front of him for the next half a decade... so decided to let every shot in the 3rd to help his team’s draft position?

• RoughGame 2
Just now, Locke Lamora said:

Craig Button compares Clarke to a hybrid of Erik Karlsson and Brent Burns. You seem like a nice person but I trust Button’s analysis over yours.

So struggles in his own zone?  We need a guy who's rock solid defensively and can munch minutes.